Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon brakes lorry crash 180578695_1021.jpg

I don’t think they will allow us to use it for groceries as it’s supposed to kick start the high street and the one sector who have been raking it in, despite their protests ,are the supermarkets as everyone has been buying as much if not more food and booze this past year
& bog rolls...

But at least you are all getting £100
So is the british tax payer funding this, or your own 'people'?

& bog rolls...

So is the british tax payer funding this, or your own 'people'?
we pay more than our fair share of taxes into the United Kingdom coffers .

tbh its quite offensive to be spoken about as “people” and I’m certainly not the type to easily take offence.
Yes very poor choice of words.

It really doesn't matter where the devolved governments get the money from, a fair amount of the money they get from UK government has no stipulation on it as to what they can do with it plus the devolved nations pay tax too.

we pay more than our fair share of taxes into the United Kingdom coffers .

tbh its quite offensive to be spoken about as “people” and I’m certainly not the type to easily take offence.
No offence/harm intended. It didn't occur to me that the word 'people', or it's positioning would offend - I don't understand why it would do - maybe I'm missing something?

To explain the context of 'people', it was meant as in people in power - the organisers/government - devolved or otherwise - 'Have your people call my people' Is calling governments 'people' offensive? I'm not so sure.

No offence/harm intended. It didn't occur to me that the word 'people', or it's positioning would offend - I don't understand why it would do - maybe I'm missing something?

To explain the context of 'people', it was meant as in people in power - the organisers/government - devolved or otherwise - 'Have your people call my people' Is calling governments 'people' offensive? I'm not so sure.
ETA: 'Have your people call my people' .
Is referring to governments (as) 'people' offensive? I'm not so sure.

Another interesting 25 second video from Facebook, well worth a watch if you can

I love it !!! how can I copy so I can forward to my sister ?

Funny but horrifying.
This has happened a couple of times to a house in our village. It’s on the main through-road which is very narrow because it dates back to the horse and cart era.

Despite traffic warning signs, truck drivers speed along and rumble through en route to the main A road to the docks. The corner of a 200 year old house has been badly damaged twice -luckily it was well built back in 1821 !

Of the 4 nations in the UK, England always gets the worst of everything.

Even on the radio this morning, it said there are no bridge tolls in Scotland, but where I live there is the very expensive Tamar Bridge toll.
I thought that all the devolved countries had more public spending per capita than England under the Barnett formula.

Of the 4 nations in the UK, England always gets the worst of everything.

Even on the radio this morning, it said there are no bridge tolls in Scotland, but where I live there is the very expensive Tamar Bridge toll.
Stratobuddy, who do you blame? Well, it should be your own government. N.I, Scotland and Wales all get free prescriptions, why, because the funding they are allocated to run their own countries they decide to do that. This has been going on for years, lots of people in England just tick the box on the form saying they are entitled to free prescriptions as they cannot afford to pay £7+ for each item they need. Yes, there is the prepaid prescription, but it is £100+ for the year. The four monthly one if added up costs more over the year £40 something if I remember. I would have to go check the exact price.

Bois Bear, here is the intro from the Barnett Formula. You can wade through the rest if you chose?:eek: But it is long.

Number 7386, 21 April 2021 4 1.The formula1.1IntroductionThe devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive grants from the UK Government, which fund much of their spending. The Barnett formula determines how the largest of these grants – the block grants – change from one year to the next. The Barnett formula aims to give each country the same pounds-per-person change in funding as the change in funding for comparable government services in England.1 For instance if the funding for education in England increases by the equivalent of £100 per person, the devolved administrations’ block grants will increase by £100 per person. In general, if a service is devolved it is considered to be comparable. The devolved administrations can spend the Barnett-formula-determined block grant as they wish. If block grants increase because education spending has increased in England, the devolved administrations do not have to spend the additional money on education. The formula is mainly used at spending reviews, where UK Government departments’ budgets are set. The formula uses the change in UK Government departments’ budgets to calculate the annual change in the devolved administrations’ budgets. The UK Government may change departments’ budgets outside of the spending review, perhaps at other fiscal events such as the Budget. If this happens the Barnett formula is again used to calculate changes to the block grant, but the formula is applied to the individual spending programme rather than at the department level.

It says the formula aims to get each people in which ever country the same amount pound per head for all four.

Bois Bear, here is the intro from the Barnett Formula. You can wade through the rest if you chose?:eek: But it is long.

