Sorry Joy but .............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I have sort of turned Joy into a form of inspiration. I have slowly gained weight over the last few years and although I wanted to do something about it I was never in the right mind to do it. Then a year or so ago I saw Joy for the first time and they said that she was wearing a 2XL (my size). My first thought was "Oh god, do I look like that?".

When a tall slim model is modelling something it is easy to think that you might look the same in something, especially if you are the same height, but Joy brought me back to earth showing me how I really looked. So the more Joy is on, the more I am inspired to lose weight. I have since lost 2 stone and swing between a L and XL. Its just the pointed nails that freak me out, but I hear that this is a fashion trend at the moment.

Oh, well done holmca! And it sounds like you are doing it sensibly, and slowly. I have reached the grand old (crinkly) age where any weight loss leads to sagging, wrinkles and deflation, so the slower I lose it, the less I look like a flat tyre.

Congratulations.

Thank you Crinkly thats very kind, I am doing it slowly. I bought myself a very accurate set of scales and weigh myself on a Wednesday and Sunday. As long as it shows something - even 100g I am happy, although it seems to be about 1-2 kg a month. If I have a binge day then so be it, I just have a better day the day after. I don't believe in quick weight lost or faddy food. I eat porridge in the morning, a normal lunch and crackers and cream cheese and fruit in the evening. The key was the porridge as I get up early, have breakfast early and always previously I was hungry by 10.45ish. I now weigh less than I did in 1991.

I have to agree about the nails - they are so big, but then everything about Joy is................... rather on the larger size of medium !!!!!

Well I have sort of turned Joy into a form of inspiration. I have slowly gained weight over the last few years and although I wanted to do something about it I was never in the right mind to do it. Then a year or so ago I saw Joy for the first time and they said that she was wearing a 2XL (my size). My first thought was "Oh god, do I look like that?".

When a tall slim model is modelling something it is easy to think that you might look the same in something, especially if you are the same height, but Joy brought me back to earth showing me how I really looked. So the more Joy is on, the more I am inspired to lose weight. I have since lost 2 stone and swing between a L and XL. Its just the pointed nails that freak me out, but I hear that this is a fashion trend at the moment.

Well done Holmca on losing weight :clapping:, I hate her nails , if that's trendy them, then id rather not be :mysmilie_59:

Joy was wearing a top on the Attitude by Renee and the pattern was very badly placed for her shape her chesticles looked even bigger than usual. If I say she looked like a Lambeg drum other NI folk will know what I mean

'Chesticles' Love that!!!
Actually the long hair 'unit' made Joy look a little younger. Bless her.
Hope she continues to model for QVC - I wish her health & happiness

If that were you would you ask to be given clothes that fit or do you think in her `real life` she dresses in those sizes ? The `stylists ` must think she looks ok as well as the `designers` of what she gets to model ..as for the nails I think they look awful fashion or not!! I haven`t seen anyone else sporting that style anywhere !!

If that were you would you ask to be given clothes that fit or do you think in her `real life` she dresses in those sizes ? The `stylists ` must think she looks ok as well as the `designers` of what she gets to model ..as for the nails I think they look awful fashion or not!! I haven`t seen anyone else sporting that style anywhere !!

Managed to see the video and she likes it seems tight clothes ...but her bust doesn`t look as big on the video as they always look on QVC ...the stylists on the video had no idea either!!

Joy was wearing a top on the Attitude by Renee and the pattern was very badly placed for her shape her chesticles looked even bigger than usual. If I say she looked like a Lambeg drum other NI folk will know what I mean

I didn't know what it was so I had to Google it, and I understand exactly what you mean! Very funny!

Just watched Joy on the Nina Leonard hour and I have to report back. Joy was in a 2XL!!!! So someone out there read this column! It fitted over the "chesticles" (love the word) but made her hips look enormous by comparison. so she looked every bit of a 2XL. Still, anything's better than skin-tight on her shape.

I wear a 2xl in his clothing range, but thank God I don't resemble Joy in any shape or form - if I thought I looked like her in any of the clothes she models, I wouldn't buy them.

Even loopy Lennie from Nina Leonard commented on the size of the garment Joy was wearing .it was the OTO gold sparkle sweater. He said hat she was wearing a size XL and he would be preferred her in a 2XL. ( first sensible thing I've heard him say). She didn't let it put her off even though he was right she still kept her smile in place and got on with the job. Those darn "stylists"need sacking they haven't got a clue!

She obviously likes her look because she flaunts it well and truly, but the attention is drawn to the chesticles* rather than to the clothes so you never get a good idea of how the clothes will look, except on Joy's chesticles. If I was QVC I'd insist she wears a minimizing bra. (PS before someone comments - I've got no need to be jealous, I'd just prefer her to look more of a standard shape.)

*my word of the year

She obviously likes her look because she flaunts it well and truly, but the attention is drawn to the chesticles* rather than to the clothes so you never get a good idea of how the clothes will look, except on Joy's chesticles. If I was QVC I'd insist she wears a minimizing bra. (PS before someone comments - I've got no need to be jealous, I'd just prefer her to look more of a standard shape.)

*my word of the year

In our house we think joy is like one of those figureheads on old boats - her chesticles sail across the room of their own accord..

Latest posts

Back