Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Billy Devitt is something of a local hero. He was made redundant from Thomas Cook when the pandemic started but he didn't sit and mope around. He turned his home into a cat rescue centre. If anyone is interested he is on all the social media platforms - Wisteria Cat Rescue. We got Milo from him and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone. He is a little 🌟
I've just had a look & love this man, even his name is fabulous. I wish I lived nearer because I'd volunteer so sent a donation instead.

Here's one for cat AND dog lovers

Cartoon cat dog talking 166643453_162596809.jpg

I've just had a look & love this man, even his name is fabulous. I wish I lived nearer because I'd volunteer so sent a donation instead.
Thank you so much! Billy will be pleased, he genuinely cares for the Wistie babies in his care. Although I have noticed that he tends to keep some of them for himself 😏 I think that I know why he didn't keep Milo 🙄

We have a pool down the road that has that weird pond stink you get a whiff of as you pass. A tight lead is kept on while passing but we've occasionally been caught out. Filthy, smelly bogmonster sums it up quite accurately!

Luckily, we lept an old tin bath for such emergencies. What is about dogs that LOVE any kind of wild water that they hate a bath, though?

I've found Dew to be fantastic at washing off fox poo when Mr AE isn't around and the fox has left a little unwanted present in the garden.
They recommended ketchup for fox poo on This Morning recently.

We bought a childrens plastic paddling pool for bathing our last dog. It`s a blue shell shaped plastic pool which can also be used be used as a sand pit according to the description in Argos. Our Bronte loved ditches, puddles, water and rolling in any kind of poo but hated a bath. I used to fill the pool then fill the lid with clean water for rinsing her and I`d bathe her outside on the patio. She always looked as if it was a punishment but it was a waste of time trying to keep her clean and dry on her walks, she was into everything.
Our new pup will probably be the same because labs love swimming and will eat anything they find and love mooching so I guess the paddling pool will get more use once she`s had all her jabs and learned to walk on a lead and return when she`s called.

We have 4 lovely fox Cubs in our garden, they venture out before it gets dark and yes we do feed them, it’s just so joyous watching them .❤️
I love them too. We have a fox who trots down our road every night, I call him the 10 o'clock fox because he's so punctual. I put out cat food for him during the autumn & winter & chopped up apples & peanuts with a small amount of cheese in spring & summer. He often sees me put down his food, sniffs & then waits until I walk back to the house but he's not bothered that I'm watching him & often walks within a few feet of me because he's obviously got his own version of a Boris walk & always follows the same route.

They recommended ketchup for fox poo on This Morning recently.
Ketchup's an all round useful product, not only does it lower your cholesterol, help eye health & boost male fertility it restores bleached hair that's gone green from chloride & now gets rid of the smell of fox poo. When my cousin was a child he put it on everything, savoury & sweet!

Ketchup's an all round useful product, not only does it lower your cholesterol, help eye health & boost male fertility it restores bleached hair that's gone green from chloride & now gets rid of the smell of fox poo. When my cousin was a child he put it on everything, savoury & sweet!

Our youngest son sometimes had chips with his tomato sauce, he’s always loved it. 😂🙏❤️ xx

When my oldest son and his family lived in Glasgow they had a fox which visited every night and my son would put food out for it. One frosty cold night he looked out of the kitchen window and the security light had come on and there was the fox playing on the kids trampoline. It had obviously jumped on there out of curiosity but then realised if it jumped the trampoline jumped too.
They only lived there for just over a year and then the Army moved him elsewhere so I hope Mr or Miss Fox found someone else to feed it.

I've never seen a wild fox 😲 but I love to see them on Springwatch/ Autumnwatch.
I never saw them until I moved here. We are much nearer to the town compared to where I used to live as well.
We used to get hedgehogs living under Grandads shed when we were little and Mum used to put on Dads motorbike gloves to pick one up to show us. They were crawling alive with fleas though!
The only problem with the foxes is the smell. Poor Charlie couldn't stand for long at the end and usually found fox wee or poo to fall over in 🤢

My wife bought a young brown Burmese cat many years ago. But it was not in the least affectionate, and we couldn't stop it ruining the furniture with its claws, so after a few months she sold it on.

She never told me how much it cost, so it must have been expensive.

We had the very same - lovely victorian tinbath for Obie. he was very good in it. He hates the family bath & shower spray,but we felt bad bathing him (albeit ina hot bath) outdoors in the cold - but I don't think he minded.

