Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sadly wherever people buy their pups from, whether its this Country or other, there will always be people who will ill treat them. A lot of people just don`t realise how time consuming and destructive a new pup can be and that they don`t come ready house trained or able to understand commands. It takes time and patience plus the ability to realise its the human who has to ensure Rex doesnt get the opportunity to chew their chippendale chairs or to dig up their prize roses.
One of my ex neighbours bought a german shepherd pup which they literally tossed outside and then shut the door and the poor little thing would just cry because he didn`t realise what he was out there for. After hearing him crying many times I then spoke to the owner and told her she needed to be out in the garden with him and wait and watch and when he performed to give him a treat and praise him and eventually the penny would drop. Her reply was " I`ve got 3 kids I don`t have time to do stuff like that ", well in my opinion you shouldn`t have got a dog dear. A few months later the dog was no more and I`ve no idea what happened to it.
A friend of my oldest son bought a labrador pup and they locked him in the kitchen whilst they both went to work. The dog literally ate their kitchen, he wrecked it, he was bored, lonely and teething so he chewed whatever was handy ie their kitchen cupboards.
Mr V`s estranged daughter bought a chihuaha for her teenage daughter who wanted a handbag dog she could dress up as a fashion accessory and in all the time she had that dog it never went for a walk and never went further than their back garden. Consequently it became highly strung and scared of everything and a pain in the butt for biting.
And so it goes on, lots of people owning lots of dogs which often ends in sadness and pain for the dog.

I wonder if he'll ever recover? I'd imagine that he's seen a lot more than his fair share of cruelty. Another reason I'm not a fan of bringing animals into this country - apart from the trauma they suffer, the more people that buy, the more the unscrupulous breeders will breed.
I'm afraid not, it was his little dead body tied up in a plastic bag that was found.

I had friends who had a bulldog pup. He became VERY big very fast, and he was a chewer... unfortunately they were antique dealers, so it was a disaster. Fortunately they had a friend who was a former police dog handler, so he was rehomed to a great home with an experienced owner. Bulldogs are lovely affectionate dogs, but not for inexperienced dog owners.

It really doesn’t do you any favours to put pets on social media, I see a giant rabbit has been stolen now after the news running a story about supposedly being the largest one in the world, heaven knows what the thieves will do with it as it’s too old for breeding, just plain wickednes.😡

I hate pets dressed in clothes! 🤬
I thought it was just me not being a pet owner!

Do dogs really need a jacket - is that not what their natural coat is for? If they find it so cold and wet in UK weather is it because they have been overbred?

Serious question- I know very little about dogs. Since both of us worked full time all our lives and we have no family to step in I never thought it was fair to leave one all day in a small garden.

Sorry Bettyboo, N.I. we are not going out to any shops etc. There are 25 people allowed at a wedding from today though.
No I am giving the shops the big E. I have managed for the last year but, I have got a hair appointment next Wednesday. Went for a walk and the traffic round here is back to pre March lockdown levels.

I had to laugh at a joke that our daughter sent me - what has 800 legs and 18 teeth? The queue outside Primark. 🤭
Sorry @stratobuddy I know that you are the real comedian.
🤣🤣🤣

Cartoon cat goldfish 171541621_1846584978.png

It really doesn’t do you any favours to put pets on social media, I see a giant rabbit has been stolen now after the news running a story about supposedly being the largest one in the world, heaven knows what the thieves will do with it as it’s too old for breeding, just plain wickednes.😡
It happened a few miles away from us & those who took him got into his enclosure. I can't understand why the owners were so naive, careless or both.

I must admit that Charlie did have a little selection of coats and did have his own thick, black and white curly coat that kept him warm. We used to pop a coat on him when it was raining because we thought that it wasn't nice spending most of the day wet. Plus, because he only had little legs, his belly was close to the ground and used to get very dirty in wet weather.
If only others were as sensible as you regarding pet ownership.

Do dogs really need a jacket - is that not what their natural coat is for? If they find it so cold and wet in UK weather is it because they have been overbred?

Serious question- I know very little about dogs. Since both of us worked full time all our lives and we have no family to step in I never thought it was fair to leave one all day in a small Garden.

We used to take Charlie out in all weather. Rain, snow or shine he never missed his daily constitutional.

Re Dogs Trust, we got Perry from DT and they were quite picky with us and we had a home visit. It's just the two of us and we rarely have other people in the house so we were ideal as Perry was a really nervous, timid little dog. Our Border Terrier was a really difficult dog as well. There's no way either of those dogs could have gone to a family or someone who had a lot of visitors or who didn't have a garden of some sort. Dogs in rescues have no end of baggage and many if not nearly all have difficulties so they can't go to just anyone or they'll be passed on yet again or end up biting or displaying behavioural issues. I don't believe there are a lot of dogs in shelters because their owners have died or moved or whatever. Most of them are there because owners couldn't deal with whatever the problem is or couldn't be bothered to try.

Bry is your dream dog, he came with no issues except he wants to be walked 100 times a day, you can't eat anything without his wee face silently saying "gie's a bit" and he always steals the warmest bit of the bed. No dog is perfect. He won't wear clothes either!

