Sort "your hair" Jilly !!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blue star

Registered Shopper
i was watching jilly halliday presenting , whats going on with her hair it looks mega over conditioned and greased to her head, while she has very long locks that look great when your a school girl that lengh is just to long to be flattering at her age its time for a cut and restyle that hair is doing nothing for her time for a change .

I'm not paricularly keen on hair that long on older ladies but not sure what she could do. It seems so fine and thin and poker straight that she seems unable to get any "body" into it. She was on the BM show the other night and I thought her face looked a lot older recently the last few times I'd seen her. Nothing wrong with that I may add, it happens to us all.

i think she has such a beautiful face she can carry it off. might look nice a little shorter with some layers but if it's thin and fine, she'd need a can of mousse to make them show.

It's her security blanket and she obviously is happy with her hair long, that's the important thing. I'd say cut Jill Franks fringe but yet again, I think it's her security blanket and it makes her happy...irritates the bejeezus out of me, though.

Her hair would probably look better a bit shorter.She has a lovely face so she could probably carry off most styles

With long hair, you have options of wearing it up, curly, straight, down, to the side and half-up/down, but she doesn't vary it much. Hairpieces, also to add variety. Gosh, if I was on telly, I would! I love the TwistedRopeStyle that DrQuinn wore. Did my hair that way today, and if Ol'Snarly can do it, Jilly can!

Jilly's hair has been a topic for discussion on here for years. I think she looks quite matronly now - the hair, black slacks and pumps are as much a feature as her catchphrase - 'selling very, very quickly indeed'.

I cannot see her ever changing. She is just too set in her ways. The glamour of her former career - gyrating in the background on Top of the Pops - must be but a distant memory (wonder if she ever came across Jimmy Saville?).

I think she could get some inches off, but still have the long hair look she likes - it would release some of the weight from her hair and get it to spring up more on her head, but could still be straight and long, just not super long. She really should try this.

My hair is poker straight, fine but lots of it. Hairdressers always want to layer my hair and I've given in on occasion and my hair just disappears. Fortunately it grows very quickly and I've just recently had it all lopped to the same length. I've had it short but it needs daily product application and then I just look mumsy, having a round face longer hair make it look more oval and I find it very gratifying (if a little shallow) that my dreadful sister-out-law in insanely jealous of my hair. Result!

Jilly's found her superb look and I'm not convinced layers would suit her any more than they do me.

Jude xx

..........and I find it very gratifying (if a little shallow) that my dreadful sister-out-law in insanely jealous of my hair. Result!

Jude xx

If you like, I can let you have a mother-in-law to match......

Sorry got the full set of outlaws: Father-out-law (Les Battersby), Mother & Sister-out-law (joined at the hip) (Vera Duckworth & Dawn Bibby-but-with-more-hypochondria). Roll on Christmas, I can't wait!

Jude xx

LOL. It's not the whole of Mr Akimbo's family though, we're going to visit his Aunt & Uncle early december and I'm really looking forward to seeing them; they're funy welcoming and it'll be a relaxing couple of days so there's no accounting for it.

Nowt as queer as folk!

Jude xx

For some strange reason her hair makes me grind my teeth. I so want to pull it and snip it all off (Rapunzel witch style)

For some strange reason her hair makes me grind my teeth. I so want to pull it and snip it all off (Rapunzel witch style)

Claire Sutton's hair has the same effect on me..I'd love to chop it off and tell her to get a grown up womans' hair do!:thinking:

After snipping off the stupid hair, I might pierce her ears for her too, while Im about it. No, in all seriousness, how many more years do we think Jilly will go with the same long schoolgirl hair. I know my she only works part time, the rest she must be waiting for her hair to dry after washing it.

Sorry got the full set of outlaws: Father-out-law (Les Battersby), Mother & Sister-out-law (joined at the hip) (Vera Duckworth & Dawn Bibby-but-with-more-hypochondria). Roll on Christmas, I can't wait!

Jude xx

Lol.... thought for a minute there I was the only one

Latest posts

Back