Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I haven’t picked up the M&S yet, most of my masks are from Etsy or Holyflaps, best not look on Holyflaps if you are easily offended 😂😂😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good old National Geographic said that temperature doesn't matter as long as detergents are used. I don't know about anyone else but I've had my fill of all these 'experts' constantly telling me how to do things, I've washed my cotton masks on a 40 degree wash & I'm sticking to that. I didn't import this sodding virus, dither about shutting down the country - Valance, Whitty & friends & I've followed the rules so their nagging now falls on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned
Isn't it the same as hand washing, did read somewhere water can be cold, it's the rubbing motion that counts. Just bought a couple of cotton masks from our local pharmacy £3. I will probably hand wash, my washing machine only goes to 40 degrees.

For washing masks, the easy way to do it is to spray it with Dew sanitiser.

Some on here may have remembered my posts about using Dew for hand sanitising and cleaning around the home (and some took the plunge and bought - hope you're still as happy as I am with it). Dew sells two products but only the Disinfect kills the viruses (the Superclean is the de-greaser version that kills most nasties but not all).

I've noticed lots of companies cropping up selling electrolysed water/hypochlorous acid recently. Several are selling on Boots.com for stupid prices (a tenner for a small bottle). Respro face masks sell a small bottle to disinfect their masks, too.

You'll still need to wash your masks to keep them clean of skin oils etc., but a spray of Dew on my hands before putting it on and taking it off and then a spray on the surfaces when it's off keeps me satisfied that I'm killing off any nasties that could get on my skin.
Is the Dew sanitiser a liquid rather than a gel? I’ve ordered a couple of mister bottles and wasn’t sure what to use in them. If this is a liquid it sounds ideal.

Is the Dew sanitiser a liquid rather than a gel? I’ve ordered a couple of mister bottles and wasn’t sure what to use in them. If this is a liquid it sounds ideal.
I love their products, a big thank you to alter ego for recommending them, & have bought quite a number of different ones. https://www.dewproducts.co.uk/

The hand sanitiser is a liquid spray but I dont know what other products they do.

Just had a small block drink as most were out. I nearly broke my limit! Luckily willpower kicked in and I got someone to take the last glass away so stuck at a half bottle. 👍
Wine or the hard stuff? 🤪 🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🍾

I haven’t picked up the M&S yet, most of my masks are from Etsy or Holyflaps, best not look on Holyflaps if you are easily offended 😂😂😂
I love Holyflaps & would love to be brave enough to wear one of their masks, I'm not but I do have some of their mugs 😇

I ordered a couple of masks from Etsy two weeks ago but, although they were due for delivery at the start of the week, I’ve still not received them. Luckily I have a couple of other re-usable ones and a box of 3 ply disposable ones which is just as well or I‘d stuck in the house waiting for the Etsy ones.

Wine or the hard stuff? 🤪 🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🍾
Wine! A nice cold rosé.

I bought some Etsy masks. I think the vendor was something like DapperandSuave? Well they came very quickly and they are very nice. They were in one of those magazine lists of the top 15or whatever masks. Another I got was from River Island but the parcel took forever (Hermes but may have been damaged?) and they are also rather narrow across the front. So I wouldn't recommend them at all. They have a slight Versace look to them but that's about all in their favour! DAndS have some nice patterns though.

Wine! A nice cold rosé.

I bought some Etsy masks. I think the vendor was something like DapperandSuave? Well they came very quickly and they are very nice. They were in one of those magazine lists of the top 15or whatever masks. Another I got was from River Island but the parcel took forever (Hermes but may have been damaged?) and they are also rather narrow across the front. So I wouldn't recommend them at all. They have a slight Versace look to them but that's about all in their favour! DAndS have some nice patterns though.
Their accessories are lovely & I've bought one with lemons & one with cows - a collection of 16 now which is ridiculous!

Marks are sold out in store and on line but you can ask to be emailed when back in stock.

Julia is on with Radley and mentioned that a tote would be suitable as a gym bag but Mr L thought she said GIN bag. Is 3 pm too.early for a pink gin?

BTW she is still going on about being a dancer - hell that must have been 30 bliddy years ago - get a grip woman.

Their accessories are lovely & I've bought one with lemons & one with cows - a collection of 16 now which is ridiculous!
I just had another look. I bought the navy one with lemons and the turquoise one with shells. I too have loads now plus boxes of disposables! And because of the foot injury I'm not going anywhere!!!!!

Cartoon Living Dill 116873204_33.jpg

I ordered a couple of masks from Etsy two weeks ago but, although they were due for delivery at the start of the week, I’ve still not received them. Luckily I have a couple of other re-usable ones and a box of 3 ply disposable ones which is just as well or I‘d stuck in the house waiting for the Etsy ones.

The postman must have sensed my previous post because the masks were delivered this afternoon. They’re well made, with the bonus addition of nose wire so they don’t fall down. Unfortunately the elastic loops were far too large which meant the mask didn’t sit properly, so I’m going to take them off and replace them with new loops tomorrow. I must have a smaller face than I thought. 😳

M&S do adjustable face masks, these are the kid's masks, and they had the adult masks as well, but I can't find them now.

Ah, here it is!

Last edited:
Marks are sold out in store and on line but you can ask to be emailed when back in stock.

Julia is on with Radley and mentioned that a tote would be suitable as a gym bag but Mr L thought she said GIN bag. Is 3 pm too.early for a pink gin?

BTW she is still going on about being a dancer - hell that must have been 30 bliddy years ago - get a grip woman.
3pm is the perfect time for a pnk gin, any gin actually 🍸

Have you tried tired a knot in the loops? I have to do that with all masks

That was the first thing I tried, because I do that on the disposable ones, but the loops were so long that I’d have needed a string of knots.

I’ve now sewn new elastic loops onto them and they’re fine now. 🙂 I decided to do it today, rather than tomorrow as I’d originally planned.

I’ll be honest though - I actually prefer the 3-ply disposable ones. If you knot the loops near the mask and then push the ‘sticky out’ bit into the inside of the mask, you get a really good seal, there’s a bit more material at the front which means you can breathe without the mask getting stuck to you and they’re a lot cooler to wear. There are videos on YouTube if my description is too garbled to follow. 😉

The postman must have sensed my previous post because the masks were delivered this afternoon. They’re well made, with the bonus addition of nose wire so they don’t fall down. Unfortunately the elastic loops were far too large which meant the mask didn’t sit properly, so I’m going to take them off and replace them with new loops tomorrow. I must have a smaller face than I thought. 😳
Just tie a knot in the elastic to reduce them in size Tying a knot near the nose piece makes them sit more snugly on the side of the nose

Just tie a knot in the elastic to reduce them in size Tying a knot near the nose piece makes them sit more snugly on the side of the nose

As I mentioned before, the loops were so long (they must have been catering for people with enormous heads) that I’d have needed to knot each loop numerous times. The nose fitting isn’t an issue because there is wire inside the mask which means it can be bent into a safe, secure position. The only option was to replace the loops with new ones which I dud yesterday and the masks are fine now. I still prefer the disposable masks though although they’re hardly the height of fashion.

Latest posts

Back