CC

Sadly wherever people buy their pups from, whether its this Country or other, there will always be people who will ill treat them. A lot of people just don`t realise how time consuming and destructive a new pup can be and that they don`t come ready house trained or able to understand commands. It takes time and patience plus the ability to realise its the human who has to ensure Rex doesnt get the opportunity to chew their chippendale chairs or to dig up their prize roses.
One of my ex neighbours bought a german shepherd pup which they literally tossed outside and then shut the door and the poor little thing would just cry because he didn`t realise what he was out there for. After hearing him crying many times I then spoke to the owner and told her she needed to be out in the garden with him and wait and watch and when he performed to give him a treat and praise him and eventually the penny would drop. Her reply was " I`ve got 3 kids I don`t have time to do stuff like that ", well in my opinion you shouldn`t have got a dog dear. A few months later the dog was no more and I`ve no idea what happened to it.
A friend of my oldest son bought a labrador pup and they locked him in the kitchen whilst they both went to work. The dog literally ate their kitchen, he wrecked it, he was bored, lonely and teething so he chewed whatever was handy ie their kitchen cupboards.
Mr V`s estranged daughter bought a chihuaha for her teenage daughter who wanted a handbag dog she could dress up as a fashion accessory and in all the time she had that dog it never went for a walk and never went further than their back garden. Consequently it became highly strung and scared of everything and a pain in the butt for biting.
And so it goes on, lots of people owning lots of dogs which often ends in sadness and pain for the dog.

I can, unfortunately, imagine what your ex-neighbour's children are like with a mother like that.

I'm afraid not, it was his little dead body tied up in a plastic bag that was found.

That made me cry.

Serious question- I know very little about dogs. Since both of us worked full time all our lives and we have no family to step in I never thought it was fair to leave one all day in a small garden.

We have a Springer Spaniel who is walked miles every day rain or shine. She loves water and will dive into a river in the middle of winter if not held back (though even if she escapes the lead a good shake when out and a run around later has her warm and dry by the time she's home. She'd have a coat off and ripped to shreds in seconds.

Only small short-haired breeds need a coat.

The jackets and jumpers are for the owners that really should have stuck with dolls.

Back in 2019 the pensioner below me her old dog died, so her daughter went to local charity and picked one for her. Archie was a white poodle type and picked because he was the quietest one there suppose to be 5 or over.

Archie was part mountain goat and barked like mad when she went out shopping. I said to her that dog is not 5 more like 2-3, he had been found as a stray it seemed. She did walk him but not far she was 80, and I said I would take him out once a day for her. I walked him must have been 2 miles at least each day. She finally said to me this dog is too much for me. Anyway there is a pensioner who lives up the park from us who already had two small dogs, and he took Archie. I see him out at least three times a day walking the dogs. I have always talked to him anyway, asked how Archie was getting on? Oh, Archie, always looked over at me when we passed so knew who I was. The man had taken him to the vet to get neutered and turned out Archie was 2 years old.

I haven't owned a dog since my Amber died of a heart attack just before I moved to where I live now. Since I moved to an upstairs out working very unfair to get another dog.

As I have mentioned I joined a Burmese Group on Facebook. Now people go a cat is a cat no. Personally wise they can be very different long hair flat face need a lot of grooming and their eyes cleaned every day. People come on the Burmese Group asking advice etc which is good. Last week one woman was why is my kitten crying all the time? Er, Burmese are orientals and very vocal, if you cannot handle that then never get one. I got my first Burmese after reading up on different breed, and they were described as very dog like in their personally. They will walk on harness and lead, retrieve etc.

Back in 2019 the pensioner below me her old dog died, so her daughter went to local charity and picked one for her. Archie was a white poodle type and picked because he was the quietest one there suppose to be 5 or over.

Archie was part mountain goat and barked like mad when she went out shopping. I said to her that dog is not 5 more like 2-3, he had been found as a stray it seemed. She did walk him but not far she was 80, and I said I would take him out once a day for her. I walked him must have been 2 miles at least each day. She finally said to me this dog is too much for me. Anyway there is a pensioner who lives up the park from us who already had two small dogs, and he took Archie. I see him out at least three times a day walking the dogs. I have always talked to him anyway, asked how Archie was getting on? Oh, Archie, always looked over at me when we passed so knew who I was. The man had taken him to the vet to get neutered and turned out Archie was 2 years old.

I haven't owned a dog since my Amber died of a heart attack just before I moved to where I live now. Since I moved to an upstairs out working very unfair to get another dog.

As I have mentioned I joined a Burmese Group on Facebook. Now people go a cat is a cat no. Personally wise they can be very different long hair flat face need a lot of grooming and their eyes cleaned every day. People come on the Burmese Group asking advice etc which is good. Last week one woman was why is my kitten crying all the time? Er, Burmese are orientals and very vocal, if you cannot handle that then never get one. I got my first Burmese after reading up on different breed, and they were described as very dog like in their personally. They will walk on harness and lead, retrieve etc.
That's so interesting about Burmese.

When I retire I have been considering getting a dog (so will educate myself properly and see how can get hands on experience before getting a dog if I am still up to in, and up for it)... I was considering Basenji, and they are apparently quite a cat-like breed 😁
I have had cats before, though, so maybe a Burmese could be an option if eventually I am not a suitable dog owner.

Latest posts

Back