Steve & Sarah back at Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Steve has just been on screen to announce he is back as CEO of compass of Monday. Sarah is heading up purchasing I think he said.

Basically they are restructuring after the last year has been particularly tough for the company.

I just heard that as well. So what happens to colon wagstaff,
oh no Dave trough back for another 50 min talk on jade, that was on this morning with Jess.
and the queen conch shell is so expensive I found a bracelet on eBay for £6.00 and cherry blossom morganite the same, all the bead bracelets can be found on eBay for a fiver or less but gems sell them for over a tenner. I’m going to miss the homewares side, and the night time viewings. Rosie going over to hobby maker I think.

It was good to see Steve but honestly he did not look very happy. All the changes at Gemporia very recently do not instil confidence. That said Steve is the founder of the company and where the loyal customer base was founded too. Unfortunately Jake and Dave especially do not have anything like the same charisma and there are far too many shouty hard sell presenters now.

It was good to see Steve but honestly he did not look very happy. All the changes at Gemporia very recently do not instil confidence. That said Steve is the founder of the company and where the loyal customer base was founded too. Unfortunately Jake and Dave especially do not have anything like the same charisma and there are far too many shouty hard sell presenters now.
How embarrassing-having to get Daddy back to sort the mess out 🤣🤣🤣

I hope he can sort it out!

Wish I'd seen it, I was on the school run, I would like to have seen Angry Steve, he's always super hyper normally

Yes we’re being bombsrded by jade and primel hours, how many time do we need to hear what a vitamin could do. I got hooked into vitamin C to help immune system, i have not been out for weeks due to my medical conditions and yes I got the latest cold & cough, so much for vit c. I just hope they go back to good jewellery and old fashion tv.
I think we’re going to have primel shows everyday. And I thought thry were stopping the 3 for 2 offers?.
such a mess at the moment, I feel for all the staff.

Kate is just talking about it now and saying that its back to the good old days.

Caught a bit of Dave Troth and Jess selling the jade, 2 minutes was enough.

I hope so after reading what he did to TJC with all the gold plated jewellery.
I'm intrigued - what was that about?

I was only saying to someone the other day that Gemporia hardly did plating years ago - now we're flooded with the stuff - and it all seems to have coincided with Colin joining the Company.

Interestingly, Dave Troth was scheduled to waffle about Amber this hour - but he's not on. Perhaps Steve has already started the changes - and the long lectures from Dave and Jake have been chopped? Fingers crossed!

I'm intrigued - what was that about?

I was only saying to someone the other day that Gemporia hardly did plating years ago - now we're flooded with the stuff - and it all seems to have coincided with Colin joining the Company.

Interestingly, Dave Troth was scheduled to waffle about Amber this hour - but he's not on. Perhaps Steve has already started the changes - and the long lectures from Dave and Jake have been chopped? Fingers crossed!
Dave was on during 3pm hour.
Toby did the amber during 5pm hour.

Ok, so I missed this. Did Steve actually come on air - and was he angry? I will be a very happy bunny if it is back to the old days. They have almost broken the company's reputation with hard sell and questionable practices. I wonder if it is too late to get some of the staff back?

That's a pity. I was hoping Dave and Colin had been shown the door
I would like to see the Cavill clan moved down. They had a massive presence in Rocks - and look what happened there. Toby is another hard sell merchant. There was a piece he said he had used "all his credits" to get the price down to lowest level. I had actually bought that piece two weeks previously for over £80 less than he was flogging it for. My trust in him went out the window at that point.
I was wondering last night if Steve would step in and "buy back" the company when it's value dropped. I am also wondering if there is a cash flow problem and Steve has negotiated a sweet deal to come back and save the day with his deeper pockets.

Ok, so I missed this. Did Steve actually come on air - and was he angry? I will be a very happy bunny if it is back to the old days. They have almost broken the company's reputation with hard sell and questionable practices. I wonder if it is too late to get some of the staff back?
If you go to the Gemporia live YouTube channel, you can rewind to the beginning of Kate's show and watch it there, he said he hasn't slept for 3 days working it all out. He didn't seem angry to me

Latest posts

Back