Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember they wouldn't take my debit card back in the day, it was Electron and for some reason, QVC said no? So I had to pay by cheque which meant no easy pay which was a good thing.

The weird thing is on the Money Saving Site people asked how to get an Electron one as if you were paying certain things like travel tickets you did not get a surcharge. Of course, I was moved to a Visa one years back so no problems with QVC after that.
Is electron still around?

There might be a few here who remember in the late 60’s ironing hair on a ironing board with an actual iron. I had a few near misses when the sheet of brown paper which was supposed to protect your hair slipped . It probably was easier if you had someone to do the ironing bit whilst you crouched over the ironing board.

Me! I'd sit in front of the ironing board with my hair spread over it while my poor mum tried her best to iron my hair and not my head. I remember her fighting with the brown paper and losing so she tried with a clean tea towel instead. I hated my hair back then (still do), but I think my mum probably hated it more!

I remember they wouldn't take my debit card back in the day, it was Electron and for some reason, QVC said no? So I had to pay by cheque which meant no easy pay which was a good thing.

The weird thing is on the Money Saving Site people asked how to get an Electron one as if you were paying certain things like travel tickets you did not get a surcharge. Of course, I was moved to a Visa one years back so no problems with QVC after that.

I remember you mentioning that here as I'd been trying to get one after ML told everyone it was great to dodge surcharges. I could never understand why Q wouldn't take it but now I realise it's because it must have cost them more.

I see the dreaded Beauty Awards are back. Of course, you can only vote for what QVC wants you to.

Joop Homme is there, well it was released in 1989!

I did vote but skipped a number of categories as I have never used or did not like any in the list.

It's probably some of the original 1989 stock found at the back of a warehouse somewhere!

This one is causing a stir.

Can I ask if this is correct? I was under the impression that returned skincare, make up etc., would not be re-sold but this response would seem to contradict that. I'm aware it states "unused" but that is extremely difficult to ascertain as many products sold are not sealed.

She received the reply stuff is checked and as with all shops, if in good condition returned to stock and resold. Now she asked on Facebook and the numty from admin just repeated the answer she got about if returned in good condition put out for sale again. But they are not answering about skincare and makeup which was her question? Others replying about used dirty items coming out again and the returns department are not existent as stuff just sent out again without checking. I know in shops all skincare and makeup are thrown away if opened and returned because of health and safety. Boots now have a notice up because people unable to try testers they will accept all returns if the item is the wrong shade/colour.

Any idea what this is about?

“would ask anyone who shops here to think again
This company discriminates toward women who have suffered domestic violence and abuse they hold the protocols that are put in place for your safety against you this is unacceptable”
Posting on the wrong group would be my guess or too much gin in the sun.

Someone’s just asked whether Dyson are on the board of directors at QVC because they have so many hours dedicated to them. :ROFLMAO: To that thought they should add Marla blooming Wynne.

QVC has got so repetitive and boring recently that I can count the number of minutes on one hand that I’ve watched it.

I'm just sorting my tin hat here. I have liked some MW items but they were always out of my price range, however, I recently bought a sort of batwing shirt that was reduced. I really like it and it's not too outrageous so you could wear it just out to the pub or a meal. They are very oversized though so an XS is more than enough. Maybe that's why I like it :D

CC

I'm just sorting my tin hat here. I have liked some MW items but they were always out of my price range, however, I recently bought a sort of batwing shirt that was reduced. I really like it and it's not too outrageous so you could wear it just out to the pub or a meal. They are very oversized though so an XS is more than enough. Maybe that's why I like it :D

CC
Good for you cc. Do you wear the tin hat & the shirt together? I suppose turning up at a restaurant wearing a tin hat & mask, prior to being seated, might cause a few raised eyebrows 🙄

Good for you cc. Do you wear the tin hat & the shirt together? I suppose turning up at a restaurant wearing a tin hat & mask, prior to being seated, might cause a few raised eyebrows 🙄
Twi, to be honest we're at the caravan tonight, just nipped down the club, back home, the MW getup is at th other home so I didn't wear it. That ff tin hat, well it's on my head most of my life. The curry place we go, well they are doing the right thing but we are still priority customers. I love that.

Twi, to be honest we're at the caravan tonight, just nipped down the club, back home, the MW getup is at th other home so I didn't wear it. That ff tin hat, well it's on my head most of my life. The curry place we go, well they are doing the right thing but we are still priority customers. I love that.
I needed a full suit of armour rather than a tin hat today when I received a really snotty text from our older daughter. A text!

I have a couple of MW items and TBH I like the layered look (even though I’m too short) but the prices are ridiculous.

i was reading a magazine article about jumpsuits and they had a vast selection from every well known store ranging in prices but averaging for the nicer ones around £30 to £50. I looked on Q and apart from a few odd ones (sizes and returns) in clearance most were more in the £60-£70 and some over over £100. Then add post of £6 ,

I needed a full suit of armour rather than a tin hat today when I received a really snotty text from our older daughter. A text!
OOOhh. Twi, I have no children but I know how antsy and upset I feel when I get text/emails from my sister who does the whole big family thing and I don't know how to deal with it. I hope your armour deflected the brown stuff.

CC x

Talking MW, have you read this one posted on QVC‘s Facebook main comments . It was in reply to QVC promoting their £10 incentive to recommend a friend:

Donna Stenner
I wouldn’t recommend to a friend. I purchased a pair of Marlawynne sweater knit trousers. They arrived yesterday and I could see they were a customer return as the bag was sellotaped up.
I opened them to try them on and someone had had a toilet accident in them and they were covered in poo. They had stains on the hem and a hole in the leg. But the poo was the worst. Totally disgusting. Your quality control measures really failed on this one as you didn’t even open it to check it. What about COVID-19 health and safety checks. I am truly disgusted by this. How do I know that the person who returned them was fit and well. I called you to complain and all I got was an apology, you didn’t even want the trousers back it was that bad! You’re sending me a replacement pair of trousers but this really isn’t good enough. I shop a lot with you but this has really put me off. Thoroughly unimpressed and I want to raise a complaint and for it to be investigated. COVID-19 protective clothes return measures failed in this instance.

OOOhh. Twi, I have no children but I know how antsy and upset I feel when I get text/emails from my sister who does the whole big family thing and I don't know how to deal with it. I hope your armour deflected the brown stuff.

CC x
Thank you CC, it certainly did ❤

Talking MW, have you read this one posted on QVC‘s Facebook main comments . It was in reply to QVC promoting their £10 incentive to recommend a friend:

Donna Stenner
I wouldn’t recommend to a friend. I purchased a pair of Marlawynne sweater knit trousers. They arrived yesterday and I could see they were a customer return as the bag was sellotaped up.
I opened them to try them on and someone had had a toilet accident in them and they were covered in poo. They had stains on the hem and a hole in the leg. But the poo was the worst. Totally disgusting. Your quality control measures really failed on this one as you didn’t even open it to check it. What about COVID-19 health and safety checks. I am truly disgusted by this. How do I know that the person who returned them was fit and well. I called you to complain and all I got was an apology, you didn’t even want the trousers back it was that bad! You’re sending me a replacement pair of trousers but this really isn’t good enough. I shop a lot with you but this has really put me off. Thoroughly unimpressed and I want to raise a complaint and for it to be investigated. COVID-19 protective clothes return measures failed in this instance.
It really is a disgraceful company.

Latest posts

Back