Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

An Arsebook poster calling for older presenters to be pensioned off.

Personally I think it’s time all of them were sacked for incompetence but just imagine if this person had dared to suggest a certain ethnic or sexual orientation presenters go it would be pulled but when it’s age it’s somehow ok.

I think we vintage members should run her out of town - will I order the bus?
Age should not be a factor in deciding who gets the elbow, far from it! Any more than callow youth should be a reason not to employ a person. If you're good enough, you're old/young enough
Besides, there is a laundry list of failings which most presenters have fallen foul of.

Failing to do the job expected would get most of them the heave-ho.
Promoting, or doing work for another party, rather than the work of the paying company.
Persistently turning up having not bothered to learn the product range.
Being rude to fellow workers, be that the guests or the behind the scenes people.
Dressing inappropriately for the job.
Any more?

Age should not be a factor in deciding who gets the elbow, far from it! Any more than callow youth should be a reason not to employ a person. If you're good enough, you're old/young enough
Besides, there is a laundry list of failings which most presenters have fallen foul of.

Failing to do the job expected would get most of them the heave-ho.
Promoting, or doing work for another party, rather than the work of the paying company.
Persistently turning up having not bothered to learn the product range.
Being rude to fellow workers, be that the guests or the behind the scenes people.
Dressing inappropriately for the job.
Any more?
Should be but nowadays it’s all about ticking the “right” boxes.

So once more someone asking about Links of London when will they be on again? They seem to be turning into the new where are Birkenstocks.

So Jen answered
Hi Tracey, we don't have a show planned within the next few weeks. Hopefully we can bring another soon. Thanks, Jen x

It was pointed out by another poster that Links went into Admin last year!
Really Jen was how they replied. :ROFLMAO:

I only had a quick look at the pensioning off older presenters post, but unless I didn’t see it correctly the pic of the poster suggests she is no spring chicken herself. Nice to see the sisterhood standing together! NOT!!!!!
And there was me thinking that one of the younger presenters had posted the remark, obviously not then.

Yes it is. Usually post removed as you are not allowed to mention other retailers selling products cheaper. Their team move the goal posts quite a bit so its hard to tell what you can post and what you can't. The Facebook mods cannot deal with complaints so just tell everyone to phone CS anyway. People ask about brands or products and the set answer is: 'I will pass on your comments to our buyers.' You just know dick all will happen with that one.
So not much training needed to get up to speed to be a moderator on qvc Facebook then? I think I could just about manage those 2 responses 😂

Oh, I got a survey from QVC this morning about beauty products and packaging etc. I got to pick icons I wanted on the packaging so both bunny logos and not sold in China. I doubt of course they will be dropping L'Occitane, Elemis etc anytime soon. Packaging supplied by the protect the rainforest etc.
Q could really lead the charge on beauty industry reform, with their selling power. Pity they don't but hardly a surprise.

Someone put a photo up of the free Elemis Neroli body cream that was sent out. She wanted to know how to buy it as it wasn't on the website. Perhaps watching the TSV and it was limited edition for the TSV might have helped. But knowing Elemis next year it will come out on its own. Those most people seemed to hate it.

'Just want to thank QVC for being there and being so reassuring all this crazy year love you all
1f603.png
'

:sick:

Latest posts

Back