Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

An advert like Strato's post 3921 is an easy job, not involving a huge amount of skill. Some idiot with photoshop thought it would get him or her a few cheap laughs. Anyone else got photoshop?

I emailed the Fat Controller, aka Mr Johnson, last week asking him if he could give me a date when the NHS had been on its feet because all we ever hear is that it's in crisis, on the edge, short of staff etc. I'm still waiting for his reply. A cold winter has the health service in panic mode & even a hot spell causes issues. It's never had enough staff because British people don't like doing many care or manual jobs which is why so many were persuaded to leave the Caribbean in the 50s & 60s to work in the NHS as well as the postal service & transport systems. In almost two decades working in secondary education I met very few girls, & no boys, who wanted to follow a career in caring; girls have been told for years they can do the same jobs as the boys & that's what they're doing.
At the end of the day, as said by others caring is paid such crap money, no wonder no one wants to do it. The care house were full of EU workers who because of the new rules do not earn enough so told to get out by the Fat Controller.

About 10 years back, I knew through a friend a man who leave his job working for SKY and decided in his early 30s to train as a nurse. He had to delay his final exams as his father was dying of cancer, and he went back to England to help his mum until his dad died. So I was talking to him, and he said he had passed his exams and now qualified nurse. Asked which hospital had he got a potion in? He just laughed and said there were none! He tried for ages and ended up doing Bank Work for a few years then moved to Australia. I was shocked as you hear how they need nurses and even today the call is we need more nurses.
Bank Work pays much better and quite a few nurses will do it as they can pick when they work. One ex nurse I know used to do it took a week's holiday and did bank work for the week.

At the end of the day, as said by others caring is paid such crap money, no wonder no one wants to do it. The care house were full of EU workers who because of the new rules do not earn enough so told to get out by the Fat Controller.

About 10 years back, I knew through a friend a man who leave his job working for SKY and decided in his early 30s to train as a nurse. He had to delay his final exams as his father was dying of cancer, and he went back to England to help his mum until his dad died. So I was talking to him, and he said he had passed his exams and now qualified nurse. Asked which hospital had he got a potion in? He just laughed and said there were none! He tried for ages and ended up doing Bank Work for a few years then moved to Australia. I was shocked as you hear how they need nurses and even today the call is we need more nurses.
Bank Work pays much better and quite a few nurses will do it as they can pick when they work. One ex nurse I know used to do it took a week's holiday and did bank work for the week.
We place value on things in inverse proportion to their value to society. Something laid bare at the height of the pandemic. Because caring is seen as vocational, or traditionally female, it has been undervalued for generations. Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind.

And yet we didn’t learn - we spent the time buying useless tat once the initial fear of dying passed. The couriers were queuing up in our cul de sac to turn , people were getting half a dozen parcels every day.

The morons who voted for Johnston as a personality are the same as Trumpettes and will vote them all in again. Problem is there isn’t a single one of them worth our vote so it comes down to the least terrible one which represents your personal political view.

Cartoon cats flap in fridge 242376872_12385489432.png

Care work is grossly underpaid and jolly hard work. People would rather work in retail where the wages and perks are better. Not going to get any better!
I did a couple of years as a carer about fifteen years ago, my pay then was £15 an hour and all meals provided, fast forward to 2021 and I'm a retail supervisor my pay now is £9.99 an hour and 25% staff discount but all the good stuff is excluded from any discount.

So the Fat Controller has given a multi-millionaire American who owns the companies that the CO2 is a by product to open again. Now, it is not a loan, oh no, but an incentive to start production.
Warning: What I'm about to write may offend or upset some people. When we were locked up last November I was talking to a lady in a queue about the FC. She was nicely spoken, smartly dressed & obviously well educated so I was surprised when she asked "Where's a terrorist when you want one?"

Sorry didn’t want to start a new thread.

reading Arsebook I saw someone mention the termp-tatioms are back on Q and I know that some forumites liked the brand.

However the 3 items in stock are uninspiring IMO

Warning: What I'm about to write may offend or upset some people. When we were locked up last November I was talking to a lady in a queue about the FC. She was nicely spoken, smartly dressed & obviously well educated so I was surprised when she asked "Where's a terrorist when you want one?"
Nothing offends me nowadays. I’ve made a very conscious decision to become the antithesis of all the trendy affectations - Woke, Snowflake, Eco Warrior, BLM, Karen and the various gender/no gender combos.

I probably offend lots of people but tough, I’m determined to have my say !

Strato, that's a good post. Without a woman a man would be knee deep in recycling that he never empties, would sleep in the same sheets for a year, wear his pants for a year or more and would fix it to have beer coming out the taps instead of water. Don't even mention the toilet.

Apologies to all the neat freak men. I've yet to meet one :p

CC

Latest posts

Back