Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry about the language, but this could be me, as I always wanted a 2000 mph Lightning jet fighter (my favourite aircraft).

I expect many people of both sexes have stuff hidden in the back of their wardrobes.

Cartoon lightning plane purchase 212103713_454217712.jpg

Lightning jet .jpg

No-one took up my friend's offer re tonight's footie - - - -

A friend of mine has 2 tickets in a corporate box for the next game England v Ukraine in Rome, Italy.

He paid £3,000 for the two tickets, including all flights and a hotel, but he didn't realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his wedding!

If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Plymouth Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Michelle -- she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.

No-one took up my friend's offer re tonight's footie - - - -

A friend of mine has 2 tickets in a corporate box for the next game England v Ukraine in Rome, Italy.

He paid £3,000 for the two tickets, including all flights and a hotel, but he didn't realise when he bought them that it was going to be the same day as his wedding!

If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It's at Plymouth Registry Office, at 4pm. The bride's name is Michelle -- she's 5'4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook.
😂😂😂

Father and son in supermarket.

"Dad, what are these?"

"That's a 3pack of condoms son for secondary school lads. 1 for Friday night, 1 for Saturday night and 1 for Sunday night."

"What about the 6pack dad?"

"Those are for University lads. 2 for Friday night, 2 for Saturday night and 2 for Sunday night."

"Well dad, what about the 12pack then?"

"Married men son. 1 for January, 1 for February, 1 for March ..."

Sorry but this is exactly how I felt today. A picture tells a thousand words !
View attachment 21716
I want to give that a 😍 as well as a 🤣I'm in air -conditioned splendour today, but yesterday was 10 windows open and 3 fans going. I shudder to think of my electric bill. I notice several neighbours have portable air-conditioning but I'm in a ground floor flat so no can do... all windows closed and locked when I'm not around, or I'm asleep.

I've got a large floor-standing fan, but I haven't found it yet among all my other items, as I haven't needed it for a few years. Very frustrating in this weather, knowing that it is here SOMEHERE.

Have you ever actually thrown anything away? Or even given it away?
Sold lots of things then later regretted it, such as my drumkit, very low mileage car and my low mileage motorcaravan (both bought by me from new).

And I've sold lots of smaller items, and given away things that probably had some value such as large Tonka toys, that were probably resold. And also gave away a very comfortable 3 piece suite in excellent condition.

But my main problem is the expensive but no longer used hi-fi equipment, musical instruments etc that are too heavy and valuable to ship.

As an example, before the days of Bluetooth, I had a classic ipod with 60GB storage, and put all my music on it. But it had to be plugged into a dock, so I've got a few of those, some very expensive such as Bose and Ruark.

Then I bought a wireless Yamaha dock that transmitted the music from the ipod without wires. I was so impressed, I bought 2 more to go in other rooms, so I could hear my music all around the house. They cost over £100 each.

Then along came Bluetooth and they all became redundant and unused, but in total cost at least £3000 including the docks, not the stuff you put into a skip. Then along came fibre broadband and streaming, so all my top-end CD players are now redundant as well, not to mention my top of the range Sony VHS decks. And don't even mention my top of the range cassette players, mini disks, hifi speakers etc etc, probably cost £30,000 over the years (and that was "old" money, be a lot more taking account of inflation)

I would sell them at a knock-down price to an enthusiast or collector, but don't want to put them in a skip!

Last edited:
Mr L is a hi fi nut too. We still have old hi fi systems but no longer used. He eventually got rid of a very large collection of vinyl on to cd ‘s which in themselves are now obsolete. I don’t think he has the same attachment to CD as the record so easier to let go.

He tried those online buyers but was disgusted when they told him they only dealt with UK customers and it was beyond their IQ to take in that we are part of the UK,so they are still here

Latest posts

Back