Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Donald was apparently talking to the Chinese leader this morning and the latter was offering advice as to how to fight the virus. Considering that Donald has been referring to a Covid-19 as being the Chinese virus I’m surprised that the Chinese want anything to do with him.

The fact that he is also considering reducing the restrictions in some parts of the States within the next fortnight only goes to show that he hasn’t got a clue.

Anyone taking bets that he will have it and be cured all by himself so that he can declare how brilliant he is and how every other country in the world is wrong.

Watch Boris who has the snivels and the GP who is self isolating and gasping for breath. I have a horrible feeling that this is going to become a SM “accessory“ that if you haven’t had a ”near miss“ to post about then you aren’t trending or whatever the term for what these people are/do.

Anyone taking bets that he will have it and be cured all by himself so that he can declare how brilliant he is and how every other country in the world is wrong.

Watch Boris who has the snivels and the GP who is self isolating and gasping for breath. I have a horrible feeling that this is going to become a SM “accessory“ that if you haven’t had a ”near miss“ to post about then you aren’t trending or whatever the term for what these people are/do.
What a horrible, and all-too-likely scenario.
We need to have widespread testing rolled out as soon as possible. We need to know who hasn't had it, who has had it, and who currently has it... for everyone's sake.
I almost feel that they should be prioritising the NHS workers over the patients now.

My Mr T found an American comedian doing The Donald talking about his negative result & how it was so good it was going to be included in medical textbooks. He thinks it was on twitter but it seems to have disappeared, if anyone sees it please post the link.

I never understood how a nation could elect someone like The Donald, then we got Boris but I’ve always suspected that tousled hair buffoon was a bit of an act. It has to be hasn’t it?
I'm married to a climber, he's been all over the world & climbed with a number of Americans who, without exception, have been outward looking & interested in other countries, their customs & people. Three years ago he went to Yosemite & was the only foreigner on the climb. He said that the guides were amazing, however, the others were the most insular people he'd ever met, couldn't see beyond the US & their own interests, their president mirrors them.

I'm married to a climber, he's been all over the world & climbed with a number of Americans who, without exception, have been outward looking & interested in other countries, their customs & people. Three years ago he went to Yosemite & was the only foreigner on the climb. He said that the guides were amazing, however, the others were the most insular people he'd ever met, couldn't see beyond the US & their own interests, their president mirrors them.
sadly I think DJT totally reflects them, problem is with a country as economically important as the USA, we all get a president we could do without...and no choice in the matter.

Has there ever been a decent US president? Off on a tangent, I've often wondered if I'm the youngest person who can remember where they were when they heard that JFK had been assassinated. I had just turned five & have a memory of sitting with my mum who was explaining why the pretty lady on the tv looked so sad, it was Jackie Kennedy walking down steps of the plane that had taken her back to Washington.

I well remember the assassination of JFk who has since been elevated to sainthood when we actually know he was a womaniser and the entire family was rotten to the core.

I thought Jimmy Carter might have ok and OBama who was never given a chance.

Did you ever think there would be a day when we would ever think that Bush Jnr and Regan were harmsell?

I well remember the assassination of JFk who has since been elevated to sainthood when we actually know he was a womaniser and the entire family was rotten to the core.

I thought Jimmy Carter might have ok and OBama who was never given a chance.

Did you ever think there would be a day when we would ever think that Bush Jnr and Regan were harmsell?
I detest Dubya Bush with every fibre of my being, along with his little friend 'I will be with you, whatever'.

Interesting article in the link about the black woman who made Jackie Kennedy`s wedding dress and how she was treated by JK and other people.

There was a news report going around over a week ago that the Donald was trying to buy up a vaccine being developed in Germany not ready yet of course. But he wants the total rights to it for the US and only the US so screw you the rest of the world. Now, this was in a number of not the red tops and reports that the German government talking about it in their parliament.

So the idea that those with the BIG MONEY will always get their noses in the feeding bin first because they can.

There was a news report going around over a week ago that the Donald was trying to buy up a vaccine being developed in Germany not ready yet of course. But he wants the total rights to it for the US and only the US so screw you the rest of the world. Now, this was in a number of not the red tops and reports that the German government talking about it in their parliament.

So the idea that those with the BIG MONEY will always get their noses in the feeding bin first because they can.
nothing new there then ....

I stopped colouring mine fifteen years ago when I had it cut short after a student spat in my face. That sounds very dramatic but it was horrible & my knee jerk reaction resulted in me preferring my grey hair. When I look at Queen Julia, & others like her, who resemble Disney's Pocahontas I wonder why they don't go lighter. Then I remember!

Posted this morning:
'Hi QVC, i would like to order 520291, it says sold out on the website, please can you make it available to buy online please, many thanks x'
Must live in La La Land!
What - no “pretty please”? If you went in to any large department store and suggested that they change their buying strategies just for you they would bring the men in white coats.

Oh, an outraged person complaining that Ruth made a comment about BoJo on This Morning. They are demanding she makes a public apology or this person will no longer buy from QVC!
I read that but as I never watch morning TV other than the news and even then it is usually the radio I had no idea what she said and if it was good, bad or taken totally out of context.
I’ll know it’s bad when I resort to watching HollyW or Ruth & Eamon - there are plenty of repeats of Homes under the hammer:D

I'm exhausted. I have just had to join a whatsapp group for our flats which meant getting a gmail account, being told my iPad was too old, Amazon Fire didn't want to know and finally getting it on the mobile which is a Samsung. Haven't a clue how to use it and too tired now to find out, LOL!!!! Might not bother with the exercise break this afternoon now.

Oh dear this sounds unnecessarily arduous!

I don’t have and as far as aware no need to have gmail account to be on WhatsApp?!

Also WhatsApp is mainly a phone messaging service - albeit using WiFi as opposed to phone signal - and my iPad isn’t that old but still don’t think I could get it on there...

Hope you now have it it’s easy to use it should be!

My beloved grandad died a year ago this month aged 92yo but he managed to master FaceTime and WhatsApp etc easily so it is possible ;)
Tended to leave his phone off and at home but that’s another issue LOL!

My son wants me to set it up so I can speak to him in Sweden for free, but I have been put off by the "palaver". Now that I am stuck at home, I will give it a go.

Just replied above - it’s honestly not really a palaver at all and so easy to use! Esp great to share pics and is great for free calls...
Give it a go to chat to your son!

Latest posts

Back