Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I’ve just been watching the Chase and one contestant is a surgeon- well talk about a dumb&&&& . If her intelligence is on a par with your BC then I not surprised to hear about the problems you have been having.

My wonderful old biology teacher once explained that some people soak up information like a sponge then repeat everything on their exam papers without thinking. She reckoned that a lot in top jobs are sponges but the best people are those who understand what they've read then reproduce as best they can by actually understanding and thinking things through, even if they don't get the best results. She told us to be wary of the people, particularly in medicine, who are unwilling to look at a problem in a different light as these people are the sponges and don't do well with independent thought.

I've been through and worked with many medical professionals, some I've loved and that are willing to work with their patients, some I've loathed who've treated me (and others) as idiots.

I have a fair guess which one the Chase surgeon and Mazza's ******* Consultant are.

Just had the district nurse's visit and he was pretty positive all things considered! I reckon its the antibiotics wot dunnit. But at least I dont have bad news for once. Perhaps I shall avoid all contact today so I cant receive any either. Oh thats a good idea.

Glad things are looking up and the antibiotics are working - they really are amazing things.

I get so ****** annoyed when people (like my sister) demand them for every little sniffle when they're meant for jobs like yours, Mazza.

Anyone else remember the days before them when a scratch could get infected and kill you? I don't but my mum did. She had a deformed hand after a small cut became infected. My grandfather probably saved her with his bread poultices. I still remember mum would shudder when remembering and talking about the terror of gangrene and blood-poisoning.

My wonderful old biology teacher once explained that some people soak up information like a sponge then repeat everything on their exam papers without thinking. She reckoned that a lot in top jobs are sponges but the best people are those who understand what they've read then reproduce as best they can by actually understanding and thinking things through, even if they don't get the best results. She told us to be wary of the people, particularly in medicine, who are unwilling to look at a problem in a different light as these people are the sponges and don't do well with independent thought.

I've been through and worked with many medical professionals, some I've loved and that are willing to work with their patients, some I've loathed who've treated me (and others) as idiots.

I have a fair guess which one the Chase surgeon and Mazza's ******* Consultant are.
That's a fabulous summary alter.

Glad things are looking up and the antibiotics are working - they really are amazing things.

I get so ****** annoyed when people (like my sister) demand them for every little sniffle when they're meant for jobs like yours, Mazza.

Anyone else remember the days before them when a scratch could get infected and kill you? I don't but my mum did. She had a deformed hand after a small cut became infected. My grandfather probably saved her with his bread poultices. I still remember mum would shudder when remembering and talking about the terror of gangrene and blood-poisoning.
My father was born in 1924. He had bad childhood asthma and his parents were continually worried that he would die in winter. He lived into his 90s.

I've been through and worked with many medical professionals, some I've loved and that are willing to work with their patients, some I've loathed who've treated me (and others) as idiots. I have a fair guess which one the Chase surgeon and Mazza's ******* Consultant are.
Ah, Alter, that's it. Those consultants talk to you like you are some dumb sh*t. Look down their nose at you like are something they stepped in. Talk to you a bit like Simon Biagi does in fact, like you are far too stupid to understand the likes of them. :mad::mad:

My mum worked for a surgeon that was a "Sir" and he was hated by all his team for being far too up his own backside. Others were lovely.

CC

It's a continuation of all the confusing messages from the government that say one thing and then say the exact opposite. I haven't taken advantage of the half price meals because there's nowhere open around here and driving 40 miles for a McDonalds? I'll pass 🍔🍟

CC
I just don't want to go anywhere. You have no idea how people are observing all the rules. An ex footballer near us has been having people round all the time and we have quite a few multiple age families that have been in and out of other houses all the time.

Ah, Alter, that's it. Those consultants talk to you like you are some dumb sh*t. Look down their nose at you like are something they stepped in. Talk to you a bit like Simon Biagi does in fact, like you are far too stupid to understand the likes of them. :mad::mad:

My mum worked for a surgeon that was a "Sir" and he was hated by all his team for being far too up his own backside. Others were lovely.

