Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Proper registered pedigree cat breeders make the buyer sign that the kitten at 6 months had to be spayed or neutered. You can still show neutered cats. They will take the buyer to small claims court if they find out they have been breeding from their bloodline. Like dogs the certificate you get goes back generations also health checks that they do not have feline cancer in the genes etc.

I joined a Burmese cat group on Facebook people from all over the world belong. Some ask for recommendations for breeders if looking for a cat or kitten? That is actually a great way to find a dog or cat or contact the breed club. Avoids backstreet breeders there is not just the farms.

The days of people walking into a charity and rehoming a dog are long gone.

They will if luck match you with what they consider the right dog for you.

If you work, no. Unless someone is at home all day they will allow.
Children under usually under 10, no
Other animals in the home, perhaps.

They will do a home check as well.

What worries me is that we are hearing more and more about dogs being stolen for whatever reason. Carter is a beautiful boy but he has been neutered so is no good for breeding and I worry that if he was stolen what would happen to him when the ne'er do wells find that out? I wouldn't dare mention it to our daughter as she sees him as her golden boy, despite him being black.

Mr Twirl says that when he was a lad many, many years ago that he got all of his dogs from the pound at the police station! 😄

My oldest son and his family had a Cavalier King Charles called Martha. She had been rescued from a puppy farm and she was the most timid creature when they first got her. She was about 3 years old and signs showed she`d already had several litters. She was scared of everything and for days she just sat in the corner quivering and was obviously traumatised even though when rescued she`d spent a number of weeks being cared for in a rescue centre.
The farm where she`d been held was raided by the police and rspca and they found dozens of dogs in terrible conditions and litters of pups crammed together in small crates. Martha was just one of them but with lots of patience and lots of love she eventually came out of her shell and grew accustomed to having space, a garden and human contact.
Sadly her health was never great and that was probably down to poor breeding from her parents, neglect and never having been seen by a vet let alone fed properly or being cared for. They had her for 6 years but last year her heart gave out and she collapsed with heart failure but had 6 years of love, fun and happiness.
During the pandemic many rescue centres have closed their doors to adoption because they know people are buying dogs for the wrong reasons and after the pandemic and when people return to work, holidays etc they expect a surge of unwanted pets.
We have a large rescue centre not far from us and their doors have been shut for almost a year for the above reason but also because of covid itself. When our Bronte died a few weeks ago we had a big unopened sack of dry food so Mr V rang the centre who said they`d gratefully have it but to just leave it outside the gates and they`d collect it.
I donate to a website called 1 dog at a time and they rescue street dogs in Romania plus pregnant Mums and litters. They also have a facebook page and have regular raffles. They have a sanctuary where the dogs are treated by a vet, innoculated, neutered , can have their pups in safety and are then brought to the UK for rehoming. Some of the dogs have been ill treated whilst on the streets and you may find some clips on their facebook page too difficult to read.
Here`s the link to their website for anybody who may be considering rescuing in the future.

I don't think (I hope not) it's that particular place but my friend is a vet nurse and says her head vet has been looking into these charities that 'rescue abandoned animals' from former Eastern Bloc countries.

He's found that many of them are actually a huge scam and a front for puppy farms over there AND over here. They are run by gangs that are making huge amounts of money from people kind enough to donate or re-home (at a large cost!). Dogs are very easy to breed and even easier with mixed breeds these days as there are no papers for them.

There's a notorious gang in Cyprus that actually lets loose dogs deliberately left in poor condition and beaten until cowed so that tourists seeing the poor things will try to adopt where the 'helpful' local person who knows a 'sanctuary' can sort everything out. Again at huge cost.

He's taken this up with his MP but it seems that it's on the back-burner with all the 'more important' issues. He's not going to let it go and is now trying to find a production company to make a documentary about charities that have been set up enabling these gangs (it's really easy to do apparently). Or they'll scam an established small charity in this country to help out by linking with one abroad.

Please, please be aware that sometimes these charities are not all that they seem. Bringing animals into this country is very stressful for them as they're NOT all (in fact, rarely) brought in by air. They're packed like sardines into the back of vans to travel to Calais where the gangs then have people waiting to take them over on pet passports (if lucky - some gangs just bring them over in a special compartment built into the top of lorry containers), then they're loaded into vans again with no water or food to be transported to the charity or just dumped on the new owner.

It's a horrifying business that needs to be stopped but people can see no further than their new cute dog that they've bought online or the dogs they're supposedly supporting with donations. Be very careful as usually, the sadder the story the stronger the link with one of these gangs.