Number 7386, 21 April 2021 4 1.The formula1.1IntroductionThe devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive grants from the UK Government, which fund much of their spending. The Barnett formula determines how the largest of these grants – the block grants – change from one year to the next. The Barnett formula aims to give each country the same pounds-per-person change in funding as the change in funding for comparable government services in England.1 For instance if the funding for education in England increases by the equivalent of £100 per person, the devolved administrations’ block grants will increase by £100 per person. In general, if a service is devolved it is considered to be comparable. The devolved administrations can spend the Barnett-formula-determined block grant as they wish. If block grants increase because education spending has increased in England, the devolved administrations do not have to spend the additional money on education. The formula is mainly used at spending reviews, where UK Government departments’ budgets are set. The formula uses the change in UK Government departments’ budgets to calculate the annual change in the devolved administrations’ budgets. The UK Government may change departments’ budgets outside of the spending review, perhaps at other fiscal events such as the Budget. If this happens the Barnett formula is again used to calculate changes to the block grant, but the formula is applied to the individual spending programme rather than at the department level.

It says the formula aims to get each people in which ever country the same amount pound per head for all four.

How much does each nation spend on public services?​

Public spending per head varies across the UK.
Last year, Northern Ireland spent the most per head, at £11,590, followed by:
  • Scotland at £11,247
  • Wales at £10,656
  • England at £9,296

I love it !!! how can I copy so I can forward to my sister ?
I don't know how you can copy it from here, the usual methods don't seem to work.

And I can't find it again to send you a link. It may have been on Facebook, in which case I'll never be able to find it again! Or it may have been on YouTube, so you could try searching for it on there.

This has happened a couple of times to a house in our village. It’s on the main through-road which is very narrow because it dates back to the horse and cart era.

Despite traffic warning signs, truck drivers speed along and rumble through en route to the main A road to the docks. The corner of a 200 year old house has been badly damaged twice -luckily it was well built back in 1821 !

Stratobuddy, who do you blame? Well, it should be your own government. N.I, Scotland and Wales all get free prescriptions, why, because the funding they are allocated to run their own countries they decide to do that. This has been going on for years, lots of people in England just tick the box on the form saying they are entitled to free prescriptions as they cannot afford to pay £7+ for each item they need. Yes, there is the prepaid prescription, but it is £100+ for the year. The four monthly one if added up costs more over the year £40 something if I remember. I would have to go check the exact price.
I blame the English, the only one of the 4 nations without their own "parliament" and who just accept the worst of everything.

It's not just free prescriptions and bridge tolls, it is LOADS of other things, such as free university in Scotland. I believe Scotland also have much more flexible bus pass rules.

How much does each nation spend on public services?​

Public spending per head varies across the UK.
Last year, Northern Ireland spent the most per head, at £11,590, followed by:
  • Scotland at £11,247
  • Wales at £10,656
  • England at £9,296
That just shows, how much England are willing to spend compared to the others. N.I. is actually the size of North Yorkshire, so we are willing to spend more on the population. Scotland is large not quite the size of England but they are spending more on their population too.

That just shows, how much England are willing to spend compared to the others. N.I. is actually the size of North Yorkshire, so we are willing to spend more on the population. Scotland is large not quite the size of England but they are spending more on their population too.
I'd like to know what I get for £9,296! In fact I'd like to be given that to spend it my way, there's a huge number of public spending projects that I don't agree with & if I had an MP with a brain cell I'd write to her & demand my money. As it is I'm still waiting for the useless lot at Environment to answer my question about the effect these evil, cruel & MADE IN CHINA disposable masks are having on pets & wildlife when discarded & what's going to be done to deal with the issue.

For years I have called it the DUK (Dis-United Kingdom)'

Scotland want to leave the UK (or so it seems), we now have a border between England and NI, the Welsh won't let the English use their bus passes in Wales, and they are encouraging everyone to speak Welsh so no-one else can understand them.

When I lived in Wales, every road sign had to be changed to bilingual, at ENORMOUS expense. But this was not good enough for the Welsh Nationalists, because the English came first, so they all had to be changed yet again at more ENORMOUS expense so the Welsh word came first. And most of the place names were almost identical anyway eg Barry / Barri. But they didn't change the already existing Welsh place names such as Cwmbran into English (Crow Valley) so this was totally discriminatory.

Last edited:
Just got my second AZ jab this afternoon. Arrived early, and they took me early and when the volunteers came out and called names a few hadn't arrived on time. Wish I could get the card laminated but nowhere seems to do it. So bought a plastic clear card cover on eBay says it is the right size for the vaccine cards.

Latest posts

Back