Speakmans......again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hippygirl

Registered Shopper
I keep seeing trailers saying they are back next week. Can’t believe this. The reviews were not good last time. Maybe trying to sell all the returns.

Maybe QVC thought the consistent one star reviews were a joke.......just like the Speakmans. Those pair of walking proverbs give me the hee bee jeebees (shudders!) Tell you what though, if I was her husband I'd be sleeping with one eye open.

I keep seeing trailers saying they are back next week. Can’t believe this. The reviews were not good last time. Maybe trying to sell all the returns.

Nope, I saw them being sold off in the outlet shop for £1.99! :mysmilie_19:

It's probably unfair of me to comment on this, but I've actually never seen them ion QVC mainly because it's not something that would interest me, so I've missed all of that. The only comment I can make, however, is that they do seem to have helped people with phobias, or was that not for real, I can't believe it was a fake thing because the times I watched on any day time tv that they were on, it seemed they genuinely helped people.

Odd someone should mention the wife, because I think those two are so alike facially, to me they look like brother and sister - anyone else noticed that?

I am sure one to one sessions helps many people. Reading a book will not have the same effect.

Paul McKenna(remember him TV hypnotist ?), who went from entertainment shows to then doing one to one sessions for phobias. He is now a multi-millionaire now lives in the US and fills stadiums doing the inspirational motivation speaking.

The Speakmans' come across as rather creepy let's start a cult thing.

I don't know how the Speakmans can get away with what they do, getting vulnerable people to part with money they mightn't be able to afford to part with, which is indeed an art in itself I mean look at QVC, they do it every single day, so if the Speakmans cared so much they'd "help" for free. There are way better self help books on line or in the library for free. Last time they were on I heard Mrs Speakman quote several phrases from other well known sayings/books, she should be done for copyright infringement. I hope anyone who's struggling right now can have a word with their GP, he/she will be able to recommend a good self help book that relates to the problem, or indeed the next step if needed. Sometimes people just need something to believe in and that's were the Speakmans take advantage.

Some people must be short of something to spend their money on because this pair are nothing short of a joke. It reminds me of an old Les Dawson sketch where he played a Doctor and Roy Barraclough played a middle aged woman going for advice and it descended into bedlam. Come to think of it, laughing at an old Les Dawson sketch would probably do you more good than listening to this pair of twonks !

Taken from Wilkepedia,....." The Speakmans use 'schema conditioning psychotherapy".......... well, that sounds a bit Tom Cruise Scientology to me.

It also says ......" Noted celebrity clients of the Speakmans have included Peter Andre, Kerry Katona, Kym Marsh, Liz McClarnon, Katie Price, Holly Willoughby and Jeremy Kyle " ...... well, a that lot are a real classy bunch !

And again ........."The Speakmans have diplomas in an unspecified subject from Newcastle University,[3] but are not accredited psychotherapists. " ....... well, I for one wouldn't give my hard earned to someone who has a diploma in what ? window cleaning/cake decorating to give me advice on how to live my life.

I would think the diplomas in an unspecified subject has got to be in Twaddle/Drivel...:wink:

It's probably unfair of me to comment on this, but I've actually never seen them ion QVC mainly because it's not something that would interest me, so I've missed all of that. The only comment I can make, however, is that they do seem to have helped people with phobias, or was that not for real, I can't believe it was a fake thing because the times I watched on any day time tv that they were on, it seemed they genuinely helped people.

Odd someone should mention the wife, because I think those two are so alike facially, to me they look like brother and sister - anyone else noticed that?

Well, to me she looks like a deflated balloon.

Eh? Their clients are Katie Price and Kerry Katona???? Well that worked then didn't it? Having spent money on the Paul McKenna nonsense which didn't help at all, I would say don't waste money on the Speakman's methods, talk to your doctor instead.

CC

Surely the only diplomas they have is in "stating the bl**ding obvious"?

There's also the one in stating the bl**ding ridiculous. Wasn't one of their keys about reality not being reality, or some such rubbish. Now I have no problem with people using self help books - why not if they provide you with answers, but this couple really take the biscuit, don't they?

Point number 10 always gets me though “There are no bad people in the world” Never in all my born days have I heard anything so flaming ridiculous. So child abusers aren’t bad people? Murderers aren’t bad people? The prisons must just be full of misunderstood good people then. Let’s hope none of these “good people” ever hurt them or theirs, I think they’d soon change their preachings quick enough.

Point number 10 always gets me though “There are no bad people in the world” Never in all my born days have I heard anything so flaming ridiculous. So child abusers aren’t bad people? Murderers aren’t bad people? The prisons must just be full of misunderstood good people then. Let’s hope none of these “good people” ever hurt them or theirs, I think they’d soon change their preachings quick enough.

I took that to mean average individuals who believe they must a bad person; that kind of conditioning that undermines their self-esteem. They're claiming they can help with phobias and mild psychological conditions rather serial killers. I'm not impressed by their work and maybe they are charlatans flogging verbal snake oil. They'll disappear soon in the same way Wayne Dyer and Paul McKenna did.

I didn't mean the serial killer but more the vulnerable person who will put that book down, or walk out of The Speakmans consulting room to find out they were right after all, there are bad people in the world, you only have to open a newspaper of turn on the telly to see that and for The Speakmans to make that comment in the first place well yes, definitely you're right, verbal snake oil (wait! that's not a note of sarcasm I detect there is it Akimbo?) :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back