Speechless!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Paul B

Registered Shopper
I saw a sliver of TJC yesterday. the presenter (I don't know their names) was selling 'Tanzanite' ring. His spiel was (not quoting) "Okay folks this fabulous ring isn't 24 karat gold, it's not 18 karat, it's the hardest wearing gold of all - 9 karat!"

I saw a sliver of TJC yesterday. the presenter (I don't know their names) was selling 'Tanzanite' ring. His spiel was (not quoting) "Okay folks this fabulous ring isn't 24 karat gold, it's not 18 karat, it's the hardest wearing gold of all - 9 karat!"
Maybe 9 K gold is more hard-wearing because it is not as soft as 14, 18, or 22 K gold.

Maybe 9 K gold is more hard-wearing because it is not as soft as 14, 18, or 22 K gold.
My original very wide wedding ring was 22ct gold and marked very easily as it is much softer than 9 ct. I've now got a 9ct white and yellow one set with diamonds.

What a ridiculous comment; Jewellery is never made using 24 carat gold because the pure alloy is too soft & wouldn't hold stones or keep its shape. The softest gold used in the UK is 22 carat - beautiful colour but doesn't stand up to knocks & tumbles. 9 carat gold is the hardest, which can mean it's brittle, it contains 9g. of the pure metal with other metals & alloys making up the full 24g. & the hallmark shows 375 because it's 37.5% pure.

9K Gold is usually the most durable form of Gold. 10k is American standard. 22K is not as durable for every day wear.

I saw a sliver of TJC yesterday. the presenter (I don't know their names) was selling 'Tanzanite' ring. His spiel was (not quoting) "Okay folks this fabulous ring isn't 24 karat gold, it's not 18 karat, it's the hardest wearing gold of all - 9 karat!
Correct, 24k is very soft.

(Sorry no idea how I quoted you twice)

I had an ingot of pure 24 ct gold.

I've sold it now as it was a liability to store, even in the safe.

Got back about 10 times what I'd paid for it :)

Latest posts

Back