If you want to donate please try to find a local charity that you can visit in person (not ideal at the moment) to see the work they do and the animals they help. It's all too easy for these gangs to put up photos and video - the vet has evidence of several 'charities' using the same ones! Be aware that these criminal gangs can be very devious with their methods and ruthless with both the animals and the people they use in order to get their money. They have no problem targeting small charities in this country then disappearing if they find they're being investigated - as my friend's boss has found with two small charities just outside London.

Alternatively, at least until you can find one local you want to support, try Dogstrust.org.uk as they have centres all over the UK and unlike the RSPCA they don't put a time limit on how long an animal is with them before putting them down.

I truly hope my friend's boss puts an end to these gangs and all this misery for the animals they deal with.

I don't think (I hope not) it's that particular place but my friend is a vet nurse and says her head vet has been looking into these charities that 'rescue abandoned animals' from former Eastern Bloc countries.

He's found that many of them are actually a huge scam and a front for puppy farms over there AND over here. They are run by gangs that are making huge amounts of money from people kind enough to donate or re-home (at a large cost!). Dogs are very easy to breed and even easier with mixed breeds these days as there are no papers for them.

There's a notorious gang in Cyprus that actually lets loose dogs deliberately left in poor condition and beaten until cowed so that tourists seeing the poor things will try to adopt where the 'helpful' local person who knows a 'sanctuary' can sort everything out. Again at huge cost.

He's taken this up with his MP but it seems that it's on the back-burner with all the 'more important' issues. He's not going to let it go and is now trying to find a production company to make a documentary about charities that have been set up enabling these gangs (it's really easy to do apparently). Or they'll scam an established small charity in this country to help out by linking with one abroad.

Please, please be aware that sometimes these charities are not all that they seem. Bringing animals into this country is very stressful for them as they're NOT all (in fact, rarely) brought in by air. They're packed like sardines into the back of vans to travel to Calais where the gangs then have people waiting to take them over on pet passports (if lucky - some gangs just bring them over in a special compartment built into the top of lorry containers), then they're loaded into vans again with no water or food to be transported to the charity or just dumped on the new owner.

It's a horrifying business that needs to be stopped but people can see no further than their new cute dog that they've bought online or the dogs they're supposedly supporting with donations. Be very careful as usually, the sadder the story the stronger the link with one of these gangs.

If you want to donate please try to find a local charity that you can visit in person (not ideal at the moment) to see the work they do and the animals they help. It's all too easy for these gangs to put up photos and video - the vet has evidence of several 'charities' using the same ones! Be aware that these criminal gangs can be very devious with their methods and ruthless with both the animals and the people they use in order to get their money. They have no problem targeting small charities in this country then disappearing if they find they're being investigated - as my friend's boss has found with two small charities just outside London.

Alternatively, at least until you can find one local you want to support, try Dogstrust.org.uk as they have centres all over the UK and unlike the RSPCA they don't put a time limit on how long an animal is with them before putting them down.

I truly hope my friend's boss puts an end to these gangs and all this misery for the animals they deal with.
That's truly shocking.
A neighbour of ours was bragging about a new job that he had a couple of years ago. He was transporting pets abroad when the owners have moved there although why the owner can't do it seems strange to me.
Anyway, I have seen him trying to get his own dog out of his car and punched it in the face twice when he /she didn't cooperate.
I wouldn't trust him with a rocking horse let alone a cherished pet.

Cartoon nit-picking 172271855_103878.jpg

Yep there are many unscrupulous people abroad and in this Country too. The rescue organisation I mentioned is a fully registered charity and nobody on the board of trustees gets paid nor do they only deal in puppies. I have supported them for a while and their facebook page is open, transparent and filled with comments from people who have adopted either puppies or older dogs from them, plus they don`t adopt out puppies until they are several months old, fully vaccinated, and/or neutered and most of their dogs are adults, many have had major surgery at their expense and they are very choosy about who adopts them and give a full biography of each dog, problems and all .
The link below is registered with the Government and you click on each side tab and it shows their income, outgoings and work ethic and methods. There are many bad people in this World, not just in Romania, my son`s rescue cavalier was found at a puppy farm in Wales but thankfully there are still some genuine organisations around. They are non profit making and their accounts are submitted yearly as you will see in the link.
Here`s the link to their facebook page too.

It makes you wonder how all the good folk in the country are managing to give a pet a very happy and healthy life if they dare to work or have children!

I sometimes think that box ticking has gone mad.

