Somebody please buy Adina a dictionary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last edited:
Dave on with Adina: you're never going to guess what he's selling!

OK, yes you will. While Hattie's not around, Dave's channelling her spirit because he's having moment after moment. And every moment means something different because he's using the word instead of the more appropriate ones.

I am sick to death of his ****** clocks as well as the waffle and the neverending jade in gold tone. Though he has had some plain silver jewellery for a change. And some set with natural Burmese rubies as well as Dave's top tier jade. Which definitely still concerns me. Especially since nobody mentions the ongoing human rights issues in Myanmar at all.

It is truly gone beyond ludicrous!

Whatever spirit he was channelling 😂 for two hours to sell his neverending Jade, it appears to be lingering in Jadeporia studio still.
The schedule says “Royal Rocks” but Adina is still selling …JADE?
Yeah, not sure what happened there. Dave just buggered off before the jade onslaught finished. I suspect that it's becoming too much for even him to deal with.

But now we're on to the "coronation celebration" stuff. Which seems to be the same as Gemporia's usual stuff (pearls, amethyst, topaz and kyanite [sorry, "nilamani"]) all set in regal silver. Except for a nilamani Lorique platinum ring and a gold band ring with a Charles III hallmark that Chuckles probably hasn't agreed Gemporia can use 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Oh, and she's still using "captivate" instead of "capture". It's like listening to a non-English speaker after using Google translate to turn their statements from their language to Mandarin Chinese, then to Serbo-Croat before converting what garbled mess they've ended up with into something totally meaningless that sounds vaguely like English.

Oh, and she's still using "captivate" instead of "capture". It's like listening to a non-English speaker after using Google translate to turn their statements from their language to Mandarin Chinese, then to Serbo-Croat before converting what garbled mess they've ended up with into something totally meaningless that sounds vaguely like English.
Apart from Jeff I still think she is the best a very bad bunch.

Apart from Jeff I still think she is the best a very bad bunch.
Jeff is the only one that is watchable, along with Kate McCarthy, who is also less screechy and hard-sell than the others. I can tolerate Adina and Angeline, but the rest are an instant grab for the TV remote moment.

The other good presenters are 'behind the scenes' and rarely present now. Nick Davies is great. Kati Elliott is good. Poppy is informative and good. Steph is also fairly decent. I'd have all those as key presenters - and ditch four of the others too (starting with Jess Foley, Lindsey Carr, Hattie and then probably Lynn). I would have said Cheralene - but she's on maternity leave, thank god.

Jeff is the only one that is watchable, along with Kate McCarthy, who is also less screechy and hard-sell than the others. I can tolerate Adina and Angeline, but the rest are an instant grab for the TV remote moment.

The other good presenters are 'behind the scenes' and rarely present now. Nick Davies is great. Kati Elliott is good. Poppy is informative and good. Steph is also fairly decent. I'd have all those as key presenters - and ditch four of the others too (starting with Jess Foley, Lindsey Carr, Hattie and then probably Lynn). I would have said Cheralene - but she's on maternity leave, thank god.
Wasn't Steph made redundant?

Just now watching Adina and can’t bear it for long because of her continuous arm waving.That’s in between describing everything as ‘The Original’ and looking like she’s wet herself with glee each time the final price appears.The constant scratching and burping doesn’t help much either.

Just now watching Adina and can’t bear it for long because of her continuous arm waving.That’s in between describing everything as ‘The Original’ and looking like she’s wet herself with glee each time the final price appears.The constant scratching and burping doesn’t help much either.
Aaaah, Adina: a momentous cacophony of refined elegance. Gemporia management must be bursting with prideness each and every moment she's on screen 🤩

Aaaah, Adina: a momentous cacophony of refined elegance. Gemporia management must be bursting with prideness each and every moment she's on screen 🤩
Oh dear, I'm going against the grain. I actually like her she's fun doesn't take herself too seriously and only occasionally does does those long boring intros imo . To be honest she is the only one I watch now.

Oh dear, I'm going against the grain. I actually like her she's fun doesn't take herself too seriously and only occasionally does does those long boring intros imo . To be honest she is the only one I watch now.
I really like Adina. But she uses "genuinely the best I have ever seen" way too much.

Going against the grain, I really like Hattie, but she does need to realise a cheap £6 tie-dyed monstrosity is not a "moment"

Please do let me know any posts like this and I will check them out.
Hi Sazza, I just tried to reply to a post that Vapidstoat posted and when I click on the email, the post isn’t there?

I really like Adina. But she uses "genuinely the best I have ever seen" way too much.

Going against the grain, I really like Hattie, but she does need to realise a cheap £6 tie-dyed monstrosity is not a "moment"
I like Adina, I think she gets the giggles and has a laugh. She doesn’t droan on for ages and always looks like she enjoys being there. I like Hattie but in small doses as I do find her a little loud, but she is bubbly and gets confused sometimes, she is human. I also like her genuine happiness for Kati when they present visage together. She always looks so chuffed for her best friend.

Lindsey Carr said that something she was flogging on Gemporia was "luxurious" instead of "luxury". Of all the current crop of Gemporia presenters, I would never have guessed that Ms Carr would be the first to use that word! Her brain cell is really firing today!

But then Gemporia let us all down with their advert for their upcoming End of Summer Sale (starts Friday! Though at this point Gemporia is having sales because the cat farted, or him next door burnt his toast again). The advert ends with graphics saying "Whilst stocks last". Nice attempt to sound clever, but that's wrong: it should be "While stocks last". Their statement even sounds wrong if you say it out loud.

"While" denotes time, while "whilst" is used when comparing people or things. You might think that I am being picky, but this is supposedly a professional company who you can trust to buy high end jewellery from. 😏

I bet that you wouldn't get Tiffany's or Harry Winston using the wrong words. Or pushing heavily treated gems while behaving like they're natural, either.

Latest posts

Back