Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are you impugning Bry's honour? :mysmilie_48::mysmilie_17:

Er, nothing to do with the four legged male in our family and Bry tends to pee on trees not headbutt them. Ok, saying no more :mysmilie_11:
Bry only drinks water and that's the way it stays. There are more stories about my mum's wine drinking blue roan but that's all for another day he he he he he.

C

Pat was posting yesterday with loads of emojis.

Exciting, so happy, wonderful etc.:mysmilie_19:

There is a rumble about the Molton Brown Advent Calander QVC are selling. As with what happened last year they are actually selling the previous year's version at full price. So the one this year is actually 2018's, of course, they state all products are new comments again. Yes, of course, they will be new as the calendars are not opened and used. Very different from people asking about their shelf life and how fresh the products are? Which will not be answered.

Loved the comments about Molton Brown should step in over this! Hmm, so loads of unsold calendars from last year Molton Brown want rid of them but of course, do want to make money from them. Hey, QVC will take our older stock no problem they have been doing it since we came back to them.

I don't know why they don't sell the advents at a bargain price if they're old ones, they'd sell out in minutes. Surely better than having them gathering dust and nearing their sell by date?

CC

Molton Brown do have outlet shops and usually discontinued stuff turns up there. But no doubt quicker for QVC to sell it saying it's exclusive to them and sell 50-100 items in an hour.

In the specially priced sets on QVC, I see discontinued products all the time from Molton Brown. With the usual, you can only get this from us razzle-dazzle.

Well spotted! The Q one is £198 plus £4.95. The 2019 on the Molton Brown site is £175 and they do free postage if over £49. So thats a bit rum, isnt it?

Pat was posting yesterday with loads of emojis.

Exciting, so happy, wonderful etc.:mysmilie_19:

There is a rumble about the Molton Brown Advent Calander QVC are selling. As with what happened last year they are actually selling the previous year's version at full price. So the one this year is actually 2018's, of course, they state all products are new comments again. Yes, of course, they will be new as the calendars are not opened and used. Very different from people asking about their shelf life and how fresh the products are? Which will not be answered.

Loved the comments about Molton Brown should step in over this! Hmm, so loads of unsold calendars from last year Molton Brown want rid of them but of course, do want to make money from them. Hey, QVC will take our older stock no problem they have been doing it since we came back to them.

QVC and MB no doubt confident (rightly so) that Q will shift them at as high a price as they can get away with. I'm over beauty advent calendars.

Posts complaining about the Q's sales assistants scaremongering about the forthcoming winter. There may be some who believe the word of a selly telly presenter but hopefully most don't. I'm always amused by the assumption that 'the elderly' are spooked by the thought of a harsh winter considering that those over 70 survived the winter of 1963 & most will have lived in homes that didn't have central heating but did have draughty single glazed windows.

Posts complaining about the Q's sales assistants scaremongering about the forthcoming winter. There may be some who believe the word of a selly telly presenter but hopefully most don't. I'm always amused by the assumption that 'the elderly' are spooked by the thought of a harsh winter considering that those over 70 survived the winter of 1963 & most will have lived in homes that didn't have central heating but did have draughty single glazed windows.

I suppose things are easier to cope with when you’re 20 than 70, I’d say many 70 year olds relied on their parents to get them through the Winter of 1963. I wouldn’t say the elderly are spooked by the Winter but statistics say many are admitted to hospital with hyperthermia because those with only a pension to live on can’t afford to put the heating on, It’s literally a choice between eating and staying warm., I think they’re the people QVC are targeting this Winter to flog fleeces and electric blankets. :mysmilie_3:

But do not forget pensioners whether rich or poor now get the Winter Heating Allowance. Single it is £200+, not sure of a married couple but a friend who lives with her partner and not married they get £100 each as they are registered as living together. This benefit came in some years back to help pensioners pay for their oil, gas etc so they would not be faced with eat or freeze.

But do not forget pensioners whether rich or poor now get the Winter Heating Allowance. Single it is £200+, not sure of a married couple but a friend who lives with her partner and not married they get £100 each as they are registered as living together. This benefit came in some years back to help pensioners pay for their oil, gas etc so they would not be faced with eat or freeze.

That’s true Donna Labour brought it in, and although it’s a huge help it was really cold from October to February last Winter, I couldn’t believe our bill I thought someone was cyphering off our gas because we didn’t have it on all the time. I think the payment should be paid in Summer because what a lot of people do is pay off their previous bill with it, then worry over Winter about putting it on. I think it should be means tested.