Yep there are many unscrupulous people abroad and in this Country too. The rescue organisation I mentioned is a fully registered charity and nobody on the board of trustees gets paid nor do they only deal in puppies. I have supported them for a while and their facebook page is open, transparent and filled with comments from people who have adopted either puppies or older dogs from them, plus they don`t adopt out puppies until they are several months old, fully vaccinated, and/or neutered and most of their dogs are adults, many have had major surgery at their expense and they are very choosy about who adopts them and give a full biography of each dog, problems and all .
The link below is registered with the Government and you click on each side tab and it shows their income, outgoings and work ethic and methods. There are many bad people in this World, not just in Romania, my son`s rescue cavalier was found at a puppy farm in Wales but thankfully there are still some genuine organisations around. They are non profit making and their accounts are submitted yearly as you will see in the link.
Here`s the link to their facebook page too.

I'm glad your charity isn't involved, Vienna.

There have been a few puppy farms in West Wales that have been closed but they keep re-opening and have got clever using other people as the link by showing the puppies they're charging the most for at a private home. The joys of being in the middle of nowhere so neighbours can't keep an eye open for stuff like this. There have also been links to the Traveller community both to these farms and to a large number of dog thefts in South Wales. It's a huge money-making business that profits from misery. The puppies not sold are drowned. These people are ruthless and dangerous! This is one of the leads my friend's boss is following. He's had a few anonymous threats that's he's taking seriously but that the police can do nothing about.

Facebook is another fantastic way for them to sell without hecks, too, so I'd again suggest that if you know of anyone looking to buy a pet to not buy through FB ads.

As Vienna has given the link I'd recommend everyone check their charity - though a charity is so easy to set up and close especially if you know what you're doing as these dodgy people do. For the cost of a few puppies for a real one or a lot of cheek - the common tact is to set up a fake charity or one that says charitable status applied for - it's done.

It's actually quite heartbreaking for the genuine charities that rely on donations to see potential donations go to these robbing barsterwards.

I'm glad your charity isn't involved, Vienna.

There have been a few puppy farms in West Wales that have been closed but they keep re-opening and have got clever using other people as the link by showing the puppies they're charging the most for at a private home. The joys of being in the middle of nowhere so neighbours can't keep an eye open for stuff like this. There have also been links to the Traveller community both to these farms and to a large number of dog thefts in South Wales. It's a huge money-making business that profits from misery. The puppies not sold are drowned. These people are ruthless and dangerous! This is one of the leads my friend's boss is following. He's had a few anonymous threats that's he's taking seriously but that the police can do nothing about.

Facebook is another fantastic way for them to sell without hecks, too, so I'd again suggest that if you know of anyone looking to buy a pet to not buy through FB ads.

As Vienna has given the link I'd recommend everyone check their charity - though a charity is so easy to set up and close especially if you know what you're doing as these dodgy people do. For the cost of a few puppies for a real one or a lot of cheek - the common tact is to set up a fake charity or one that says charitable status applied for - it's done.

It's actually quite heartbreaking for the genuine charities that rely on donations to see potential donations go to these robbing barsterwards.
Yep the one I posted was registered as a charity in 2016 and their yearly accounts since then are posted in full. I`m not a person who gives lightly and much like yourself I need to know my money is going to a genuine cause and something i carefully monitor before donating. If they were a con then they`d have gone by now and wouldn`t be so open either on their website, on HMRC or facebook.

It makes you wonder how all the good folk in the country are managing to give a pet a very happy and healthy life if they dare to work or have children!

I sometimes think that box ticking has gone mad.

My friend works a full day but has never really house-trained her dog and just leaves her to do her business on some newspaper. Not so bad for a little dog but a bit much for a very energetic Collie/Spaniel cross. She rarely walks her either.

She lied on her adoption form. She had a visit from the home she used but it's pretty easy to put on a front with a few willing family members. The dog has everything a dog doesn't need - a flash coat (for non-walks), lots of expensive toys (furniture is so much nicer!), but the poor thing only gets taken on walks once a week by her dad. Her previous dog was a lovely old ex-racing greyhound who loved the sofa and wasn't interested in walks but the new dog is energetic and bored.

My friend wanted a new dog so SHE could get exercise! We all knew that wasn't going to happen but it seems to have been a common theme during lockdown.

I can see the point in re-homing rules as a lot of people just aren't responsible enough to have a pet and keep it properly. My ex's cousin and sister went through several dogs while we were together. They'd let the kids tease and torment the dogs until they snapped then they'd say the dog was bad, have it put down and buy another new puppy.

