Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

😂😂 491D27A9-175E-43B9-9077-C2CC8F4C8D04.jpeg

Are we all geared up for a fresh wave of empty shelves and no delivery slots? That’s what I have been reading in the paper yesterday and today. So stock up on the loo rolls!
Yes I went to the village shop this morning at 10.30am to get bread and milk. None. Sold out faster than the fur gilets. Suppose I better go to Asda tomorrow and see what's not available :( It depresses me.

CC

It is utterly ridiculous the way people are behaving. The supply chain will keep supplying the shops, and if folks just calm down and shop sensibly, there will be enough to go round! I don't think the media help as they thrive on reporting negative and alarmist stories. Fear sells better than hope, notwithstanding Captain Sir Tom.

You would think would have learnt from last time? I went and bought my normal 9 pack of Cushnelle(sp) from the local chemist yesterday no problems.

I was chatting with someone I know and he was telling me when the lockdown was in place he walked into the local supermarket to get a packet of kitchen rolls. There was one pack left on the shelf and he lifted it turned around to have a pensioner screaming at the top her voice he had taken her packet of toilet rolls! He showed her it was a packet of kitchen rolls and the toilet rolls which there were loads sitting on the shelf. He said she kept screaming he had taken her toilet rolls how could he as she was a pensioner. He just walked away and left her screaming about him stealing her toilet rolls.

I looked on Ocado yesterday (first time I have been able to sign in since March, usually I am bounced because I am not on the ****** list 😡) and there were no slots available in Putney, and I could only look about three days ahead! Christ knows what it will be like at Christmas...

I think I shall ask my neighbour to get me some loo rolls next week, just to vent my spleen!!! She has an Ocado Pass so still gets deliveries and buys my stuff each week.

Mr CC went to Asda today and I'm happy to report there were no queues, no panic buying and everything he wanted to buy was there. We don't need tons of food/supplies and we're only just finishing up all the things we stockpiled from the last time. It was the Galashiels Asda though, I've no doubt shops in densely populated areas will start to sell things much quicker.

CC

I was in Home Bargains and Aldi today and both were very quiet and with full shelves. I did a bulk toilet roll shop from an ebay seller but that`s something I always did pre covid anyway. I usually go shopping alone whilst Mr V is at work and its impossible to carry home large packs of loo roll on the bus so I`ve always bulk bought them and have them delivered, they only charge £1 delivery. I used to bulk buy them from Amazon but have switched to an ebay seller.

It's just occurred to me that this thread was started when stockpiling first happened and now we're starting to see it all over again.

Anyone else depressed?

Not for right now, but looking forwards to the deeper winter and Christmas, yes.

An obvious thought is whether the original lockdown easing was done too haphazardly. I think it was badly managed and poorly communicated - in England at least.

I know everyone is venturing into the unknown, but having conflicting "clarifications" for almost every announcement is not helpful.

Our daughter-in-law is having her caesarean today with little Rose making her debut in the world, a little sister for (almost four year old) Haydn, it’s going to be scary for her though, our son can only drop her off so she has to go through it all alone, then he waits for a call to go and see his new daughter. I feel sorry for them it’s an absolutely scary time anyway, but to have this on top I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through, they’ve got infinite love and support all around them, so we’ll do all we can 🥰...........This is the first little girl on our side of the family and we’re all so excited 👏👏❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back