Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As an example, before the days of Bluetooth, I had a classic ipod with 60GB storage, and put all my music on it. But it had to be plugged into a dock, so I've got a few of those, some very expensive such as Bose and Ruark.

Then I bought a wireless Yamaha dock that transmitted the music from the ipod without wires. I was so impressed, I bought 2 more to go in other rooms, so I could hear my music all around the house. They cost over £100 each.

Then along came Bluetooth and they all became redundant and unused, but in total cost at least £3000 including the docks, not the stuff you put into a skip. Then along came fibre broadband and streaming, so all my top-end CD players are now redundant as well, not to mention my top of the range Sony VHS decks. And don't even mention my top of the range cassette players, mini disks, hifi speakers etyc etc, probably cost £30,000 over the years.

I would sell them at a knock-down price to an enthusiast or collector, but don't want to put them in a skip!
Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace, Amazon Marketplace? Music Magpie or one of the other sites that buy and sell tech? Are you a member of any technology enthusiast forums or sites? Or is there an auctioneers near you that sells tech?

Ebay, Gumtree, Facebook Marketplace, Amazon Marketplace? Music Magpie or one of the other sites that buy and sell tech? Are you a member of any technology enthusiast forums or sites? Or is there an auctioneers near you that sells tech?
Shipping is the problem, and I have no transport to take them anywhere.

The attempt to sell my record deck was via a forum of enthusiasts for that particular make and model of deck, with 100s of members. The prospective purchaser was going to collect it, lives about 30 miles away. I may even suggest giving it away to him.

Cartoon cats pharoh 219396329_29844791.jpg

I loathe the heat and although my house stayed relatively cool during the past few days, I had a fan on and I’ve slept with a fan on in the bedroom for the past month. Today’s temperature of 21C is much more my kind of weather. The fact that I have 6 fans, a portable air con unit and a Fan U portable fan is an indication that I prefer much cooler weather. 😉

It was a wonderful, chilly 22c in Belfast yesterday. On Wednesday I went to the hairdresser and just said shave it off. The sweat was running down from my hair at the back and side like a river. I now have an Annie Lennox mid 80s look.

Talking of tech, I was surprised to see a really large queue outside The Game store yesterday morning, just after 9 am. Seriously about 30 people! They had a Sale sign in the window I wasn't sure if they had an amazing sale or something new game had come out?

Latest posts

Back