Now this Dew. I've been meaning to get in touch. I paid a discounted 5.60 for 400 mls of clinisept - the same stuff? Which is the Dew equivalent. Don't want any larger than one litre bottles ideally, as I have no room, so which size is the best buy, & is it cheaper? I get confused with all the different names - disinfectant, detergant, hand sanitiser? I just want the hypochlorous acid for mouthwash. Is this dog wash a soap like product? Just spraying is not enough for the bog monster.
That pond pong is horrid. Sounds chinese, which amuses me!

I love my Dew (as I keep banging on about!)

Right. There are two types - Superclean and Disinfect (which is the same as the sanitiser). The Superclean is meant for de-greasing and cleaning but not disinfecting as it only kills bacteria. I only use this on my sinks as I can rinse it off easily.

The Disinfect kills EVERYTHING and is basically the same as Clinisept. I was having problems with my gum and bigger problems with Corsodyl so asked my dentist about Dew (emailed him the info) and he said to use Dew and water as a 50:50 mix. I emailed Dew to check and they said the same. The dentist uses hypochlorous to clean his equipment. He has a generator on site.

I've used Clinisept mouthwash and the taste is the same as Dew (salty-ish). I do use a tiny bit more Dew than 50:50 though.

I use the Dew Disinfect for the dog - I SATURATE the fox poo area (ususlly on the longest ruff hair on her neck!) and sort of sponge it off with kitchen roll. It cleans it off, kills all the bugs, GETS RID OF THE STINK COMPLETELY and doesn't harm her in any way if she licks the area. Her bedding gets a regular spray to keep bugs and whiffs at bay. I even use it on cuts for her (and us). I used to buy the rather expensive/short shelf-life Leucilin for that.

I've been using Disinfect for just about everything for the last few years and go through about 7L a year. If anything, I over-use it. I take a little bottle out as hand sanitiser, use a load medically then the rest for cleaning. I use the air-freshener (very fine mist) on my soft furnishings if it starts to smell a bit doggy. It DOESN'T fade colours or bleach it, despite having the faint whiff of bleach - but I'd patch-test first.

When I say I use it medically I mean any cuts, grazes, scrapes get sprayed. I'm avoiding the GP (nothing new there!) so don't want to risk any infections setting in. Mr AE gets shingles a lot and it sets in around his eye and head so he gets sprayed several times a day at first tingle. Since he's been doing this he's had fewer attacks and they've not been so nasty. He also gets conjunctivitus a lot so he bathes his eye with it 5/6 times a day and always seems surprised how quickly it clears up compared to before. I use a catheter now and then, was having UTIs a lot but since spraying it on some toilet paper before insertion I've not had one (touch wood!).

So, it's the DISINFECT (or Sanitise - they're the same stuff) you want. It's cheaper to buy direct but you'll need to pay postage. You can get them a bit more expensive from Amazon or eBay but with free P&P so for a small amount you're better off buying from there. I started off with a 500ml bottle after discovering Aquaint (Vital Baby) that I'd bought from Boots and that had been rec'd on Allergy UK. Aquaint has a shelf-life of 3 months after opening but I found it lost the chlorine whiff after a few weeks so lost faith in it. Dew says at least 6 months but keep away from sunlight and heat. I picked up a small bottle of Virusol from Holland & Barrett to make up my order to the free P&P threshold. I'm unsure, though. It doesn't smell as strongly of that lovely clean chlorine smell you get with Dew and I believe it's the free available chlorine given off that shows it's active. So, maybe I got an old bottle or maybe it doesn't have the ppm that Dew and Aquaint have.

Look for the new-type bottles that are currently on the Dew site as they've only been used since the New Year. At least if you buy from a third-party site you'll know it's fresh (though Dew does sell on Amazon and eBay).

The pong smellsnothing like my Chinese takeaway - it smells like nothing on earth. It's worse than passing a sewage farm! Other than that I have no idea how to describe it but I've smelled it in two different ponds now. It also bubbles in a few places. Reminds me of a 50's Sci-Fi movie!

Amber my last dog was a golden Cocker Spaniel loved mud and the leaves in autumn. When in the park we bumped into a number of times a man walking a large Rottie friendly big thing. It used to bounce up to Amber wanting to play, she used to try to kill it! :ROFLMAO: Seems the goldens are very temperamental.

There is something known as Cocker Rage (that affects other breeds, too) but that's a completely different thing to getting annoyed when another over-friendly dog tries to play when you're not in the mood 😂

Ours is very aloof with other dogs and prefers humans. I suspect she's sussed that humans dispense treats and other dogs don't.

Latest posts

Back