Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hope that hairdresser realises they will invalidate their insurance working before they are officially allowed back.
I was thinking along these lines - I hope the neighbours don't report her unless she has a good fence protecting from the prying eyes.

Was also going to say that I and the hubby are wearing sun hats outside at the moment so no one can see the overgrown hair. when it's a bit cooler I have a crochet like hat from Primark I could use then.

Last edited:
I’ve just cut the husbands hair with the hair clippers I bought him years ago, I knew they’d come in handy, the look of fear in his eyes though was priceless bless him, but you know what he’s made up, I’ve done a great job, well let’s be honest you can’t go wrong with clippers, now shaping the hair line on his neck........that’s another matter 😂

I’ve cut Mr L hair all our married life and I hate doing it in case I make a whoopsie but I make sure he never sees the back in a mirror!

my hairdresser has asthma so unlikely to go back too soon and I think she might prioritise the big spenders who get colours, perms etc so I won’t have to use those noodle hats as my hair grows out not down so I will have my own personal 2 meter radius.

I have been wondering what my Hairdresser will do as when she comes to me she colours, cuts blow dry, manicure and waxing. I have had her coming for over 30 years.

Bring garden shears....he he he :D

I've just painted on a Josh Wood touch up to make the brilliant white regrowth looks more muted. I've also been venturing out in a sun hat, but it gives me terrible "hat hair" when I wear a hat.
Is this touch up permanent? Good product? Can we have the deets please, May?

I was thinking along these lines - I hope the neighbours don't report her unless she has a good fence protecting from the prying eyes.

Was also going to say that I and the hubby are wearing sun hats outside at the moment so no one can see the overgrown hair. when it's a bit cooler I have a crochet like hat from Primark I could use then.

It is a bit naughty. Sadly I feel the police have zero sway, what with all the Cummings & goings of certain feckin eejits.

I hate people who work cash under the table. These are the very same who are out clapping like kippers, expecting the NHS to be top notch but not on THEIR taxes. dont want to put anything into the coffers but want to take plenty out. I know that our taxes aren’t spent wisely but that’s no excuse or we would all be refusing to pay.

I have been wondering what my Hairdresser will do as when she comes to me she colours, cuts blow dry, manicure and waxing. I have had her coming for over 30 years.
My hairdresser comes to me too. I’ve booked provisionally for early July in case he’s allowed to work by then. I’m hoping we might be able to do it outside with him colouring it then me rinsing it myself and him cutting it then leaving so I can dry and straighten it myself. What’s the odds that when he can come the weather will be dreadful.

Bring garden shears....he he he :D

Is this touch up permanent? Good product? Can we have the deets please, May?

It is a bit naughty. Sadly I feel the police have zero sway, what with all the Cummings & goings of certain feckin eejits.
I think, reading the blurb, it washes out. "Easy brush-on temporary colour". It's the first time I've used it, and it doesn't provide masses of coverage, but as my hair is virtually brilliant white, and I get it dyed a deep magenta colour, and I bought deep brown, it's doing it's best. Better than the Bleach London Bruised Violet coloured hair crayon...though I may try combining them.

Reviews on Boots.com are mixed. I bought it, I think, when they still sold it at M&S (they don't seem to sell it any more). https://www.boots.com/josh-wood-colour-darker-brown-blending-brush-10242440
Bleach London Hair Crayon (I don't think they sell it any more) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013X0LCY6/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Last edited:
I have found a pair of hair clippers on Amazon in stock and under £27 with guards. Reviews look good all men of course and now I am dithering. Just had the horror of a friend saying how thick my hair looks and she liked the kink in my hair!o_O

So is it worth spending £26.99 for something I might only use once?

Just bought!

I just bought a box of disposable gloves on Amazon despite never using them so far in all this! I suppose they will do for colouring my hair if push comes to shove as the ones in the box never fit me. I have quite big hands for a woman so didn't know what size to get! I have ordered Large on the basis that XL would probably be big enough for some quite beefy male hands! Oh well if they are too small I am sure someone in the flats will be grateful for them and I shall get some XL for me. Which would be depressing!!!!!

I can't remember if I mentioned that I got the Dew spray and Creightons gel hand sanitiser recommended somewhere on here. I like them both.

I just bought a box of disposable gloves on Amazon despite never using them so far in all this! I suppose they will do for colouring my hair if push comes to shove as the ones in the box never fit me. I have quite big hands for a woman so didn't know what size to get! I have ordered Large on the basis that XL would probably be big enough for some quite beefy male hands! Oh well if they are too small I am sure someone in the flats will be grateful for them and I shall get some XL for me. Which would be depressing!!!!!