CC

I'm finding more and more people in the medical field talk down to people. In training, there was 'authority' taught to us briefly but having a nice manner with a bit of authority is a different kettle of fish to the snobby talk-down attitude that seems commonplace these days.

I'm finding more and more people in the medical field talk down to people. In training, there was 'authority' taught to us briefly but having a nice manner with a bit of authority is a different kettle of fish to the snobby talk-down attitude that seems commonplace these days.
Agreed. I had to have surgery and the consultant was fine but I also asked to meet the anaesthetist so I could see if I liked/trusted them. It was a woman who was so rude and aggressive as if to say "how dare you question my competence you pleb" It wasn't her competence I was wanting to discuss. Anyway I complained as I didn't want my life in her hands and an alternative was arranged. A truly lovely Chinese doctor visited my bedside, listened to my questions and allayed my fears. That was all I wanted and he got the job :) When people are ill and in hospital they are scared and just want to know what will happen and be told nicely.

CC

This is why I wouldn’t clap for NHS, they aren’t all angels. I explained why because like I’ve said before here that two years ago I got Gastroenteritis and oh my word, I thought my number was up. Husband rushed me to hospital at 2am after being violently sick and diarrhoea at the same time, I was disoriented and dehydrated and didn’t even know my own name. Got the hospital 2.30am and wasn’t seen till 9am were I was put on a drip, after two litres they let me go at midday, but at 6pm I was back in feeling worse, my heart was racing, so they gave me ECG (for the heart) and an X-ray, anyway long story short they put me in a room on my own and more drips, I just dozed off first time in 48 about 2.30am, when a doctor came in and slammed the bin lid down to make a loud noise to wake me up, I said I haven’t slept for two days, she barked well you just was, I said yes first time in two days, she discharged me telling me they need the bed (the ward I was in was empty as was waiting room except for one person) so at 3am when my husband had just left to get some sleep, I then had to ring him to come straight back and get me. He couldn’t believe after how ill I was they never kept me in till at least first thing, maybe a few hours more. So all in all not a very nice experience.

Shopper, you should have registered a complaint. That is shocking dereliction of duty.

They have a duty of care to their patients, and that's definitely not what you received!

I don't know how long you have to complain, but I would look into it, as you still may be within the time limit.

I just don't want to go anywhere. You have no idea how people are observing all the rules. An ex footballer near us has been having people round all the time and we have quite a few multiple age families that have been in and out of other houses all the time.
I'd never tell anyone how to live but if it makes just one person feel a little more confident I'll repeat what my daughter's best friend told us last night. I've written about her before, she's an A&E charge nurse with experience in ICU so has been involved on covid wards since March. It was back then that she told us to ignore the media & that their hospital, a major one in Birmingham, was busy but never overwhelmed. Obviously she doesn't know about those who have died outside of hospital but said that the vast majority of those she'd nursed had been men who were either considerably overweight & had heart issues or diabetes 1 that they hadn't 'respected'. She said that it had become increasingly clear that going out & about where contact with others is minimal - passing in the street, queuing in shops, even sitting the regulation distance away from others when eating out isn't an issue, being somewhere crowded or being relaxed with lots of people at home is. Masks are fairly pointless, except that they do stop people touching their mouths but it's definitely washing hands that is the most important barrier; the hospital asked staff to take part in swab tests of their phones & bags it apparently the results were horrendous & not just for this virus. I've known her since she was a child, she never makes a fuss just tells it as it is, when I said we'll be living with this virus for some time but could not let it take over our lives so need to get the safety/fun balance right she said those were her boss' words. Phew!

Shopper, you should have registered a complaint. That is shocking dereliction of duty.

They have a duty of care to their patients, and that's definitely not what you received!

I don't know how long you have to complain, but I would look into it, as you still may be within the time limit.

