Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon scales 91959899_1477023.jpg

It just depends on what grey you get, I think. When I had chemo and couldn't colour it for a while, I really disliked the grey colour I had. It was what I call battleship grey. I would call that lovely bob upthread charcoal.

I went grey many years ago after having highlights and gradually going lighter.I have not had so many complements over the years on my hair colour both at home and abroad.Use blue hair products of which there are many these days, to keep away any yellow.It is not ageing, the condition of the skin and face do that!

I used the grey shampoos but found them messy and stained the shower and tiles so when we had a new bathroom installed I stopped as it would have been an expensive mistake.

I don't have grey it is pure silver as I am a natural blond or was through childhood onwards though it eventually darkened down to dark blond. A friend talked me into stop colouring I actually use the colour natural blond. So I did and all well until my hair needed cut and the back of my hair is not grey so only the top was a lovely silver my hair is a pixie crop. My hairdresser just said you are too young to go grey and think about it in say 9-10 years. She had nothing to gain from telling me this as I always home coloured. So I just went back to my box and only use a half a box at a time. In fact, I bought a box on offer in Sainsbury yesterday so have from next month have 4 months of colouring.

I used to have people ask if I was a natural blond and told them to look at my eyebrows. Oh, you have blond eyebrows.

Can I just say I am getting really jealous of everyone who has lovely silver, white or that fabulous charcoal hair in the pic earlier whilst I am stuck with something out of the industrial revolution, dull and very flat. Perhaps it has changed? Unless I get ill again, God forbid, I'll never know!

And the low life of society, in the face coughers, curfew ignorers, pensioners pension robbers etc., should be shipped to a desert island.
That is why I started an 'auto-delivery', when I observed the exhoburent amount of people who failed to wash their hands after using public washrooms. or who coughed and didn't wash, it is amazing how these things that are (I would have thought normal things to be taught) forgotten, when we become 'grown-ups'!

Can I just say I am getting really jealous of everyone who has lovely silver, white or that fabulous charcoal hair in the pic earlier whilst I am stuck with something out of the industrial revolution, dull and very flat. Perhaps it has changed? Unless I get ill again, God forbid, I'll never know!
Severe illnesses, & the medication to deal with them, must have an effect on hair, I know someone whose hair came back curly because her follicles changed shape. I truly hope you never get to know why yours has changed & dull & flat needs to be called muted & smooth.

Severe illnesses, & the medication to deal with them, must have an effect on hair, I know someone whose hair came back curly because her follicles changed shape. I truly hope you never get to know why yours has changed & dull & flat needs to be called muted & smooth.
"Muted and smooth" made me snort with laughter. If you could have seen it! Anyway, I was expecting my hair to go curly, something which would have pi**ed me off as much as the battleship grey, but I successfully used a cold cap which seemed to have stopped that.

Went shopping today and although I understand the 1 in 1 out system but it can now be up to an hour waiting to just get into the shop.
Not sure what the heck people are doing in store as it is ages before anyone comes s back out. I’m in and out as quick as possible. Didn’t think the stocks were as good as in the earlier weeks maybe they aren't pulling out all the stops as they did at the start.

Unfortunately it makes you buy more so you don’t have to do it again!

Again don’t understand the signs which tell you that you can buy 4 tins of soup but no more than 2 of same flavour ie 2 tomato and 2 chicken but not 3 chicken and 1 other. I suppose there is some method in their madness.

Still as long as we remain healthy it’s a very small price to pay and there are loads of people who aren't able to get out at all.

Speaking to a lady yesterday who is in a wheelchair who can’t get out to shop and the difficulty of one person portions and mentioned to her that a local farm shop was now offering home delivery which would probably suit her. She knew this but refused to pay the delivery charge. I knew her late husband and knew he was a very senior NHS manager so she would have a very comfortable pension plus her own income but was expecting carers and neighbours to do it for her rather than paying an extra few pounds.

Went shopping today and although I understand the 1 in 1 out system but it can now be up to an hour waiting to just get into the shop.
Not sure what the heck people are doing in store as it is ages before anyone comes s back out. I’m in and out as quick as possible. Didn’t think the stocks were as good as in the earlier weeks maybe they aren't pulling out all the stops as they did at the start.

Unfortunately it makes you buy more so you don’t have to do it again!

Again don’t understand the signs which tell you that you can buy 4 tins of soup but no more than 2 of same flavour ie 2 tomato and 2 chicken but not 3 chicken and 1 other. I suppose there is some method in their madness.

Still as long as we remain healthy it’s a very small price to pay and there are loads of people who aren't able to get out at all.

Speaking to a lady yesterday who is in a wheelchair who can’t get out to shop and the difficulty of one person portions and mentioned to her that a local farm shop was now offering home delivery which would probably suit her. She knew this but refused to pay the delivery charge. I knew her late husband and knew he was a very senior NHS manager so she would have a very comfortable pension plus her own income but was expecting carers and neighbours to do it for her rather than paying an extra few pounds.
Can't help but the 'irony' of this! I think at the moment food is a fuel not an enjoyment!

I will never understand some people, especially people that are house bound at this time. I had five dinners and five desserts delivered free for under £30, admittedly not big meals but more than enough for me.I am well pleased for now.

Okay, I will admit stockpiling cat food. I buy two boxes for one cat and I have now got 6 boxes. Dinah fleabag is much younger than Delilah so has to get a bag of dried food and boxes of wet food, she has one unopened bag and about 4 boxes of wet. There is a notice saying no more than 3 boxes of food so I just buy every week anyway.

Latest posts

Back