Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see a post on Q (originating from NHS I assume) asking everyone to gather and clap to show appreciation for care workers.

I would like to think that someone could come up with a more practical idea to show our appreciation- they can’t eat a clap.
But it will look good on social media!

Last edited:
Why 4 of the same novel (all brand spanking new) whereas the others are obviously pre read one offs.

If she went around all these type of thingies I suppose it’s one way to get your numbers up. Does Del Boy know or has she managed to get rid of them all in Devon. was DF just digital or a printed version as well?

Why 4 of the same novel (all brand spanking new) whereas the others are obviously pre read one offs.

If she went around all these type of thingies I suppose it’s one way to get your numbers up. Does Del Boy know or has she managed to get rid of them all in Devon. was DF just digital or a printed version as well?
I thought one of them was printed because she talked about it being on the shelves in WHSmith.

Didn't know where to post this but I've just looked at Queen Julia's blog. The title is bad enough but the photo of her contribution to their village's ’telephone box lending library’ is nauseating as is the description of the items she managed to get & the food they've been eating. I'm so relieved she managed to order sachets for her Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser & cheese, both from the Q, & I'm sure all those who can't find milk, nappies, loo roll or potatoes will feel the same. I've said it many times but I'm now totally over that odious organisation :mad:

Instead of publicising her book in telephone boxes and posting photos of her food she should consider distributing some of her Qvc stash to those in need in her community. My daughter is on a neighbourhood forum and they are sharing foodstuffs, toiletries, nappies, baby formula etc. I am sure spoilt QVC “ presenters “ have many freebies they can share. Not long ago JR posted a photo of her bathroom stash. They all do it, with photos of their freebies. It’s time they stopped being so spoilt and selfish.

Instead of publicising her book in telephone boxes and posting photos of her food she should consider distributing some of her Qvc stash to those in need in her community. My daughter is on a neighbourhood forum and they are sharing foodstuffs, toiletries, nappies, baby formula etc. I am sure spoilt QVC “ presenters “ have many freebies they can share. Not long ago JR posted a photo of her bathroom stash. They all do it, with photos of their freebies. It’s time they stopped being so spoilt and selfish.
Absolutely right, Evie.

I am very surprised anyone would publish photos of their stash of food in the fridge/freezer. Firstly it seems a very odd thing to even think of doing. Secondly these days you could get a load of online abuse for showing off or being greedy.
I’ve never understood the need to photograph and put on line all food before it goes in your gob! In fact I’ve never understood the need to photograph ANYTHING and then put it on line but then I’m a grumpy old git

Do you need to bother with the news? If something really important is announced you'll find out about it from someone & let's be honest because they're on all the time they have to fill the hours with so much talking & analysis. With so many things out of bounds I wrote a list of things to do for the next week - I haven't got any new books to read so will revisit old ones, it looks dry for the next few days so will be out in the garden & we're going to go through the paint stockpiled in the garage & may consider a very small decorating project. Like everybody else I've had some really sad & difficult times & to be honest this virus isn't anywhere near as awful as they were. I put extra pet food in the donation boxes in Sainsburys today, found a really good make up brush for half price & it was eco-friendly & today's the first day of spring. We will be alright & have plenty more turns around the sun 😌
Bless you Miss T & Candy. Candy sending hugs to you, Mr C & Bry, with love from Obie, Blissy & Mr B Catch you soon xxxxxxx.
Speaking of the latter, he used my Toothbrush a few days ago. I knew 2 differing shades of green was way too optimistic.

Queen Julia comes across as a selfish woman on air so this doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, you’re right about the milk, we’ve got one four pint we was lucky to get but it goes off in a week, but don’t know were the next one will come from but to be honest I’m more worried about children and babies getting fed than I am my next cup of tea. Queen Julia is another QVC presenter that doesn’t have a sensitivity chip, she’s just horrible.

Can you freeze some Shopps? Or make rice pudding if it's going to sour. Dead easy, warms the house, smells great whilst cooking.
My Nan used to make cake with sour milk. Think Mom does too. Will it work with scones?

Can you freeze some Shopps? Or make rice pudding if it's going to sour. Dead easy, warms the house, smells great whilst cooking.
My Nan used to make cake with sour milk. Think Mom does too. Will it work with scones?

Thanks SB, worth a shot but I think we’ll polish it off in a week, then see if Sherlock Holmes is available to track us another four pinter down. :cool:

WTF! Madonna, whilst naked in a bath of floating flowers, is spouting about it being a great equaliser making no difference if rich or poor.

Well you ****** I'd hazard a guess that your self isolating in a mansion with direct access to private health etc will not be equal to 80 year old Doris in a terrace house in Doncaster sitting on her own with an empty larder.

Are these people so thick that they don’t see how crass this ridiculous type of statement is.

The rich and famous can give words of support, but don't they dare give us advice, or pretend they are in the same boat for self isolation. They will be in the same boat, if they're in hospital as there won't be hotel-like rooms in private hospitals now the private hospitals are part of the NHS, because there won't be staff for special treatment. And I hope that doesn't happen to them or ordinary folk...

This is the big problem with 24 hour rolling news its like groundhog day. I’ve decided to look at the headlines no more than once an hour which is more than plenty incase there are sudden changes rather than listen to them going over the same thing and stretching out the smallest of items into full scale stories to fill the time.
Me too. I have had to turn it all off because no matter what the government say the talking heads put their own spin on it. Its no wonder people are confused.

Latest posts

Back