Somebody please buy Adina a dictionary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VapidStoat

Registered Shopper
The poor love is having huge problems with her words right now.

Adina doesn't seem to know the difference between the words "captivate" and "capture". And she's just described a gem's cut as its "frivolity".

I really don't know how anyone can make an informed decision to buy from Gemporia if even the presenters either don't know, or don't understand, the words they're spouting at the camera.

Most of them also seem to like using "luxury" for "luxurious", too. It all makes them sound bonkers. 🤔

Tonight, it's Hattie mangling her words. Everything is a "moment". Whether it's a specific period in time, an item of jewellery, a gem's characteristics, or Rudi Wobito coming out with a revamped briolette cut: they're all moments, apparently. And she won't stop (mis)using the word, and shouting it at the screen.

Then there's the word "pride". Hattie hasn't heard of it. Instead, she has "proudness" in what she's selling. My old English teacher would be rather bemused by all this.

For a company that relies on its salespeople to sell its wares to the viewing public, you would think that Gemporia would want people on screen with a decent command of basic English. Apparently not.

Tonight, it's Hattie mangling her words. Everything is a "moment". Whether it's a specific period in time, an item of jewellery, a gem's characteristics, or Rudi Wobito coming out with a revamped briolette cut: they're all moments, apparently. And she won't stop (mis)using the word, and shouting it at the screen.

Then there's the word "pride". Hattie hasn't heard of it. Instead, she has "proudness" in what she's selling. My old English teacher would be rather bemused by all this.

For a company that relies on its salespeople to sell its wares to the viewing public, you would think that Gemporia would want people on screen with a decent command of basic English. Apparently not.
She drives me insane. Mispronouncing words, using incorrect words and worst of all, using words she doesn’t understand the meaning of. The worst show I think I’ve ever seen was the one with the silver coins. Numismatist well and truly defeated her.

Hattie is amazing at her ability to speak at an amazing speed 😅, combined with alternative pronunciation it is challenging to understand at times.

Tuned in the other day to be bombarded by the amazing opportunity to get…. ”NAVIBIAN diamonds” Hattie was hyperventilating to promote.
I make mistakes In English as its not my native language, but at times hearing Labradorite being called “Labrodite” or the ever involving term of nacre describing pearls 😅😂 is somewhat jarring even to my ears.

It is s so funny to hear the word “nacre” pronounced as a noise a tractor makes 😅, someone send an internet dictionary link to help the confused presenters,

Actually I quite like Hattie's shows as long as the volume is turned low and she is very funny with some of the words she comes out with. Only just started her show and has already used favouritive (favourite), spearpointing (indicating?) and incremations, (which actually refers to burning a dead body) ... 🙄
Object DEEE Art. Really Hattie, really?

Looking to see how many times Hattie uses 'moment' when the Renaissance egg comes on ...😁
The clock has started 😂…the “treasure within“ is 1.75 diamond, significantly smaller than the 3 mm treasures offered before and the egg is void of enamelling or zircons… “Lilly of the valley with Guilloché technique” needs to come with a magnifying glass, just like the violet diamonds dust that Dave Troth bestowed upon the masses 😂. Not sure of it is hilarious or sad?

Yesterday Jess was ”giving us” the elusive Argyle diamonds, put up a graph showing the rise in price of PINK diamonds and preceded to shout at customers about the absolute need to invest into what she was selling - not a single pink diamond, Argyle champagne and white microscopic ones. What madness is that?

Last edited:
Dave said it was a 12 egg collection….alexandrite, gold, Jade, paraiba, sapphire, yellow diamond, pink diamond and ruby. Can someone help me with my math please? 😂. Unless they have others that come after the final egg, it might be an alternative bakers dozen..oops?

Last edited:
The clock has started 😂…the “treasure within“ is 1.75 diamond, significantly smaller than the 3 mm treasures offered before and the egg is void of enamelling or zircons… “Lilly of the valley with Guilloché technique” needs to come with a magnifying glass, just like the violet diamonds dust that Dave Troth bestowed upon the masses 😂. Not sure of it is hilarious or sad?

