Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC plant selling is all about spin and bluff and false advertising. I watch the shows but won't buy them anymore: small plug plants, overhyped selling thats telling you that these plants are the best varieties. when the reality is small plugs, basic varieties that are available everywhere i.e Wilkos for much smaller sums.

Simon Dairylee is screaming about those three shopper bags are “amazing!!!!!” value, er no cheesy they’re absolutely not, I’ve just bought a pack of six for £8 from Amazon free delivery. Honestly don’t know why people are buying plants, or anything from QVC anymore, not with the world of choice we have now.

I hardly channel hop now, and with Simon “loads in store” ding! Biagi screaming and lying, I’ll be hopping even less.

I confess to making a rare post on their FB page last week. I used a mild “profane” word in response to something Liam x wrote to a customer. QVC had got something seriously wrong (legally), the customer pointed this out to them and Liam x said he would “like to help her”. I saw red and replied. Within minutes it was deleted and a warning posted.

I think QVC did well selling plants when all the gardening centres were shut. Now that they're open again, nobody in their right minds should buy any from them.

I'm no gardener (massive understatement) but I got hooked into buying a couple of items of evergreen plugs for my beds - sucked in by the way they spread around and kill weeds. Yeah right - one born every minute.

That was on 9th May. Apparently my order is still in process. Now I've read about all the problems people had had with plants, I wondered if I could cancel the order. I can't do it online. I think when they arrive, they will probably be damaged or dead. I'm hoping QVC will cancel the order because it can't be fulfilled and refund the money. What do you think I should do? I don't fancy hanging on the phone for 45 mins to be cut off.

After this episode, I'm done with shopping with QVC. Its behaviour now is disgraceful.

I think QVC did well selling plants when all the gardening centres were shut. Now that they're open again, nobody in their right minds should buy any from them.

I'm no gardener (massive understatement) but I got hooked into buying a couple of items of evergreen plugs for my beds - sucked in by the way they spread around and kill weeds. Yeah right - one born every minute.

That was on 9th May. Apparently my order is still in process. Now I've read about all the problems people had had with plants, I wondered if I could cancel the order. I can't do it online. I think when they arrive, they will probably be damaged or dead. I'm hoping QVC will cancel the order because it can't be fulfilled and refund the money. What do you think I should do? I don't fancy hanging on the phone for 45 mins to be cut off.

After this episode, I'm done with shopping with QVC. Its behaviour now is disgraceful.

There were lots of places on line selling plants, I bought some lovely plants and compost from Ideal World, they arrived fast and in perfect condition so I suppose it depends on who the supplier is because they come direct.

I confess to making a rare post on their FB page last week. I used a mild “profane” word in response to something Liam x wrote to a customer. QVC had got something seriously wrong (legally), the customer pointed this out to them and Liam x said he would “like to help her”. I saw red and replied. Within minutes it was deleted and a warning posted.

I got banned about 3 or 4 years back for telling them what I thought of Denis Basso! I can still read the page.

I see a bit of ballocks over an Elemis set people ordered yesterday. Seems the face cream was shown as 50mls and its not.

I got banned about 3 or 4 years back for telling them what I thought of Denis Basso! I can still read the page.

I see a bit of ballocks over an Elemis set people ordered yesterday. Seems the face cream was shown as 50mls and its not.
One of these days they will actually get punished for this, I hope. They are too slapdash for words...

I think that it will be too late to cancel your order now, but it’s worth your ringing customer services to ask them - just in case. Hopefully yours will arrive in a healthy condition though as it’s only been 11 days since you placed your order and it’s usually a 10 - 14 day delivery time scale from outside distributors.

However, if they aren’t healthy when they arrive then you will need to ring customer services to let them know and to ask for a refund. The CS can sometimes sanction a refund while you’re on the phone.

They mention returning goods you don’t want them. In my experience they don’t want plants returned, hence the reason I ended up with a load of fruit trees and seeds that had been sent to me in error.

Thanks Toril for your sage advice. Hopefully they will arrive soon in good order.

That must have been quite a big and expensive error at QVC for you to end up with fruit trees unrequested. I hope you could use at least some of them.

I've never had to send plants back, QVC have always just refunded and I've never had to sent photos either. Same with food. They just say keep/dispose and refund. Most of the plants I've had from various companies have been OK ish or absolutely fine. The dead ones I've been refunded for.

Having spent most of today in my garden I have to say it's looking lovely 🌿🌷🌹🥀🌺🌺🎍🎍🥀🌞🌼

Thanks Toril for your sage advice. Hopefully they will arrive soon in good order.

That must have been quite a big and expensive error at QVC for you to end up with fruit trees unrequested. I hope you could use at least some of them.

They sent me a recent TSV which I hadn’t ordered and when I rang the CS woman said that I wasn’t the first person to ring with a similar issue. I feel sorry for those who did order them and who have now probably had to ask for a refund.

I hadn’t got enough room in the garden for them, but I kept two blueberry bushes (which are flourishing in pots) and gave everything else to friends.

There are even more photos of dead, rotting plants on their FB page. 😳 Their idea of buying plants direct from the nurseries, once we went into lockdown, was quite good but it’s failed abysmally and that’s probably down to poor packaging and couriers who can’t read “this way up” on the boxes. It’s probably cost them a fortune.

There are also a couple of posts about the Datalogixx that was a recent TSV. Apparently it’s not working on a couple of the devices. I must be really lucky then because I’ve now backed up thousands of photos and videos that were on both my iPhones and my iPad.

weren’t these plants supposed to be “for Chelsea “ (my arse) but rescued by Q?

One of my perfumed begonias when planted just came away from the plug thingy so 1/6 of an expensive order crap.

i see on Arsebook that someone has received their giant begonias so perhaps ours will be here over the weekend. They better not be rotten as I’m not in a great mood.

I just received my Plants2Gardens TSV of the 2 big pebble planters and two boxes of plants. The courier wants shot! The boxes were just kicked in (the only words I can use to describe the completely trashed condition) as if someone had put their foot through the box several times, then the cut out handle part had been ripped half way down to see what was inside I'm guessing? I expected carnage but the pots were none the worse for wear and although the plants were half out the packaging they were each and every one OK. That's not QVC's fault as they come from the supplier direct and having bought a lot of things from Ken at Plants2Gardens there's no way they would have put a box like that in the post. Total fault of Hermes I'm afraid.

CC

Planted up my cosmos this morning an absolute disgrace. The roots were in a teaspoon of soil and over 9 inches tall flopping all over the place on a spindly weak stem.

Suttons need a good kick up the arse for sending these out.

Still haven’t got the compost which was promised no later than 22 May. ****** fuming.

Apparently at the end of a show Jill Frank apologised for someone’s (think BA] northern accent and quite rightly many are up in arms.

Maybe someone should ask her to apologise for that ****** annoying and incorrect way she ends every word ending ing with ink. somethink, anythink, etc, or Queen Julia numba, orda, etc.

Apparently at the end of a show Jill Frank apologised for someone’s (think BA] northern accent and quite rightly many are up in arms.

Maybe someone should ask her to apologise for that ****** annoying and incorrect way she ends every word ending ing with ink. somethink, anythink, etc, or Queen Julia numba, orda, etc.

Really? What a total snob! If she had apologised for someone's Asian accent or Nigerian accent she would have been sacked so what's the difference?

Latest posts

Back