Sorry Joy but .............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know this is not going to sound terribly kind, but I AM being realistic when I say, "you are not doing us larger ladies any favours whatsoever with the way you are poured into Q fashion"

I have just seen Joy in white skin tight cropped pants that crinkled up around her knee, and a Kim & Co patterned top. She would have been pointed and gawped at, if she had walked down the street - sadly streetwalker comes to mind. Then it was fuschia pink pants which emphasised her large thighs, worn with an equally tight top. I am a 42DD bust which thankfully is more restrained, and doesn't look anything like as 'outstandingly' big as Joy's, but in all honesty if I looked like Joy in any of the clothes she models then I just wouldn't buy them.

This is not a personal attack on Joy, but an attack on the backroom stylists who send her out to face the cameras in clothes that are too small for her. The presenters seem to maintain she wears an XL (my ...rse) - in Kim & Co I have to wear a 3XL for the clothes to skim rather than cling to my body. Its useless to use Joy as an outsize model if they cant get clothes to fit her.

Totally agree...I watch how it looks on Joy and if it's tight or not flattering on her, I order a larger size or steer well clear of it!! Joy is totally stunning until the dressers get near her.

It's the mindset of those who want her to wear the clothes...forgetting that us larger women prefer to go to the looser, draping fit that doesn't show every bit of our body ...it's the ski....sorry slimmer women who prefer for the more tighter fit. Lets face it we all want to look great....

O h gosh you are both so right. I have just put the repeat on this morning and Joy is sausaged into a faux wrap dress which is apparently a size Large. She looks shocking in it. It was far too short for her as well as too small and made her look far bigger than if she was wearing a bigger size which would have skimmed her body. Why do the stylists do it? It certainly does nothing to help sell the outfits.

Poor Joy rarely look good in Kim&Co fashion, she looks like she is wearing at least two sizes too small for her. I should think the pay cheque must compensate for looking like a stuffed sausage live on tv. I know for sure that Joy couldn't sell me anything in the Kim&Co fashion line. Lovely lady but for gawd sakes put her in clothes that fit...

I just couldn't understand why they were putting Joy in a large. I am a good size 14 and wear a large in Kim's dresses and medium in her tops. I would think that everything would have looked so much better on Joy if she wore 2XL. I really do not understand why they insist on having her wear clothes which are clearly too small??????

Poor Joy - but the pay must compensate for the look? No way is Joy a Large. Lovely looking lady, and she seems to be a nice lady without airs and graces, but a size L? No way. And whoever thinks that strapping looks right and natural is kidding themselves.

I always buy one or two sizes bigger in Kim's clothes, so they skim rather than fitting snugly because they are pretty unforgiving. If they're encouraging us to think we can buy a size smaller (or 2 sizes, judging by the look they foisted on Joy) then that is plain stupid. Most people will just return it if it's not right. I know I returned my first Kim top because I just don't like clothes that cling. I never have done, even when I was a skinny teenager.

Very few women over a size 14/16 can wear clingy clothes, and they are generally very tall. Sadly the last couple of decades have seen the rise of obesity, and with it more and more younger women who have wanted to look like their skinnier sisters by wearing fashion that shows every lumpy spare tyre. Going up a size or two is not in their vocabulary - OR the garment cannot be bought in a higher size, so they squeeze into whats available.

'Pride in Appearance' has long since been cast into the dustbin, when you see overweight girls with heavy legs in short dresses and skirts and in the highest heels possible. Little wonder then when Kim and the presenters exclaim that "Joy looks amazing in a size L (or XL)".

I saw a bit of this. The stylists, and I use the term loosely, should know better. They try to show one outfit looks good on you whether skinny or curvaceous, and as we all know that is often not the case. But then these people send out the models in bootleg trousers and stilettos so the hem flaps above the ankle........

Why do the stylists always make Joys chest look like a book shelf? It's like a horizontal wedge of wood stuck under her chin. Not a good look, she's very pretty they shouldn't do it ,it makes whatever she is wearing look awful, and she just looks uncomfortable and awkward, poor lady. She deserves better and so do the larger sized customers like myself and the other ladies here who have commentedabove.

Last edited:
And WHY do the models have to wear sky high heels with everything ? Its a personal choice but I NEVER wear heels with jeans or trousers - a ballet shoe does it for me every time, much more Audrey Hepburn.