I just wish that instead of box-ticking and hoop-jumping they'd have a good look at how the family interacts with the dog they're hoping to adopt.

I still don't agree with adopting a dog from abroad, and do agree with much of this article: https://www.theguardian.com/global/...ute-but-should-we-rescue-romanias-street-dogs but I can't deny how caring the people are who try to help.

Someone Mr V knows had a litter of French bulldog pups and also their Mother stolen during the night. The woman who owned them had advertised them from birth on all social media platforms and had enquiries from all over the Country. There were 9 pups which was a huge litter for a Frenchie and each pup was priced at well over £2,000 .
The theft was reported on local TV and they offered a large reward for information. Luckily the pups were found in a house in Liverpool and the Mother was with them.
One of my sons is a Police Sgt in the Greater Manchester area which is a huge area and he says they are inundated with reports of stolen dogs and stolen pups. It`s BIG money but sometimes owners don`t help themselves. They advertise too soon, they don`t question prospective buyers enough and they go out to work all day and leave a vulnerable house which is open to robbery.
The 9 pups above would have netted around £20K for the thieves plus whatever they sold the Mother for or used her to breed another litter. They answer adverts pretending to be interested buyers, ask to see the litter and then once they know where the house is and where in the house the pups are kept plus take note of any security devices and then they just bide their time until owners are out or in bed.

I abhor cruelty to any animal as I believe all right minded people do. One of the houses that young Twirlette visits has a friendly old ginger moggy. The children shaved its back so the dopey mare of a mother tried to sort it out and made it worse. Now they are going to get him a jumper because he keeps scratching. These people shouldn't be allowed to breed let alone have animals entrusted to their care 😡
Oops! I almost typed breath instead of breed. Is that a Freudian slip? 🤔

Someone Mr V knows had a litter of French bulldog pups and also their Mother stolen during the night. The woman who owned them had advertised them from birth on all social media platforms and had enquiries from all over the Country. There were 9 pups which was a huge litter for a Frenchie and each pup was priced at well over £2,000 .
The theft was reported on local TV and they offered a large reward for information. Luckily the pups were found in a house in Liverpool and the Mother was with them.
One of my sons is a Police Sgt in the Greater Manchester area which is a huge area and he says they are inundated with reports of stolen dogs and stolen pups. It`s BIG money but sometimes owners don`t help themselves. They advertise too soon, they don`t question prospective buyers enough and they go out to work all day and leave a vulnerable house which is open to robbery.
The 9 pups above would have netted around £20K for the thieves plus whatever they sold the Mother for or used her to breed another litter. They answer adverts pretending to be interested buyers, ask to see the litter and then once they know where the house is and where in the house the pups are kept plus take note of any security devices and then they just bide their time until owners are out or in bed.

They also have scanners and have cut chips out of chipped animals. I hate to imagine how they do it because I can't see them bothering with anesthetic.

My friend's boss said they're breeding stolen mums with their own pups to maximise profits. They're even forging KC documents, not that many people seem bothered these days.

I abhor cruelty to any animal as I believe all right minded people do. One of the houses that young Twirlette visits has a friendly old ginger moggy. The children shaved its back so the dopey mare of a mother tried to sort it out and made it worse. Now they are going to get him a jumper because he keeps scratching. These people shouldn't be allowed to breed let alone have animals entrusted to their care 😡
Oops! I almost typed breath instead of breed. Is that a Freudian slip? 🤔

I suppose a pic of the cat in a new cute jumper will end up on FB or Insta being liked by all and sundry.

Another friend of mine would always say we're breeding stupid these days if we came across some particularly idiotic behaviour pre-Covid. I have to agree with him at times, especially when it comes to people who have never kept a pet before parting with huge amounts of money for an animal they have no idea how to keep properly or where it came from just because they look cute on social media.

Watching that Dogs Behaving Badly just shines a light on how clueless some people are.

Last edited:
I have just read on our local paper that the body of a Sheltie pup has been found with a head injury. Chip shows that he was born 20/06/20 and linked to a pet passport showing that he was bought here from Belgium last November. Poor baby 😔

I have just read on our local paper that the body of a Sheltie pup has been found with a head injury. Chip shows that he was born 20/06/20 and linked to a pet passport showing that he was bought here from Belgium last November. Poor baby 😔

I wonder if he'll ever recover? I'd imagine that he's seen a lot more than his fair share of cruelty. Another reason I'm not a fan of bringing animals into this country - apart from the trauma they suffer, the more people that buy, the more the unscrupulous breeders will breed.

Latest posts

Back