Sorry Joy but .............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's in 2xl again today, and looking the better for it. Also black hair (wig), which also looks good.
Good for her, the stylists and Lenny - whoever is responsible.

My neighbours daughter just came in whilst we were commenting on Joy wearing the sage green TSV. She draws portraits for a living and suggests that part of the issue is that Joy has a very short neck and her chesticles seem to start from directly under her chin. The absence of a defined waistline adds to the drum shape mentioned above. I think Joy looks best in wide long trousers and long flowing tunic tops with a v neckline. I wonder why she doesn't do the jewellery hours like some of the other models. I MVHO She has a very pretty face and is much more attractive than Sharon who has a more traditional fashion model figure but is just a bit too much when it comes to the dance-moves when showing the clothes, that said she is very graceful but a bit distracting.

Wornoutcreditcard, I totally agree with you.

She has amazing skin, and when she gets the chance to speak, I always think she comes across very well.

Joy does all the swishing too, and its ****** annoying - especially when a......ing around with the edges of a cardigan, like flapping wings ready to take off !

Sharon irritates me. I can't stand it when she does her mock-ballet moves. Joy doesn't irritate me.

Joy did come over as very shallow and self-obsessed- but remember there is very careful agenda-led editing going on. We were all impressed with Joy's daughter who is a credit to her mum. Joy has parented her and must have done something right. Many teenagers are embarassed by their parents. I think Joy should wear a bigger size but she can still show a bit of cleavage if she wants without looking like a sausage! Although not my own personal taste I think she should where what she likes I saw nothing on that show that a larger dress size would not fix.

ahh I like what you said. very astute. I live very near joy. she has a big house in a very expensive part of London. her children are very very well educated and very smart. she has a son who is lovely. joy does not dress like she does on qvc the clothes look awful on her. she also does not dress like that awful programme. she also looks much smaller in real life as she is tall and not that big.

this is a classic case of seeing something on tv both qvc and that fake show and not taking into account the reality. tv can be quite harsh on people. its like when people see some of the presenters in real life they look two sizes smaller and a lot prettier.

I remember when the sbc presenter first came on qvc and she has some moles o her face it was not thought a good thing that she sell beauty products. in real life she is far prettier. the tv does not always show folks at their best

ahh I like what you said. very astute. I live very near joy. she has a big house in a very expensive part of London. her children are very very well educated and very smart. she has a son who is lovely. joy does not dress like she does on qvc the clothes look awful on her. she also does not dress like that awful programme. she also looks much smaller in real life as she is tall and not that big.

this is a classic case of seeing something on tv both qvc and that fake show and not taking into account the reality. tv can be quite harsh on people. its like when people see some of the presenters in real life they look two sizes smaller and a lot prettier.

I remember when the sbc presenter first came on qvc and she has some moles o her face it was not thought a good thing that she sell beauty products. in real life she is far prettier. the tv does not always show folks at their best

Perhaps I should have pushed my 'assets' more.. (sigh!)

I saw another post recently that said something similar. It completely flummoxed me.

What has prettiness got to do with selling beauty products?

I think if a guest presenter is selling skincare, they need to have good skin to sell successfully, and a hair care guest presenter should have great hair.

But prettiness is about eye shape, bone structure and genetics, etc as well as skin. How unfair for a viewer to snipe at a presenter for having a big nose, moles, or frizzy hair when the product they are selling is unrelated to any of those features. Makes me angry at the petty injustice of it!

P.S. Boffy, this comment is not aimed at you, but rather at the other people's comment you relayed.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I like to see what their skin looks like with whatever they're selling. Or rather, I used to. Don't buy QVC beauty products any more.

Latest posts

Back