Also, according to all the fash mags, heels are slowly falling out of favour for flatties of all description- so will Q's models follow suit on wonders ???

And WHY do the models have to wear sky high heels with everything ? Its a personal choice but I NEVER wear heels with jeans or trousers - a ballet shoe does it for me every time, much more Audrey Hepburn.

Also, according to all the fash mags, heels are slowly falling out of favour for flatties of all description- so will Q's models follow suit on wonders ???
Good point, Brissles maybe we will be spared the sound of them clumping down the studio 'catwalk' they may look very elegant but the heels sound like a herd of hippos are charging through the telly screen.
Sometimes the taller models wear trousers that are too sort with the high heels and look a bit naff as a result.im surprised the designers haven't complained, can't see Missy-kim&co-Mendelshon not commenting on this type of fashion faux pas.

At least QVC does cater for the larger lady; I'm a UK size 2-4, and couldn't wear a thing sold on the Q. I'm sure I'm not the only below average sized lady watching, who would like to have the opportunity to buy fashion from the Q, but whenever I've put it to them, the demand for it isn't there! I think, personally, it says more about the financial state of QVC fashion sales, a case of 'good money after bad.'

Like many retailers Q are complacent about their customer base and fooling themselves about our'loyalty' to them. I can't wear anything they sell as I am very tall and they don't cater for a trouser in a longer than 31" inside leg. To be honest I'm not convinced by the Q concept of fashion having caught by accident, a Quacker Factory show, Lord have mercy do the Americans really go for that and the terrible stiff and scratchy looking Nina Leonard tat? The M by MarkBauer stuff looks interesting tho.

There are so many naff looks that I'm surprised the powers that be allow onto the QVC catwalk. Tight-fitting clothes that do the opposite of flatter, stiletto heels when so many of us don't wear heels (I fell over and broke my ankle in heels so they're a no-no for me but I'm tall anyway), weird colour combinations that are probably supposed to introduce us to new ideas but are in fact a turn-off, far too much bling, models wearing trousers that end at the ankle - the list goes on. I can't remember when I last bought clothes from QVC though it might have been a Kim and Co TSV in summer. There seem to be a lot of special occasion clothes, things that you'd wear for an important meeting at work, an interview, wedding, christening. I don't need any more of these, just a change of everyday clothes to freshen my wardrobe, but I don't see much in this line, so keep up the good work, GOHS.

I have an idea that Joy wants to wear very tight clothes. I saw a programme on her and her daughter. Her daughter said that her mother loved the attention and wore very tight clothes because she was proud of her figure. Daughter also said that Joy wore clothes that were very young.
I think she may be a strong lady and the stylists may have to put up with her demanding tight clothes.

Kudos to Joy - love her, however I have to admit Kim's range has become very cheap I call 'China wholesale'
What didn't help was most models whilst wearing the most unflattering bright opal fruit (starburst) coloured leggings (gosh even Naomi Campbell couldn't carry those off) were wearing nude tights underneath - probably shaper tights to prevent lumpy cottage cheese outburst which kims leggings always highlight, with patent nude heels (Again very cheap and plastic)

Kim's fashions have, I feel, had its day, its moment and its time. Fair do's, shes had a huge bite of the fashion cherry though. If wanted to dress like a 1980s stretchy sofa slip-cover, I will head to Kim & Co.

Kim & Co former model, now in her retirement ;oP

floral-sofa-furniture-slipcover-idea.jpg

Last edited:
I thought that on Diane Gilman jeans. On the website the models wear ****** heels with jeans. I only do that for appropriate dress-down events. The rest of the time, jeans go with flip flops, Uggs/emu's, ballet-flats or trainers.

I have an idea that Joy wants to wear very tight clothes. I saw a programme on her and her daughter. Her daughter said that her mother loved the attention and wore very tight clothes because she was proud of her figure. Daughter also said that Joy wore clothes that were very young.
I think she may be a strong lady and the stylists may have to put up with her demanding tight clothes.

ILS, which programme was that? I'd be very surprised if any retailer allowed a model to call the shots but if it is true, then she needs to be told to tone it down a notch. She's not doing herself any favours.

Maybe they should "accidentally on purpose" only have a bigger size for Joy to wear. I think the designers should say they don't want Joy representing their clothes if she refuses to show them to their best advantage. If in fact that is true about her being so demanding.

Latest posts

Back