Speedy Delivery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NoMoreSpendsEva

Registered Shopper
I've just had QVC delivery lady at the door with the two piece Oil dispenser set I bought on the 13th. I hadn't expected it to arrive anytime soon given the weather etc in my neck of the woods. It puts my M & S delivery of shoes & dress to shame as I ordered those on the 11th which was due for delivery by 21st then changed to 24th due to adverse weather etc. Well done QVC:clapping:

That is very impressive, especially with the weather you have been having!

My Hermes courier is great too, she came out to me with deliveries when we had the horrendous snow last year - she only lives round the corner but still really appreciated her making the effort.

I haven't been on STF very much recently, just logged on to start a thread about how bizarrely quickly my deliveries are arriving and found this so thought I'd add my two penneth. For some inexplicable reason, since the bad weather hit my stuff has been arriving at record speed - this week three items have have arrived within 48 hours of the order being placed, one of which appeared a short while ago (9.30am on the one Sunday I get to parcel my son off to his grandmother's and attempt to have a lie-in, oh well :giggle:) The carrier hasn't made any difference it seems - two have been with a courier and one with Royal Mail, and second class at that! One was a TSV, so that may well have been ready at the door to go, but the others were random items bought from the Web that hadn't recently been on air. I know here in Lancashire we haven't had tons of snow, and we're not that far from Knowsley (relative to those of you in Thurso or Truro!) but still, I'm impressed. Strangely enough when delivery was 5-7 working days my parcels usually came in 3, when they reduced it to 3-5 it immediately lengthened to at least a week :taphead:

Sorry if I've incensed anyone waiting desperately for parcels to arrive - I gather from friends and family across the UK that many places haven't had any postal deliveries for nearly two weeks now :sad:

My Royal Mail postlady has been in at work at 5am most days to help with the backlog of post and has driven in the most appaling conditions. I always thought they worked their socks off at this time of year but this year, she has been such a star. I also saw the Tesco food shop deliveryman carrying the shopping baskets up the road when he couldn't get the van past the snowbank then others came out to help. It must be horrendous for those that drive for a living in these conditions.

It's nice to see a bit of understanding on here re delivering.
I know most couriers work their socks off trying to deliver where they can, but I've read so many nasty comments from people on other forums who are moaning about not getting their deliveries.
They seem to think that just because their road is OK, they should have their parcel.
They don't seem to appreciate that a parcel isn't just waiting around the corner to be delivered, it has a big journey from one company's warehouse, through the logistics of the delivery company to encounter first - and that could be anywhere in the country.

I ordered item that was despatched 16th and arrive this morning by courier never expected it till after xmas so VERY PLEASED QVC :clapping:

I have received all my orders really quickly apart from one which was dispatched on the 7th December by Royal Mail and finally arrived this morning ( a pair of grip to me ice grips--so I am sure that we will soon have a heatwave!!) Just waiting for one more which was sent by courier last Friday then thats my lot
I think that the couriers have done really well to get orders delivered during this dreadful weather

My courier delivered something yesterday. Another item, ordered at the same time, hasn't arrived yet so I suspect that Royal Mail will deliver that as it's a re-order and they brought it last time. I suppose the back up in Royal Mail offices is far greater because of the weather. All credit to our post lady though. She's arrived every day.

I've several items on the way from various places, but fortunately none are Christmas presents ...... they're for me, so I'm happy to wait until they eventually materialise and hopefully they will.

It must be so disappointing for people who are awaiting things to give as gifts though. For the first time ever, I did my shopping a few weeks ago (I usually leave it until the last minute because of work) and so thankfully I've missed the knock on effects of this delightful weather.

My courier delivered something yesterday. Another item, ordered at the same time, hasn't arrived yet so I suspect that Royal Mail will deliver that as it's a re-order and they brought it last time. I suppose the back up in Royal Mail offices is far greater because of the weather. All credit to our post lady though. She's arrived every day.

I've several items on the way from various places, but fortunately none are Christmas presents ...... they're for me, so I'm happy to wait until they eventually materialise and hopefully they will.

It must be so disappointing for people who are awaiting things to give as gifts though. For the first time ever, I did my shopping a few weeks ago (I usually leave it until the last minute because of work) and so thankfully I've missed the knock on effects of this delightful weather.

I had rung CS about my grip to me's and they said that it was items being delivered by RM that were being delayed the most. My last parcel arrived this afternoon by courier that took 4days as opposed to the 13 days RM took. Not really surprising I guess though after all they have so much more post to deliver at this time of the year and when you factor in the appalling weather we are having they are doing well to get anything through.
The courier told me it was taking him twice as long to get things to customers than it does normally and we havent had as much snow as some places but have had temperatures down to -15 at night time so everything is frozen solid

Roll on summer

I too had parcel delivered today which was posted on the 16th. The item that was despatched on the 5th has not arrived yet. That one is a very big box so I think it might be stuck somewhere in a parcel depot here (Eire). Hope to get that before Christmas, but very pleased my dress arrived today, although the weather is so bad I wont be going anywhere to wear it.

Latest posts

Back