Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dear Sir Would you be interested in buying my Art?Sincerely Anita Carr. Just seen this on Q's community page and looked at her other stuff displayed on FB....Oh dear. I know this is wrong and very naughty but the devil in me want's to put the word "No" in the comments, or at least click the laughing emoji...but I just can't do it!

View attachment 20204
That's quite good - for a 5 year old.

Is it a fairy on ski's holding a baloon/lollipop?

You must do a funny comment. 'does your toddler have any other pics?'

I didn’t understand that post but assumed it was either a reply to some on air nonsense or more likely a return sent out with some makeup (or worse - don’t go there).

The one post I did thoroughly agree with was the one about sell out items videos no longer available. There has been many times I would have liked to checked either the video or the description/price in comparison to the item I’ve received but the darn thing has disappeared

That's quite good - for a 5 year old.

Is it a fairy on ski's holding a baloon/lollipop?

You must do a funny comment. 'does your toddler have any other pics?'
Sadly the post has gone..either removed by Q or removed because of derogatory comments. It struck me as funny as it was plain to see that the woman would have a job giving her damned artwork away...let alone selling it to a major retailer like Q. Though thinking about it she could well have been taking note of the level of tat they do accept onto their books, and thought she might stand a chance!

Dear Sir Would you be interested in buying my Art?Sincerely Anita Carr. Just seen this on Q's community page and looked at her other stuff displayed on FB....Oh dear. I know this is wrong and very naughty but the devil in me want's to put the word "No" in the comments, or at least click the laughing emoji...but I just can't do it!

View attachment 20204

Is she a disabled artist? I looked her up and found a woman of the same name posting some pretty basic art along with a lot of disabled posts.

Good for her for trying but I honestly wouldn't put anything like this on my walls, though I might put a few like it from my 5 year-old nephew on the fridge.

Is she a disabled artist? I looked her up and found a woman of the same name posting some pretty basic art along with a lot of disabled posts.

Good for her for trying but I honestly wouldn't put anything like this on my walls, though I might put a few like it from my 5 year-old nephew on the fridge.
I don't get the impression she's a disabled artist, but I don't want to get into the not all disabilities are visible debate...I just get the impression that her "basic artwork" is basic 'cause she doesn't have any particular artistic talent. Disabled or not I applaud anyone who gives a pastime a go but art is a funny old thing and it can be whacked out there for sale for nutty prices, when frankly it's rubbish and could've been produced in seconds!

I don't get the impression she's a disabled artist, but I don't want to get into the not all disabilities are visible debate...I just get the impression that her "basic artwork" is basic 'cause she doesn't have any particular artistic talent. Disabled or not I applaud anyone who gives a pastime a go but art is a funny old thing and it can be whacked out there for sale for nutty prices, when frankly it's rubbish and could've been produced in seconds!

I agree. These days you hear about someone taking up art and when they show you their 'work' you're expected to be polite and tell them it's great for fear of shattering their confidence.

Sometimes being speechless is taken completely the wrong way! Not everyone has talent yet no one's allowed to have a negative opinion these days. Surely people can see their 'work' isn't very good (being PC and kind here)? Sometimes it's better to keep your pastime private.

I agree. These days you hear about someone taking up art and when they show you their 'work' you're expected to be polite and tell them it's great for fear of shattering their confidence.

Sometimes being speechless is taken completely the wrong way! Not everyone has talent yet no one's allowed to have a negative opinion these days. Surely people can see their 'work' isn't very good (being PC and kind here)? Sometimes it's better to keep your pastime private.

Totally agree.

'Anyone know who can fix my bracelet. Got from QVC 3 years ago, I've emailed them but no answer'
There was a photo attached that showed where it was broken, however, it's not really anything to do with the Q & I'm sure that once we're released from house arrest she could find a local jeweller to advise her.

'Anyone know who can fix my bracelet. Got from QVC 3 years ago, I've emailed them but no answer'
There was a photo attached that showed where it was broken, however, it's not really anything to do with the Q & I'm sure that once we're released from house arrest she could find a local jeweller to advise her.

3 years T? She must be getting it confused with Cooks Essentials pans. ❤️ xx

3 years T? She must be getting it confused with Cooks Essentials pans. ❤️ xx
I'm going to be very judgemental & hope that whatever make of pans she's got they're cleaner than her bracelet 😾 Miaow. In a grump because I won't be looking after our granddaughter & six weeks, if it is only six, is a massive period of time in a toddler's life.

I'm going to be very judgemental & hope that whatever make of pans she's got they're cleaner than her bracelet 😾 Miaow. In a grump because I won't be looking after our granddaughter & six weeks, if it is only six, is a massive period of time in a toddler's life.

Aw I know I was saying the exact same thing, technology is great for a lot of things, we’ve got FaceTime but nothing can replace that big squidgy cuddle you get from those little arms on the grandkiddies hey T ❤️🙏🥰 xx

You’re not being judgmental, you’re being honest, but yuck I can only imagine what that bracelet is like 😳

Last edited:
Aw I know I was saying the exact same thing, technology is great for a lot of things, we’ve got FaceTime but nothing can replace that big squidgy cuddle you get from those little arms on the grandkiddies hey T ❤️🙏🥰 xx

You’re not being judgmental, you’re being honest, but yuck I can only imagine what that bracelet is like 😳
Totally, it's everything about them, as you say the squidgy cuddles, their podgy hands, softest skin, giggles & new words every day. I'd better stop there or else we'll be compared to Ali K & I've already been called stroppy today (amongst other things) :ROFLMAO: On second thoughts, how are Hadyn & Rose?

Latest posts

Back