Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Went to sort tomorrows Asda delivery and guess what NO loo rolls or soap at all. We had started our last ,lot of loo rolls so wanted some so will have to wait and see what happens next week. We had an email, we got a slot as we were shielding, and we can still have the same day and time from the end of October but will have to pay. Not bothered about paying but will need the spot. We went out and tried to go into Homebase but I felt like I was going to have a panic attack so we didn't try and go in so online will continue.

Ignoring those who bought up all the toilet paper to sell on eBay the reason we stockpile such items is because they're big, so we feel we've got value for money, & they don't have a use by date. I picked up these amazing facts from an interview with a retail psychologist back when we were told the lockdown was going to be a short term measure to ensure that the NHS wasn't overwhelmed. Six months on & the media's still scare mongering, idiots are still panicking & the sodding politicians & scientists are on power trips.

Ignoring those who bought up all the toilet paper to sell on eBay the reason we stockpile such items is because they're big, so we feel we've got value for money, & they don't have a use by date. I picked up these amazing facts from an interview with a retail psychologist back when we were told the lockdown was going to be a short term measure to ensure that the NHS wasn't overwhelmed. Six months on & the media's still scare mongering, idiots are still panicking & the sodding politicians & scientists are on power trips.
I also heard that as they are big it doesn’t take that many extra people buying these items to make the shelves look depleted which leads to even more people buying as stocks look low.

Cartoon face masks school 120567427_10160.jpg

I hate jigsaws, crosswords, board games and puzzles. I lose myself in books and the best thing I ever bought was a Kindle touch. I`ve also dabbled with watercolours but can`t say any of my paintings were worth hanging and I also enjoyed a jewellery making class I did a few years ago. As for crafts such as sewing, knitting or crocheting, I am totally dire and have 2 left hands and little patience.
My Mother and my late sister were the complete opposite, Mum played the piano but couldn`t read music and she could hear a song once and then play it from ear and both of them were skilled sewers and knitters and my sister would spend hours on puzzles or crosswords.
My husband says I have ants in my pants and don`t stay in one place long enough to settle to anything and he says he`s never seen anybody who can read a book as quickly as I do but I`ve been the same since childhood and my Mum would throw me many a stern look for "fidgeting" as she called it.

I'm like Vienna, a book lover who doesn't do games or puzzles & I've spent much of this awful year with my nose in a book. All my family are artistic, I'm the exception & never found a craft I could do until I was 60 & discovered needle felting; pushing a barbed needle into wool & creating something that actually looks good has been a delight.

I'm like Vienna, a book lover who doesn't do games or puzzles & I've spent much of this awful year with my nose in a book. All my family are artistic, I'm the exception & never found a craft I could do until I was 60 & discovered needle felting; pushing a barbed needle into wool & creating something that actually looks good has been a delight.

I’m another book lover, I’ve got a kindle that I never use, because you can’t beat the feel and smell of a real book. 🥰

I love my Kindle and if I had to make a choice between it and other devices or TV it would win hands down every time. I read about 3 books per week and it’s not unknown for me to read right through the night but when Mr L wakes and gives off i fib and say I fell asleep over the kindle! I don’t think he is fooled.

I have an old-style Kindle that I bought along with cover with a pull-out light. I absolutely love it.

I'll read sometimes through the night but always read when I wake for whatever reason several times through the night. The light switches off if a page hasn't been turned which is great as I don't get stressed about wasting electric (or battery) by falling asleep with a light on.

I'm also a bit of a hoarder so not having hundreds of books in the house has been freeing for me.

Does anyone have a newer Kindle here that can answer a query? Would I need a separate light for a newer version or is the screen backlit? I mean the black & white version, not the Fire type. Also, does it have a click button on the sides like the old one? I freeze in bed so lie on my side with my Kindle propped up and the screen oriented to my position so I just have a single finger poking out to click. A swipe would take more effort and need me to move a litle out of my mound!

I have an old-style Kindle that I bought along with cover with a pull-out light. I absolutely love it.

I'll read sometimes through the night but always read when I wake for whatever reason several times through the night. The light switches off if a page hasn't been turned which is great as I don't get stressed about wasting electric (or battery) by falling asleep with a light on.

I'm also a bit of a hoarder so not having hundreds of books in the house has been freeing for me.

Does anyone have a newer Kindle here that can answer a query? Would I need a separate light for a newer version or is the screen backlit? I mean the black & white version, not the Fire type. Also, does it have a click button on the sides like the old one? I freeze in bed so lie on my side with my Kindle propped up and the screen oriented to my position so I just have a single finger poking out to click. A swipe would take more effort and need me to move a litle out of my mound!

The Kindle Paperwhite is backlit and you just touch the right hand side of the screen to move on a page.

Latest posts

Back