Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon cat 90290649_27065498.jpg

I've been housebound for quite some time, so, apart from worrying about running out of pot noodle (who said that?!) and caviar, life is much the same. That is, if you don't watch the news, or read the papers. Then I get on my soapbox, and have a good rant about the behaviour of the idiot masses.

Mr E has been cutting my hair for over a year, now, which is great, as I can't sit for long periods (nor stand, so I'm mostly propped up in bed, with a shed-load of pillows), so he does the back one day, and the top and sides, another. I keep it very short on the back, with a bit more length, top and sides. No longer have to blow-dry: hooray!

I've had a series of emails from Wool Warehouse, advising customers about shipping delays, as they have staff off, and a mountain of orders. People keeping busy, in their self-isolation. I already have a good stash, so plenty to keep me going.

Uncertain times ahead, but Twilight said, we will get through this.

Sorry to hear you have been housebound for quite some time Elliementary. At least you are ahead of us all in dealing with it as best you can. I hope things improve for you.

I am going to cut Mr A's hair at some point. He is not looking forward to it, but I am quite excited to be honest, I have always thought I would be able to cut hair - how hard can it be? :eek: Joking aside it is either I cut it or he looks like a mad professor. He has thick hair that starts to look like a cap if he doesn't get it cut for a while. I think I had better start looking up youtube on how to cut hair, or it might be divorce time. Mind you we are only on Day 3 it may come to that anyway.

My hairdresser always says she knows when I have cut my own hair as it is never straight. Wait till she seems me next time. :ROFLMAO:

...patience was severely tested today, Try buying a bag of bread flour online. the supermarket shelves are bare. Websites Temporarily out of stock throughout the UK. Mrs Columbo's patience was rewarded at 3.50pm, one bag of spelt. 🍞 And I am lucky to have it
My worry is for those without online access.

it’s worrying isn’t it, don’t know what’s with all the panic buying when the supermarkets have said constantly if people just buy what they need there’ll be enough food and essentials to go round, it’s understandable but unbelievable.

Up until now not only have I been able to get everything (excl sanitizer) I normally get but have actually had a good choice. I haven’t bulk bought anything just replacing anything I’ve used as I would normally do. i will venture out tomorrow to get fresh stuff so might be a different story by then.

Mr L fits (just) the age group for special hours but I have no intention of taking the place of someone who might be only able to get out at this time.

Have things improved on the mainland?

I’ve not stockpiled, but I ordered a couple of items from Amazon last week, to save my queuing in a shop, and the guy rang the bell and handed them to me. Today, since the lockdown, Amazon delivered something else and this time he rang the bell and left the package on the doorstep. He then stood by his van and shouted “thank you” when I opened the door.

It seems to me that if you only buy the things you really need and don't stockpile, then you will have to go shopping much more often, going directly against the govt's advice to stay at home.

As I've said on here several times, there is no joined up thinking by the gov't.

I haven't done any stockpiling, but as I don't have a car I've always kept a reasonable stock of food at home in case of illness etc. Also I can't do a big weekly shop without a car as I can't carry it home.

As an example, I use about a dozen cartons of milk a week, as I have it on cereal and make 1 litre yogurt every day. So if I am limited to 3 cartons, I will have to go shopping nearly every day, when I am told to go as little as possible. BTW I have always bought a box of 12 cartons at a time, which I can get into my "granny trolley" and will last the week.

I'm only joking, honest - - - - - >

View attachment 18571
that cat is just too cute for words! A perfect example of cats loving small protected spaces.

Haven't had much to smile about lately but I just got back from my alleged keyworker work (cleaning an empty school!) and Mr CC said "Hey, you're missing Morning Vile with Kathy Tayler". Spilt my coffee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CC
how did he know the perfect name for the show? It sums up both Q fashion and Q presenter.

I see Dyson is rushing through a prototype ventilator and if passed will supply 10,000. I don’t suppose there is the remotest possibility of him doing this FOC considering he was originally intending to jump ship and is taking the p with those hairdryers and curler thing.
As you don’t do this in a day or two he has obviously been working on this for a while ready to cash in on some country’s crisis.
There are just some people who go down a sewer and come up smelling of roses.

I’ve been amazed at the sell out of flour from a nation whose idea of cooking is either pot noodle or heating up a microwave meal.
Don't be silly...they all have breadmaker machines.

You won't stay on my list of favourite men.

I know it's a joke, but it looks creepy. Cat looks spooked. Loved the others though. I replicated the loo art for Mr B!

It seems to me that if you only buy the things you really need and don't stockpile, then you will have to go shopping much more often, going directly against the govt's advice to stay at home.

As I've said on here several times, there is no joined up thinking by the gov't.

I haven't done any stockpiling, but as I don't have a car I've always kept a reasonable stock of food at home in case of illness etc. Also I can't do a big weekly shop without a car as I can't carry it home.

As an example, I use about a dozen cartons of milk a week, as I have it on cereal and make 1 litre yogurt every day. So if I am limited to 3 cartons, I will have to go shopping nearly every day, when I am told to go as little as possible. BTW I have always bought a box of 12 cartons at a time, which I can get into my "granny trolley" and will last the week.

I agree in a way Strato, I said to the husband rationing people to two or three items will make them have to go back the shop more often, but if people just bought what they normally buy then they’d probably only need to go every week or every other week like they normally would where as now I think the people are going the shop more often to see if they can get that milk, tea bags or bread in the shop because it’s sold out on line.

QVC used to sell bread makers just think of all those who bought never used and have them dust-covered in the garage and years of watching Mary Berry now have the chance to actually use them.
Yep, that was where I bought mine. It's in our daughter's garage & they do use it, only issue being that the recipes need dried milk powder & that's an endangered species.

Latest posts

Back