Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh and we have another

WHEN are you going to take respnsibility for recruiting addicts who think you are friends?? You just sold some 5 inch heeled boots to someone who is bed bound!!!! Crooks and parasites!!

Two replies saying it is not up to QVC to stop people buying what they want to.

This might sound harsh, but it isn’t up to QVC to stop people buying things. How are they supposed to know if someone buys something that’s inappropriate? They just want their money.

Oh and we have another

WHEN are you going to take respnsibility for recruiting addicts who think you are friends?? You just sold some 5 inch heeled boots to someone who is bed bound!!!! Crooks and parasites!!

Yeah just checked that out and it's the same woman..she's obviously very bitter and angry because she blames the faux friendship that channels such as Q can offer to the lonely, elderly and vulnerable viewer. She needs to take a step back and question herself here - Was there more she could've done to help her mother while she was still alive? The channels have every right to try and sell products, and need presenters to friendly and chatty -If they were all curt and miserable it would be bad for business. It's not up to qvc to stop people buying what they want to. Being different from a high street store, or an online site, they must realise that a large contingent of viewers will be in a vulnerable category .Of course they can't tell whether the person who's ordered those killer heels couldn't possibly wear them - that's a ridiculous notion. Some kind of regulation is needed though, even if it's a cursory message every now and then, even links to a helpline..and definitely stop encouraging people to phone in and tweet their excessive purchases. I think this woman needs to channel her anger into actually doing something constructive eg, writing to her mp, trying to put together an articulate case as to why this industry needs regulating ,emailing qvc in a polite and dignified manner, an online petition maybe, setting up her own support group instead of such ridiculous rants...nobody will take her seriously..and the matter IS serious!

Still awaiting a reply to my email btw

Last edited:
Oh and we have another

This is the kind of person who will be a snitch & report her neighbours to the 'Marshalls'.

Yeah just checked that out and it's the same woman..she's obviously very bitter and angry because she blames the faux friendship that channels such as Q can offer to the lonely, elderly and vulnerable viewer. She needs to take a step back and question herself here - Was there more she could've done to help her mother while she was still alive? The channels have every right to try and sell products, and need presenters to friendly and chatty -If they were all curt and miserable it would be bad for business. It's not up to qvc to stop people buying what they want to. Being different from a high street store, or an online site, they must realise that a large contingent of viewers will be in a vulnerable category .Of course they can't tell whether the person who's ordered those killer heels couldn't possibly wear them - that's a ridiculous notion. Some kind of regulation is needed though, even if it's a cursory message every now and then, even links to a helpline..and definitely stop encouraging people to phone in and tweet their excessive purchases. I think this woman needs to channel her anger into actually doing something constructive eg, writing to her mp, trying to put together an articulate case as to why this industry needs regulating ,emailing qvc in a polite and dignified manner, an online petition maybe, setting up her own support group instead of such ridiculous rants...nobody will take her seriously..and the matter IS serious!

This woman needs to get a grip & a life.

Interesting one on there about the exercise machine which suddenly stopped and caused the purchaser to fall off! She has been promised two collections, neither of which happened and it was all but blocking her hall. She was promised by Joe x or his equivalent that she would get a phone call that night. She didn’t. So there is a picture of this huge box wrapped up in cling film now sitting outside her house. Needless to say she hasn’t had her money back. She is threatening a small claims process. Go, girl!

She doesn't appear to have considered, that the boots might be for someone else.

Or, the bed-bound lady might just like to look at what she considers to be gorgeous footwear. Perhaps she'll look at them for fifty days, and then return them!

I know someone in her 70s bed-bound who buys clothes and shoes from a neighbour who does Avon. They will never fit her but this does not stop her. Now, she might be bed-bound but has all her mental facilities so if she wants to spend her money nothing to do with her friends. She has no family. If you dare to ask why are you buying that very low cut top 3 sizes too small she will tell you to f*ck off.

I have no love for Q or the presenters but really it’s not like a gambling site where they can see the customers are racking up debt. In reality if anyone could monitor excess spending it would be the credit card company but even then only if it looked suspicious. Imagine if the lady was buying gifts for 4 daughters and 6 grandchildren and Q phoned to tell her to stop the daughter would be up in arms . How are they supposed to know she doesn’t open the parcels - she could be out on the town every night when she isn’t on cruises. Methinks the daughter is having a touch of guilt and trying blame everyone else.

Just reading all her rants. This could have been sorted with a Power of Attorney lodged with Q. Under data protection Q could not have taken instruction without it. Of course she would have had to have done one of 2 things. If her mother was in sound mind and agreed to the daughter acting as POA a solicitor will speak to the mother to satisfy themselves that it isn’t been done under duress and will draw one up -cost a couple of hundred (my dads was £250 about 5 years ago and he wanted me to deal with people on his behalf.)

However if the mother does not or is not able to agree then it has to go to court and of course that would have cost quite a bit more.

It isn’t up to QVC to monitor people’s spending, I mean let’s be honest they can’t even monitor people sending used, dirty returns back then sending them out to some other unsuspecting poor bugger hoping they’d keep it, but when QVC offer easy pay on an item, it’s then they cross the line and have to become a responsible lender, but QVC aren’t responsible.........so that’s the end of that. 🤔👍😃

Last edited:
I had a friend who was never going to wear a particular type of shoe again because of mobility issues but she like to look at them form time to time.

