Speechless!

Paul B

VIP Shopper
I saw a sliver of TJC yesterday. the presenter (I don't know their names) was selling 'Tanzanite' ring. His spiel was (not quoting) "Okay folks this fabulous ring isn't 24 karat gold, it's not 18 karat, it's the hardest wearing gold of all - 9 karat!"

Grizelda

VIP Shopper
I saw a sliver of TJC yesterday. the presenter (I don't know their names) was selling 'Tanzanite' ring. His spiel was (not quoting) "Okay folks this fabulous ring isn't 24 karat gold, it's not 18 karat, it's the hardest wearing gold of all - 9 karat!"
Maybe 9 K gold is more hard-wearing because it is not as soft as 14, 18, or 22 K gold.

Lemonpop

Maybe 9 K gold is more hard-wearing because it is not as soft as 14, 18, or 22 K gold.
My original very wide wedding ring was 22ct gold and marked very easily as it is much softer than 9 ct. I've now got a 9ct white and yellow one set with diamonds.

Twilight

VIP Shopper
What a ridiculous comment; Jewellery is never made using 24 carat gold because the pure alloy is too soft & wouldn't hold stones or keep its shape. The softest gold used in the UK is 22 carat - beautiful colour but doesn't stand up to knocks & tumbles. 9 carat gold is the hardest, which can mean it's brittle, it contains 9g. of the pure metal with other metals & alloys making up the full 24g. & the hallmark shows 375 because it's 37.5% pure.

Tabs

VIP Shopper
9K Gold is usually the most durable form of Gold. 10k is American standard. 22K is not as durable for every day wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixyG
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks