Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maz ask to change your consultant. I did. Had one not much better and asked to be changed again. It is not easy when you are at your lowest and that's why they bully you because they bet you just go away and cry and do nothing about it. Try and get another person that is more up to it to do the complaining for you. Huge hugs. I've been there.

CC

Oh no Mazza I’m so sorry, you need to report this, I know there’s lots going on in the world at the moment, but this affects your health, both mental and physical and needs sorting. As T says, have a cuppa, deep breath and hope you can try and relax ❤ xxx
Mazza, this a-hole is bullying you, and gaslighting you. What a piece of work!!!

You will not get better under his "care", that's plain to see. Most of not all of your recent setbacks have been due to his cavalier and aggressive approach.

You absolutely do need to be under a different doctor's care for your mental as well as physical wellbeing.

Doctors have an orifice to input food and an orifice to output waste, just the same as the rest of us. He seems to be trying to use just the one orifice for both purposes, more's the pity.

During normal times we can have someone with us to fight our corner, be another pair of ears & eyes, ask the questions that may not occur to us & generally be a support. At the moment everyone's on his or her own. At the start of national house arrest one of my husband's customers had a very difficult time & was turned away from A&E, as her husband said where do you go when that happens? Fortunately they returned to their gp & were 'rescued' from the receptionist by a nurse & doctor, it was only their intervention that saved this woman. Nobody has the right to treat someone the way this consultant is treating Mazza, he's a bully & I hate bullies.

It’s really difficult to stand up to these, usually male, God’s Gift lord of all they survey types. It’s not helped by your mobility problems and the C19 difficulties especially when you are feeling it is getting on top of you.

As others have suggested try to ask for a replacement by playing whatever minority card you have to in order to scare the bejesus out of them. There is always someone above them.

I do hear what you are saying but I am a bit of a coward when it comes to that Im afraid. I shall have to stick with him a bit longer. At least if I am getting positive feedback from the nurses and he refuses to budge I think I would have more grounds to ask for a second opinion. But I think I would have to do that via him wouldn't I?

When confronted by all the crap and disdain and the "I'm so superior to you" attitude, you must fight back and stand up and just tell them you're not doing it. Eventually, someone in the medical industry does listen and
I do hear what you are saying but I am a bit of a coward when it comes to that Im afraid. I shall have to stick with him a bit longer. At least if I am getting positive feedback from the nurses and he refuses to budge I think I would have more grounds to ask for a second opinion. But I think I would have to do that via him wouldn't I?
No!!!!! Just say now, thank you but no thanks can I have a second/third opinion. Do it now. Just say you don't think he's taking you seriously and you want another doctor. You can have one. I did.

CC

You’re not a coward, you’re normal, I get it, a lot of us are intimidated by people in authority like consultants and don’t challenge because we don’t want to put anyone out, we think because they’re looking after us we owe a debt of gratitude and don’t want to be known as a complainer, in case it affects our quality of care, it’s this and the fact we feel we can’t speak up that makes us even more angry at the situation, hope it’s all sorted for you very, very soon.

You’re not a coward, you’re normal, I get it, a lot of us are intimidated by people in authority like consultants and don’t challenge because we don’t want to put anyone out, we think because they’re looking after us we owe a debt of gratitude and don’t want to be known as a complainer, in case it affects our quality of care, it’s this and the fact we feel we can’t speak up that makes us even more angry at the situation, hope it’s all sorted for you very, very soon.
Magnificent Shopps, you hit that nail on the head, shame we can't do the same to The ******* Consultant. One of my favourite quotes is from Eleanor Roosevelt - 'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent' & I've lost count of the number of kids, including mine, I've told to remember those words when someone's putting them down.

Can I hijack this thread to bring attention to the amount of really dodgy hand sanitisers on sale out there?

I stumbled across the recalls on the American FDA for all products, not just sanitisers. The amount of sanitisers that have recently been added for being made from toxic ingredients is shocking. Methanol seems to be the main culprit.

Check your sanitisers and try not to buy from an unknown manufacturer. Interestingly, a lot of the brands seem to have "natural" type names like Herbacil, Born Basic, All Clean, Saniderm and Mystic Shield.

Also, I've not gone through the whole list yet but recently added is a Becca Light Shifter Brightening concealer. If anyone here has it I'll dig out the details to clarify the batch number.

Just dropping in to say thank you to @alter ego for the tip-off about Dew Products. I had hesitated to buy because I had quite enough cleaning stuff (if not as bad as my beauty stockpile), and also because I was trying not to feed my recent virus paranoia. Anyway, I have just read up a bit to understand what the product is and learn what the different varieties do (bit bewildering at first till you realise there are basically two solutions and the Disinfect is the main antibac one - I’m sure it’s been explained on here but there are 103 pages on here to trawl though!). I like the idea of it and the products’ ethical credentials so I’ve just placed a starter pack order. Exciting!

If anyone’s interested, I found a 10% off code. Put sisterpledge10 in the Promo Code box on the order or checkout page. No idea what “Sister Pledge” is but the code worked for me - only a few quid saving but a contribution towards the P&P perhaps?

While I’m here, sending love and strength to Mazza.

I've had my fill of this type of medical professional. It was bad enough working with them - they'd ring up a few days before a clinic and cancel to go golfing leaving the rest of the staff to re-arrange the clinic (at the expense of the NHS).

Some of them really do get too big for their boots!

Ask him to write everything down next time. He'll soon get fed up of doing this and pass you on to a junior. If you can find someone to go with you, all the better. I now actually tape the whole appointment on my phone in case I forget things. It's truly a shame I couldn't have put the recording of the young female gynae telling me older women only want HRT so they can look better for young men in the public domain. Name and shame!

An acquaintance of mine set up a website several years ago called iwantgreatcare.org (he's left now). If it's still going look him up and get your frustration off your chest in the form of a review. They do read them (secretly) as my old GP mentioned it to me. He was a bit surprised to know I knew the site owner but wanted nothing but good ratings from his patients as he was one of those rare and genuine doctors that have a need to do their best for the patient. The world needs more like him. I've missed him so much since he retired.

Good luck and take care.

Just dropping in to say thank you to @alter ego for the tip-off about Dew Products. I had hesitated to buy because I had quite enough cleaning stuff (if not as bad as my beauty stockpile), and also because I was trying not to feed my recent virus paranoia. Anyway, I have just read up a bit to understand what the product is and learn what the different varieties do (bit bewildering at first till you realise there are basically two solutions and the Disinfect is the main antibac one - I’m sure it’s been explained on here but there are 103 pages on here to trawl though!). I like the idea of it and the products’ ethical credentials so I’ve just placed a starter pack order. Exciting!

If anyone’s interested, I found a 10% off code. Put sisterpledge10 in the Promo Code box on the order or checkout page. No idea what “Sister Pledge” is but the code worked for me - only a few quid saving but a contribution towards the P&P perhaps?

While I’m here, sending love and strength to Mazza.

Brilliant! Thank you - I love a discount. I was about to order their 300ml mister as it's easier to use (dodgy hands) than the normal spray, but it's sold out (unless you buy it in a kit). They have a smaller size though so I may get one of those instead.

I do love my Dew (though I go through a lot more of the Disinfect than the Superclean - I LOVE that brief chlorine whiff I get on first spray).

Mazza, you definitely do not need to ask this idiot for a second opinion. Contact your GP. Tell your GP you need a second opinion.

If you go through with seeing Dr Obnoxious again, tell him you will need to record the consult as he had a different recollection of his advice to yours and you don't want that to happen again. If he has a problem with that you know, he can't really be putting your best interest first.

Remember that literally NOBODY cares as much about YOUR health and wellbeing as YOU. NOBODY is as invested as you, because it is YOUR life and YOUR body.

Sadly, you have to be as assertive as you can manage when you are confronted by health practitioners with an overwhelming God complex.

You can probably tell that a lot of us are hopping mad about the atrocious experience you are having, largely due to this idiot medic.

Shopps, you are bang on the money. The worry is complaining will impact the way you are treated so it will be even worse.
I have a telephone appointment with my GP on Tuesday and today I wrote out a list of topics and I plan to tell her I am extremely stressed because of this git and ask how to get a second opinion. Plus I must tell her about the antibiotics.
What I do when face to face with him will depend on how he is I think. If he just looks at it and we take a step forward, such as going fully weightbearing, fine. But if he is awful again I think I shall have to ask him if he would like to transfer me to another doctor as he seems to have no respect for me whatsoever. Obviously if he bangs on about surgery again I shall say I want to continue with the dressings regime provided by the district nurses for a while and thus have a second opinion. I would then try to go to Chelsea and Westminster.

Alter, Mr ******* isn't reviewed on that website.

Shopps, you are bang on the money. The worry is complaining will impact the way you are treated so it will be even worse.
I have a telephone appointment with my GP on Tuesday and today I wrote out a list of topics and I plan to tell her I am extremely stressed because of this git and ask how to get a second opinion. Plus I must tell her about the antibiotics.
What I do when face to face with him will depend on how he is I think. If he just looks at it and we take a step forward, such as going fully weightbearing, fine. But if he is awful again I think I shall have to ask him if he would like to transfer me to another doctor as he seems to have no respect for me whatsoever. Obviously if he bangs on about surgery again I shall say I want to continue with the dressings regime provided by the district nurses for a while and thus have a second opinion. I would then try to go to Chelsea and Westminster.

Could you contact the PALS service.

Morning - you sound more positive today. I have an image of all of us marching to the hospital with our placards shouting our support for you. It's defo time for him to be reviewed in very definite vocabulary.

It’s awful isn’t it when the likes of this consultant is obviously in it for the money rather than vocation as he wouldn’t know patient care and compassion if it slapped him in the face. I do know how you feel though, I got Rotator Cuff tear in my left shoulder because the nurse assistant at out GP surgery gave me my Flu injection too high in the arm, did I complain? did I report her? did I ‘eck. However I did let the GP know that the pain started after she gave me my injection so he could put two and two together himself. For some reason we tend to put up and shut up as it’s a deadly sin to report a member of the NHS which is daft as I was one for twenty years. Next time tell him how you’re feeling if you feel strong enough, or tell your GP if you can and ask for help, you shouldn’t be suffering alone. If I lived near you Mazza I’d come with you to support you. Hope this nightmare is over for you soon. ❤xx

Latest posts

Back