Yesterday Jess was ”giving us” the elusive Argyle diamonds, put up a graph showing the rise in price of PINK diamonds and preceded to shout at customers about the absolute need to invest into what she was selling - not a single pink diamond, Argyle champagne and white microscopic ones. What madness is that?
As I thought lots of drama, unintended comedy, too many 'moments' to keep count of, one 'motion' that I think was also supposed to be a moment .. 😂Hattie was extra hyper this evening, poor Kati seemed to be struggling to get a word in edgeways in the Visage show. I was underwhelmed too by the pink egg, quite dull compared with most ofthe others .. was anyone tempted to buy any of the eggs?

If you got a salesperson constantly mispronouncing gems' names at you at 10,000mph, and saying next to nothing that was worthwhile about their wares at Tiffany's, Boodles, or any other premier high end establishment, would you feel confident enough to spend hundreds or even thousands of pounds with them? Would you feel confident that this person was an expert on what they were selling, and knew exactly what they were doing?

I think that many Gemporia viewers would be very much taken aback if they happened to visit such a high end jeweller, and saw for themselves just how real top tier jewellery is sold.

As I thought lots of drama, unintended comedy, too many 'moments' to keep count of, one 'motion' that I think was also supposed to be a moment .. 😂Hattie was extra hyper this evening, poor Kati seemed to be struggling to get a word in edgeways in the Visage show. I was underwhelmed too by the pink egg, quite dull compared with most ofthe others .. was anyone tempted to buy any of the eggs?
I liked that they created them to open, their previous versions did not. Thought that Paraiba, Ruby and yellow Diamond eggs were nicely designed, the rest had very interesting shades and enamel looked a bit “lumpy” on the screen, might be just the magnification. I also thought that the pink Diamond was very underwhelming. The dimensions were minuscule and even their famous magnification failed to help. The prices were oddly variable too?? Dave said that it was very costly to incorporate the opening mechanism, yet they have an a silver egg with a 👠 in it on the website and it’s £48.99?

Last edited:
I liked that they created them to open, their previous versions did not. Thought that Paraiba, Ruby and yellow Diamond eggs were nicely designed, the rest had very interesting shades and enamel looked a bit “lumpy” on the screen, might be just the magnification. I also thought that the pink Diamond was very underwhelming. The dimensions were minuscule and even their famous magnification failed to help. The prices were oddly variable too?? Dave said that it was very costly to incorporate the opening mechanism, yet they have an a silver egg with a 👠 in it on the website and it’s £48.99?
Yes agree with you, I was tempted by the paraiba egg which was very pretty, but doubts surrounding Dave's transparency with his jade got into my head and put me off at the last minute ! 😁

Ahh Dave has received the memo as well, selling an agate bracelet for 29.99.. "This is your moment", each stone is a "moment" ... must be the word of the month 😁 It looks like a pretty bracelet but as usual preceded by references to Bonhams, dubious comparisons and strangely, various bird carvings which didn't seem to have much relevance to a stretchy bracelet. Increasingly I am enjoying Gemporia for its unintended comedy value 😁

Last edited:
Hattie is amazing at her ability to speak at an amazing speed 😅, combined with alternative pronunciation it is challenging to understand at times.

Tuned in the other day to be bombarded by the amazing opportunity to get…. ”NAVIBIAN diamonds” Hattie was hyperventilating to promote.
I make mistakes In English as its not my native language, but at times hearing Labradorite being called “Labrodite” or the ever involving term of nacre describing pearls 😅😂 is somewhat jarring even to my ears.

It is s so funny to hear the word “nacre” pronounced as a noise a tractor makes 😅, someone send an internet dictionary link to help the confused presenters,
Actually, as long as the noise is kept low and she uses humorous language, I quite enjoy Hattie's shows. She has just recently begun her programme, but she has already incorporated two of her favourite phrases: spearpointing (indicating? ), and incremations (which literally refers to burning a dead body)

Actually, as long as the noise is kept low and she uses humorous language, I quite enjoy Hattie's shows. She has just recently begun her programme, but she has already incorporated two of her favourite phrases: spearpointing (indicating? ), and incremations (which literally refers to burning a dead body)
How weird .. this my comment above .. 🙄

Latest posts

Back