Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Items stained with body fluids have been returned & accepted which is a disgrace. The only item I received that was an issue was a dress that had been repaired, it had been done very well & the thread was a perfect colour match.
I’ve just seen this. Perhaps QVC could ID the customer who returned the offending object by getting the fluids DNA-tested ? 😱

Bringing back this thread.

This one appeared on QVC Facebook

Disgusted with QVC.
Ordered some Elemis bliss capsules on an apparently a 60 day money back guarantee.
My friend and I both used some but weren't for us so sent them back.
Received a letter today saying they think I have used too much product as I should only use a sample, and only offering a 30 day money back guarantee.
After shopping with them for over 20 years, spending thousands of pounds, I'm closing my account.
Absolutely FURIOUS and disgusted.
Don't shop with them. —
kR6zyAeQYvG.png
feeling angry.

Haven't seen anyone getting the used too much letter for a while. Now, the problem she had was two people were trying the product. QVC, no doubt covered their asses over that.

Bringing back this thread.

This one appeared on QVC Facebook

Disgusted with QVC.
Ordered some Elemis bliss capsules on an apparently a 60 day money back guarantee.
My friend and I both used some but weren't for us so sent them back.
Received a letter today saying they think I have used too much product as I should only use a sample, and only offering a 30 day money back guarantee.
After shopping with them for over 20 years, spending thousands of pounds, I'm closing my account.
Absolutely FURIOUS and disgusted.
Don't shop with them. —
kR6zyAeQYvG.png
feeling angry.

Haven't seen anyone getting the used too much letter for a while. Now, the problem she had was two people were trying the product. QVC, no doubt covered their asses over that.
I've always thought the return of cosmetics was a grey area & have never found specific information about what is considered using 'too much'.

I've always thought the return of cosmetics was a grey area & have never found specific information about what is considered using 'too much'.
I think they keep it purposely vague. What's to say that an expensive cream hasn't been entirely depotted and replaced with something else?
I highly doubt Q's checks would pick that up. Sending out skincare that has been returned after being tried out sounds like a recipe for disaster. In the US where people seem to sue at the drop of a hat, I don't think they would risk it.

I watched the recent Estee Lauder show, during the presentation of those silly foil masks, there appeared a caption at the bottom right of the screen.
'refunds on returns may be affected in some cases'.......well something like that anyway.

In other words 'don't use these overpriced masks and expect to be refunded when you realise they are a waste of money'

It's the food one that baffles me...Are you supposed to return a half eaten pie? On one of the food shows recently, and I think it was actually pies, they said something along the lines of you can just say you didn't like them and get your money back. Now mostly the pies are sold in packs of more than one, so potentially you could send half the pack back at your expense, or you could say your family ate the whole pack at meal time and they all agreed they weren't very nice...money back please. I wonder if people do that knowing that they can get food for the price of the postage..so can't be bad. No wonder the prices across the whole Q range are so high!

No, it seems if there is a problem with food they refund, and you don't send it back. But have to go through CS I have read people complaining on Facebook complaining and not having to send the food back.

No, it seems if there is a problem with food they refund, and you don't send it back. But have to go through CS I have read people complaining on Facebook complaining and not having to send the food back.
Otherwise they would be sending out unchecked half-eaten returned pies to their unsuspecting customers who don't read this forum.

I read somewhere regarding QVC returns conditions that if you used a lot in the trial period it will affect the amount you get back as a refund.

Latest posts

Back