Spanks you layer?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Sorry in advance but...............

Did anyone watch any of the Spanx show this evening, I flicked as they were showing an AMAAAZING bright pink pair of Bridget Jones 'Skinny Britches Shorts' that you can layer??? Even the blurb online says 'layer the shorts for flattering shape that will leave you feeling transformed'. Yep the guest presenter actually said you could wear 3 pairs of them?? Why???? Why would you want to wear three pairs of pants? Unless maybe you're a tad bit incontinent, but then wouldn't tena lady be cheaper??! Holy Moly! I can just imagine the doctors surgeries being crammed full of new cases of thrush! :whew:

Good grief - I have to be cut out of mine by the end of the night, and that's just one pair. Imagine getting knocked over by a bus (surely the only RTA directly associated with knickers) and coming round in A&E to fine the nurses sniggering and using a huge pair of surgical shears to get you out of your layers of Spanx knickers. This has got to be the craziest attempt to sell us multiples of something I've ever heard.

Reminds me of being a teenager in the 80s and wearing a bra, underwired body (the ones with the crotch snaps you could never do up after three drinks) and another body as a top, all at once. No idea why I thought it was a great idea, bit imagine the sensation is very similar to 'layering' your Spanx!!! Avoid if claustrophobic (but great if you need a full-body chastity belt ).

Reminds me of being a teenager in the 80s and wearing a bra, underwired body (the ones with the crotch snaps you could never do up after three drinks) and another body as a top, all at once. No idea why I thought it was a great idea, bit imagine the sensation is very similar to 'layering' your Spanx!!! Avoid if claustrophobic (but great if you need a full-body chastity belt ).

Oh my gosh, you've just reminded me of an event in the 80's that I'd long since buried!! Will probably need therapy (again) now, but maybe it will help to talk about it!!! OK for those of us of a certain age that wore those all in one body things in the 80's, I remember a time at a rather posh party where I'd had a few too many to drink and needed a wee, managed to do that bit OK (am I really saying this??) and was proceeding to try to button the darn thing back up again (3 poppers in the crotch, who invented that???), when someone opened the loo door! In my drunken state I hadn't locked the door and they were greeted with the sight of me bent over fiddling..... with the poppers (you smutty minded lot), but I dread to think what they thought I was doing!!

This is the time when one of you says... yes I remember a time when I walked into someone doing that.......... I will just have to simply die of embarrassment!! :blush:

I'm speechless. I suppose the second and third pairs would slide on fairly easily, but the wearer would walk like Frankenstein's monster and need to be medically resuscitated within ten minutes. Can you imagine being desperate for a pee, and having to get out of your three sets of Spanx plus your Ronni Nicole jumpsuit?

I'm speechless. I suppose the second and third pairs would slide on fairly easily, but the wearer would walk like Frankenstein's monster and need to be medically resuscitated within ten minutes. Can you imagine being desperate for a pee, and having to get out of your three sets of Spanx plus your Ronni Nicole jumpsuit?

You'd have to stash a Lock 'n' Lock in your knickers just in case you didn't emerge from your Lycra cocoon in time.

RE those bloomin' poppers, my 80s bathroom shame was ricocheting off the cubicle walls and door as I tried to do them up in a drunken stupor. Maybe Kipling could reinvent the body using velcro and a trigger clip!

You'd have to stash a Lock 'n' Lock in your knickers just in case you didn't emerge from your Lycra cocoon in time.

RE those bloomin' poppers, my 80s bathroom shame was ricocheting off the cubicle walls and door as I tried to do them up in a drunken stupor. Maybe Kipling could reinvent the body using velcro and a trigger clip!

Phew, nice to know it wasn't just me then!! Of course, once you actually had them done up, then the task was to get them to actually stay done up, rather than ping up at great speed when you sit down and hit you in the chin!! Nothing worse than being hit in the chin with a sweaty popper gussett!! Happen to you? :wonder: Nope? Just me then?? :sweat:

BTW this is all a joke!! It didn't actually happen to me!! :sweat:

I once saw the comedian Alan Davies doing a knicker-wettingly funny sketch (appropriate really) about a hen party, who, whilst under the influence, formed a line, undid their bodies, fastened themselves on to the body of the woman in front, and then proceeded to do the conga :giggle:

PS: Did you know the body is making a reappearance? Best friend and I nearly passed out when we saw them in the shops. Talk about a blast from the past :grin:

ooer missis! the mention of velcro made my eyes water (being as this seems to be the time for confessions!) - I once put one of those sticky backed sanitary pads on sticky side up...OUCH!!!:sweat:

Last edited:
I once saw the comedian Alan Davies doing a knicker-wettingly funny sketch (appropriate really) about a hen party, who, whilst under the influence, formed a line, undid their bodies, fastened themselves on to the body of the woman in front, and then proceeded to do the conga :giggle:

PS: Did you know the body is making a reappearance? Best friend and I nearly passed out when we saw them in the shops. Talk about a blast from the past :grin:

yep, I was gobsmacked when I saw some on sale too! In the 80s I was slim enough to wear one but now I'd look like the Michelin man!

I saw the Spanx show with the 3 pairs that you can layer..... the more you wear the greater the support. But if you wanted more support, wouldn't you just wear a single pair that had more built in support?? Quite bizarre I thought.

No???? No??? Really??? With poppers???? I can feel a hyperventilation coming on.....

Latest posts

Back