Sort it QVC!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ryan

Registered Shopper
I'm sure there are mostly women on this forum who couldn't care less about Home Electronics ,PC Needs,and innovative gadgets.To you, this post will mean nothing but to those of you who have bought these sort of things from QVC ,and that includes me,you must be dissapointed at QVCs obvious decision to cut back the air time they dedicate to these products.When they actually do feature these items,they have the same old things all the time.
For god sake there was just a big electronics show in Vegas and there are new and innovative products out there or soon to be out there and QVC stick with same old ,same old.They 've had nothing new or exciting in this category in I don't know how long and what they do eventually shocase,well it's all pretty predictable stuff.
There are no electronic shows of any sort scheduled for the coming week at all ,and this weekend (19th -21st Feb 2010) there was also nothing at all.MAybe to make way for that Canadian or American woman ( whatever the hell she is) who drones on like a robot.
OH ,I see they've stuck on one or two Home Electronic shows in the wee small hours of the morning. Taped shows of stuff that they didn't shift the first time around no doubt.
Anyway,what they choose to feature on their channel is down to them but they are alienating a particular audience.Obviously they aren't particularly worried about this and thats too bad.

I agree - the gadgets and electronics hours used to be entertaining and I learned a few things!

they hit rock bottom this morning, I caught about 10 minutes of the DIY show where there were 2 women discussing accessories for some multi tool and it was obvious neither had a clue...

Have to agree I love the electronics shows and anything digital, I always used to learn bits and bobs, but lately its just same old things

I also love, and have purchased, gadgets and gizmos from QVC.

and they appear to have lost LJ Rich to the beeb at least I could understand her most of thetime:mysmilie_348:

That and it tends to be a seasonal item for large electronic items. I think people are less inclined to buy electronics after Christmas/first quarter though that is not what QVC is for. However, they still do the analysis so probably decide that patience will be bigger profits.

Guaranteed, six weeks before the world cup we'll start getting large screen tv as the TSV's. SCW is right though but and turning the OP's point against him: if you have innovative gadgets people are less inclined to buy them because they may end up as a novelty e.g. a waste of money. It is the bread and butter items that the majority of people want at a good price, something they comfortably know.

Unfortunately, referring to CES the demonstration models don't translate into production for a couple of months so the second quarter of the year we'll start seeing more things appear. I'm expecting a flurry of PC Tablets appearing as TSV's.

I love techie, my mother has zero interest but even she said qvc is a yawn fest with an endless supply of various tvs,archos items, hp netbook and a few other reliables on rotation. I liked the powermat when they had that demo, but amazon had it cheaper and the other travel model which was cool.
Lots of chix like technology, and pink does not influence my selection :D

I agree! More technology and electrical gadgets and gizmos please QVC! I'm bored stiff with the same old tat and hardly watch at all now.

It's not just electronics, it seems to be across every dept at the moment, even when there are shows on it's the same old stuff.

It always surprises me how many camcorders qvc have on. It appears they will not rest until every home has 3

I used to like Tim doing his 'small office to home office'.He went off to get a degree,wonder what he's doing now?

I agree - the gadgets and electronics hours used to be entertaining and I learned a few things!

they hit rock bottom this morning, I caught about 10 minutes of the DIY show where there were 2 women discussing accessories for some multi tool and it was obvious neither had a clue...

there used to be a grey haired man who i learnt quite a bit from [ heaven help me deanos had i not learnt SOMETHING ].......cant remember really but tim springs to mind.........back in the days of the old timer with DIY...

I used to like Tim doing his 'small office to home office'.He went off to get a degree,wonder what he's doing now?

sorry suzi i was replying to another post....thats the guy........i liked him

Yes, things haven't been the same since Tim Goodwin left. I loved his 'Small Offce Home Office' hours. I wonder where he is now? Anthony isn't too bad on the techy front. I think he attends some of the shows in America.

Its turned into a channel mostly for women. Just had a fashion week-end and lo and behold it full day of Ladies stuff again today. Even my Wife is sick off it now.

I love techie, my mother has zero interest but even she said qvc is a yawn fest with an endless supply of various tvs,archos items, hp netbook and a few other reliables on rotation. I liked the powermat when they had that demo, but amazon had it cheaper and the other travel model which was cool.
Lots of chix like technology, and pink does not influence my selection :D

"Pink does not influence my selection".LOL!! I love that.One of the funniest lines I';ve heard in a long time.
I didn't mean to be sexist.I'm just gauging things by most of the women that I know.One or two have a passing interest in techie stuff but not many.
Then I come on here and see all these replies by women. Good stuff!!

there used to be a grey haired man who i learnt quite a bit from [ heaven help me deanos had i not learnt SOMETHING ].......cant remember really but tim springs to mind.........back in the days of the old timer with DIY...

"there used to be a grey haired man ......"

Not Santa was it?

QVC can't compete against the likes of eBuyer, dabs, Richer Sounds etc. So although people watch, they usually buy somewhere else for a better price.

They can buy 'ladies things' at much better prices than most other outlets. Beauty especially has no dominant players to rival QVC in terms of sheer volume.

I can't see this changing any time soon Ryan.

Latest posts

Back