I can't remember if I mentioned that I got the Dew spray and Creightons gel hand sanitiser recommended somewhere on here. I like them both.

I’m pleased you liked the Creightons stuff, Mazza. I must have another look at their website myself. Did you go direct or buy from Ideal World (Shopperholic posted the IW link, I think)?

PS I have quite big hands, too. I have small wrists but have to get huge bangles that go over my wide hands, then they go up and down my arm and drive me mad! Always buy Large in rubber gloves as well :(

I ordered several items from Creightons and there`s good comments about them in the link below regarding them being 100% cruelty free.

I ordered several items from Creightons and there`s good comments about them in the link below regarding them being 100% cruelty free.

Thanks, Vienna. I thought I had read that about them before I ordered but didn't want to state it on here in case I misled people.

I bought a box of 100 latex gloves from my small local supermarket about a month ago. I’ve only worn a pair twice when shopping, so I’ll keep the pairs that I don’t use for mucky jobs round the house, once this pandemic is over.

I also got hold of some NHS approved masks, but they’re still in their packs. They’re there in case we are told we must all wear them. As I’ve only been shopping in my small local shops where everyone instinctively observes social distancing I don’t feel the need to wear one.

I also had a stash of hand sanitizer in the house before the outbreak. Not because I’m psychic and saw into the future that a pandemic was on its way, but simply because I‘ve always used it when I was out and had picked up food to eat in the car.

I’m pleased you liked the Creightons stuff, Mazza. I must have another look at their website myself. Did you go direct or buy from Ideal World (Shopperholic posted the IW link, I think)?

PS I have quite big hands, too. I have small wrists but have to get huge bangles that go over my wide hands, then they go up and down my arm and drive me mad! Always buy Large in rubber gloves as well :(
I went direct to Creightons as I just wanted three small bottles for use when shopping etc. I don't use it often at home. I got three small bottles of Dew from Amazon.

I have just the same issue with bangles!!! I buy large in washing up gloves but these disposable ones can vary a lot I think, if hair dye boxes are anything to go by.

I bought a box of 100 latex gloves from my small local supermarket about a month ago. I’ve only worn a pair twice when shopping, so I’ll keep the pairs that I don’t use for mucky jobs round the house, once this pandemic is over.

I also got hold of some NHS approved masks, but they’re still in their packs. They’re there in case we are told we must all wear them. As I’ve only been shopping in my small local shops where everyone instinctively observes social distancing I don’t feel the need to wear one.

I also had a stash of hand sanitizer in the house before the outbreak. Not because I’m psychic and saw into the future that a pandemic was on its way, but simply because I‘ve always used it when I was out and had picked up food to eat in the car.
I went direct to Creightons as I just wanted three small bottles for use when shopping etc. I don't use it often at home. I got three small bottles of Dew from Amazon.

I have just the same issue with bangles!!! I buy large in washing up gloves but these disposable ones can vary a lot I think, if hair dye boxes are anything to go by.

I must say, I'm not getting through my hand sanitiser either. I was quite perturbed when I couldn't find any anywhere but haven't really missed it as I did/do quick runs to shops and wash my hands (and keys and credit cards - is this going too far??) as soon as I get in. Around the house, I just wash my hands a lot. I've always had anti-bac hand-wipes in my bag for eating on the go like you, Toril, and after being on trains. I would have just used gel but if I have read the paper, there's print to get rid of - the wipe comes away black!

I really hope we don't have to wear face masks. I hate having things covering my nose. And I'm sick to death of seeing dicarded ones in the streets - people are disgusting.

I hate the thought of wearing a mask. At the moment the only place I go to is the supermarket once or maybe twice a week and people seem pretty good on the whole at keeping their distance. Once other places reopen and the streets are busier or if/when I have to use public transport then the time may come to wear a mask but for now I`m opting out. One of our neighbours is a bus driver and he says the day is coming when they won`t allow people on the bus without a mask plus if he`s driving a single decker he`s only allowed to carry 10 passengers or 20 if its a double decker so people are waiting much longer for a bus with seats to spare.

I've noticed on public health adverts on TV in Scotland they are now starting to push the "wear a mask when you're out" narrative. I've got some but haven't worn them. You are asked to wear one on the bus but I don't think it's mandatory and the driver wears one as well.

CC

Groan!

Cartoon Strobbery 101856601_1021724113.jpg

From 15th June it’s going to be mandatory to wear face masks on public transport.

This will make no difference to me because I haven’t been on a bus since my son was 2 years old, haven’t been on a train since he was 8 and haven’t flown since 2004. Thank goodness I have a car!

Latest posts

Back