I saw a few minutes of Charlie on Cozee Home and he said a terribly hard Winter was forecast this year. Is that so? I wondered when I heard him because I haven't seen anything about this in the paper or on TV. Mind you I went into Boots yesterday and they were heavily plugging the flu jab! Perhaps they know more than the rest of us and we need it early, lol. I got mine anyway.

They take us all for fools. QVC has now become a branch of the Met Office and it’s talentless presenters are weather forecasters. I thought most of them were successful dancers.

I saw a few minutes of Charlie on Cozee Home and he said a terribly hard Winter was forecast this year. Is that so? I wondered when I heard him because I haven't seen anything about this in the paper or on TV. Mind you I went into Boots yesterday and they were heavily plugging the flu jab! Perhaps they know more than the rest of us and we need it early, lol. I got mine anyway.

I have heard on the radio a couple of times that we are in for a wet and windy end to 2019 and another Beast From The East (was it 2018 we had that?) in early 2020.

Mind you, if QVC told me that, I wouldn’t believe it!

I suppose things are easier to cope with when you’re 20 than 70, I’d say many 70 year olds relied on their parents to get them through the Winter of 1963. I wouldn’t say the elderly are spooked by the Winter but statistics say many are admitted to hospital with hyperthermia because those with only a pension to live on can’t afford to put the heating on, It’s literally a choice between eating and staying warm., I think they’re the people QVC are targeting this Winter to flog fleeces and electric blankets. :mysmilie_3:

Soz, Shopps I was thinking of those who are in their 80s & older. I have to pinch myself when I see 65+ being described as 'elderly' as I'm on the cusp of that definition. I find the attitude that the older generation hasn't got any common sense extremely patronising & agree that many find it hard to live on a meagre pension but do believe that their level headed attitude should be adopted by those who quiver at the slightest problem.

Soz, Shopps I was thinking of those who are in their 80s & older. I have to pinch myself when I see 65+ being described as 'elderly' as I'm on the cusp of that definition. I find the attitude that the older generation hasn't got any common sense extremely patronising & agree that many find it hard to live on a meagre pension but do believe that their level headed attitude should be adopted by those who quiver at the slightest problem.

Aw don’t say soz, you’ve nothing to be sorry about. :mysmilie_12:

I agree which you you can have 70 year olds fit as a fiddle and 70 year olds who aren’t as sprightly, same with 80 year old, or any age really.

At almost 54 (God spares me) I’m only a decade off 65 myself. Shock! :mysmilie_17:

The weather, wherever you are on the planet, can only be accurately predicted 10 days in advance. Local authorities have been caught out so many times in recent years that they now overcompensate. In 2013 there was a meterological conference in Exeter & one of the things they discussed was the number of poor summers the UK had recently experienced. The main man made the comment that nobody knew why the planet had weather, daft statement if you ask me, but he then went on to say that the next 10 British summers would be miserable. It was a glorious season, due to work commitments my Mr T was forced to cancel our holiday & I spent six weeks in the garden, returning to school with the best tan I've ever had :sun:

Back in 2010 in Northern Ireland, we had the big freeze, started early November with snowfall and lasted until December 26th. During the freeze, the outside mains froze and we had to get bottled water then the thaw many(thankfully not me)had burst pipes. It was -15 during the day in Belfast city and parts of the country areas colder than Russia.

What caused it? Well, a volcano in Iceland erupted so a cloud of ash very high in the atmosphere and the lack of winds meant it hit Ireland and just stayed there. The rest of the UK had their normal winter.

Back in 2010 in Northern Ireland, we had the big freeze, started early November with snowfall and lasted until December 26th. During the freeze, the outside mains froze and we had to get bottled water then the thaw many(thankfully not me)had burst pipes. It was -15 during the day in Belfast city and parts of the country areas colder than Russia.

What caused it? Well, a volcano in Iceland erupted so a cloud of ash very high in the atmosphere and the lack of winds meant it hit Ireland and just stayed there. The rest of the UK had their normal winter.

Winter 2010 was dreadful in the whole of the UK, from first week December, I remember it vividly due to a sad event which occurred that month. Where we are the snow first fell around 6th December and was on the ground until into January. As far as I am aware the Volcanic Ash Cloud issues were in April/May of 2010 and 2011, the latter one meant I was delayed returning home from a holiday as flights were grounded for a time.

Winter 2010 was dreadful in the whole of the UK, from first week December, I remember it vividly due to a sad event which occurred that month. Where we are the snow first fell around 6th December and was on the ground until into January. As far as I am aware the Volcanic Ash Cloud issues were in April/May of 2010 and 2011, the latter one meant I was delayed returning home from a holiday as flights were grounded for a time.

Ah, dear old Eyjafjallajökull that cost us over £1200 to get home from Rome using every form of transport except a skateboard.

Latest posts

Back