You’re right Ellie I should’ve done, to be honest it still makes me feel uncomfortable thinking about it, but thank you. ❤️ xxx

I'd never tell anyone how to live but if it makes just one person feel a little more confident I'll repeat what my daughter's best friend told us last night. I've written about her before, she's an A&E charge nurse with experience in ICU so has been involved on covid wards since March. It was back then that she told us to ignore the media & that their hospital, a major one in Birmingham, was busy but never overwhelmed. Obviously she doesn't know about those who have died outside of hospital but said that the vast majority of those she'd nursed had been men who were either considerably overweight & had heart issues or diabetes 1 that they hadn't 'respected'. She said that it had become increasingly clear that going out & about where contact with others is minimal - passing in the street, queuing in shops, even sitting the regulation distance away from others when eating out isn't an issue, being somewhere crowded or being relaxed with lots of people at home is. Masks are fairly pointless, except that they do stop people touching their mouths but it's definitely washing hands that is the most important barrier; the hospital asked staff to take part in swab tests of their phones & bags it apparently the results were horrendous & not just for this virus. I've known her since she was a child, she never makes a fuss just tells it as it is, when I said we'll be living with this virus for some time but could not let it take over our lives so need to get the safety/fun balance right she said those were her boss' words. Phew!
Twilight, your daughter has a great best friend, I think.
I try not to think about the yukky stuff on our personal belongings, just keep washing and sanitizing my hands.

'Twilight, your daughter has a great best friend, I think.
I try not to think about the yukky stuff on our personal belongings, just keep washing and sanitizing my hands'.

You're absolutely right, a lovely girl with an equally nice husband & little boy. People have always laughed at me for vacuuming my bags out every week & wiping the outside with anti bac wipes, as for those who put their bags on tables... The students loved infections lesson when they'd grow their bacteria in petri dishes & they'd ask me to have my hands & some of my belongings swabbed to see what I 'grew'. The staff told me I was too clean; hmm, in 20 years of being with kids I never had anything worse than a cold.

You’re right Ellie I should’ve done, to be honest it still makes me feel uncomfortable thinking about it, but thank you. ❤ xxx
You were so badly treated! What a cheek. Definitely would have been worth a letter to PALS but sometimes it is all too much isn't it?

Now for once, dear friends, I have some Positive News! Well slightly. I went to the Plastics Dressings clinic and saw the nurse followed by the consultant. (They both said of you didn't come in last week to which I replied I GOT A TEXT!!!!) Well what a contrast to ******* Consultant he was. I think I may have made it clear all round that I was less than enamoured with BC, had to bite my tongue in case I got too carried away. Anyway he said you aren't out of the woods yet but it is heading in the right direction and so long as it doesn't suddenly all go downhill, we should be OK!!!!!!! Such a change of tone. He agreed I could go to semi weight bearing from just toe touch but did think the boot could be a three month job. But the biggest joke was when he gave me a further two week script for those antibiotics the ******* told me NOT to take. What a moron.

You were so badly treated! What a cheek. Definitely would have been worth a letter to PALS but sometimes it is all too much isn't it?

Now for once, dear friends, I have some Positive News! Well slightly. I went to the Plastics Dressings clinic and saw the nurse followed by the consultant. (They both said of you didn't come in last week to which I replied I GOT A TEXT!!!!) Well what a contrast to ******* Consultant he was. I think I may have made it clear all round that I was less than enamoured with BC, had to bite my tongue in case I got too carried away. Anyway he said you aren't out of the woods yet but it is heading in the right direction and so long as it doesn't suddenly all go downhill, we should be OK!!!!!!! Such a change of tone. He agreed I could go to semi weight bearing from just toe touch but did think the boot could be a three month job. But the biggest joke was when he gave me a further two week script for those antibiotics the ******* told me NOT to take. What a moron.

Yeah you’re right, sometimes you’re just so glad to come out the other side that we tend to put up and shut up. Great news though Mazza, I’m over the moon for you ❤️ xx

Latest posts

Back