I know this is a bit of a tangent..but I remember a little collection of model shoes you could get called "The right shoe", maybe a few well chosen ones of them would be nice in a little cabinet or on a shelf! They also did a collection of mini mannequins featuring iconic dresses through the eras and I started buying them like crazy, and like all collections they get out of hand and started looking unattractive..and then of course friends would buy them for you as gifts. Eventually I weeded out the ones I didn't like, and now have a shelf in the upstairs bedroom to display the ones I kept and they do look rather nice. As I said though you've gotta watch yourself with collections as they can take over your house and what started off as a couple of attractive pieces can turn into an ugly monster and the biggest dust trap ever! Good God...let's not give the folks at Q any ideas!!!

I know people can make their own choices but if there's no family to help them, no friends who feel free to say something, then what help is there for people with spending addictions? Retailers are there to make money, pure and simple, and don't have any social responsibility as such. There's help for gambling and drug addicts and yes, I know they're illegal and shopping isn't, but the addiction problem is the same, whatever they're addicted to. An addictive personality will find something to be addicted to and needs help. They won't get this from the retailer who is certainly not going to grass on them. And could our society cope with yet another layer of addiction solution to fund with money from somewhere, ie us the taxpayers?

It isn’t up to QVC to monitor people’s spending, I mean let’s be honest they can’t even monitor people sending used, dirty returns back then sending them out to some other unsuspecting poor bugger hoping they’d keep it, but when QVC offer easy pay on an item, it’s then they cross the line and have to become a responsible lender, but QVC aren’t responsible.........so that’s the end of that. 🤔👍😃

The weird thing is a number of people have gone on QVC Facebook outraged when they found there had been a credit check on them by QVC. At least one got turned down for whatever they were buying. Now QVC does still say or they did until recently they never do. I am sure it is somewhere way back on this thread that QVC secretly do a credit check I bet it is for the expensive brands they started selling.

Strange but true shopaholics are grouped in with gamblers and I heard from someone I know it was suggested they go to gamblers anonymous! Some people have addictive personalities it is not always drugs or gambling.

The weird thing is a number of people have gone on QVC Facebook outraged when they found there had been a credit check on them by QVC. At least one got turned down for whatever they were buying. Now QVC does still say or they did until recently they never do. I am sure it is somewhere way back on this thread that QVC secretly do a credit check I bet it is for the expensive brands they started selling.

Yes they’ve said in the past, in the very, very early days that they don’t do credit checks but you can chalk that up with the rest of their lies, they’ve always done soft credit checks and for expensive items they do the full shebang, they go in ‘ard with the full credit check.

Strange but true shopaholics are grouped in with gamblers and I heard from someone I know it was suggested they go to gamblers anonymous! Some people have addictive personalities it is not always drugs or gambling.

Yes that’s absolutely true.

I thought I’d look on their FB page this morning and got the message that I must “log in to continue.“

The same thing has happened on all the FB pages that I look at as a visitor. I don’t intend to create an FB account so was wondering whether this is a new thing or whether FB is doing an update or something. Or maybe it’s just a blip. 😳

If we can no longer read posts as a visitor, I hope that those of you who have accounts will continue to let us know about the posts and traumas that happen on there. 😉

A few samples

Shocking customer service. Ordered a Ninja Grill. Arrived last Thursday, grill pan all bent, actual grill dented in the outside. Box wasn’t even sealed. So had clearly been returned. Emailed twice & no response. Fuming. Haven’t been able to phone as I went on holiday. Quick to take my money! As soon as I can I’ll be straight on the phone. Because QVC clearly aren’t bothered about customers who have already paid!

Was hoping to be able to book a date that my faulty item to be collected on but told no can't book a date for when it's convenient and i'll be home just have to wait for hermes to turn up when they turn up ...and then you add well if they don't turn up in a week ring back, you know how unreliable hermes are....If they're so unreliable why are you using them? I have to wait 14 days for a refund after you collect the item and no idea on when the item will be collected. .. Don't you think it would be easier to be able to arrange a collection for when people know they'll be home? saves time for us and for the hermes driver.

Hello, I have just spoken to customer service who asked me to email a certificate of posting to [email protected] which I just did but received bounce back saying this email address is no longer in use - can you advice correct email please She has now been given 4 different email addresses, none worked.

This ring came on Wednesday and look at it now , so disappointed with the quality. The Q picture shows a deeply coloured stone,, the actual is like clear glass.

I bought a Dyson AM04 hot and cold fan in June last year from QVC and it is now not working. Other than a wood burner it is my only form of heat and the evenings are getting colder (just not cold enough for the wood burner at the moment) . There is a 60-minute queue on the line to Dyson at the moment and no messaging system 'manned' on the website and I have been on hold to you guys now for 20 minutes too!!! HELP what do I need to do??? The error code is an exclamation mark...

Returned MW tunic recent Tsv. Postage not refunded under the direct cancellation scheme. When I challenged they said I did not get postage back as stain on item. Did not even try it on as I did not like the material. Shocking from QVC. If there was a mark on it which I did not see then it was there before they posted. Account will be cancelled going forward

Enough already?

Latest posts

Back