Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was furious this morning. House phone rang and it was an Indian female voice pretending to be from Microsoft to "help" me with issues on my computer. I hung up straightaway as I always do with such calls.
About an hour later the house phone rang again and it was another Indian female voice yet again pretending to be from Microsoft and wanting to speak to me about issues with my computer.
This time I didn`t hang up but said " There are millions of people dying in your Country and my Country is offering help and yet here you are trying to scam money out of people, you`re disgusting". For once they hung up before I did !

I was furious this morning. House phone rang and it was an Indian female voice pretending to be from Microsoft to "help" me with issues on my computer. I hung up straightaway as I always do with such calls.
About an hour later the house phone rang again and it was another Indian female voice yet again pretending to be from Microsoft and wanting to speak to me about issues with my computer.
This time I didn`t hang up but said " There are millions of people dying in your Country and my Country is offering help and yet here you are trying to scam money out of people, you`re disgusting". For once they hung up before I did !
What a great reply. Well done! The best I could manage to a couple of young Indian men calling about having identified something suspicious (on the Microsoft computer I don't have) was "Does your mother know you are a liar and a cheat and is she proud?". They hung up on me, too. But your response is tons better.

Just got my second AZ jab this afternoon. Arrived early, and they took me early and when the volunteers came out and called names a few hadn't arrived on time. Wish I could get the card laminated but nowhere seems to do it. So bought a plastic clear card cover on eBay says it is the right size for the vaccine cards.
Did you get another sticker?

Bois Bear, here is the intro from the Barnett Formula. You can wade through the rest if you chose?:eek: But it is long.

Number 7386, 21 April 2021 4 1.The formula1.1IntroductionThe devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland receive grants from the UK Government, which fund much of their spending. The Barnett formula determines how the largest of these grants – the block grants – change from one year to the next. The Barnett formula aims to give each country the same pounds-per-person change in funding as the change in funding for comparable government services in England.1 For instance if the funding for education in England increases by the equivalent of £100 per person, the devolved administrations’ block grants will increase by £100 per person. In general, if a service is devolved it is considered to be comparable. The devolved administrations can spend the Barnett-formula-determined block grant as they wish. If block grants increase because education spending has increased in England, the devolved administrations do not have to spend the additional money on education. The formula is mainly used at spending reviews, where UK Government departments’ budgets are set. The formula uses the change in UK Government departments’ budgets to calculate the annual change in the devolved administrations’ budgets. The UK Government may change departments’ budgets outside of the spending review, perhaps at other fiscal events such as the Budget. If this happens the Barnett formula is again used to calculate changes to the block grant, but the formula is applied to the individual spending programme rather than at the department level.

It says the formula aims to get each people in which ever country the same amount pound per head for all four.
Thanks for that, but I am already familiar with what it’s trying to do, but it doesnt work. The last figures I saw showed NI spent 25% more per capita than England. Unless the tax income per capita is 25% higher NI is being subsidised by other parts of the UK.

Did you get another sticker?
Yes, I did. The nurse wrote details from the vial and then peeled it off and put it on my card.

Now, in the same room the other side and behind a curtain a different nurse was dealing with someone and their knee problem!😮😮 Yes, I could hear them talking. At first, I thought they were also getting their jab, but then I heard about pain bending the knee and fluid:ROFLMAO: I was oh! But I suppose space was needed for normal nurse appointments.

Thanks for that, but I am already familiar with what it’s trying to do, but it doesnt work. The last figures I saw showed NI spent 25% more per capita than England. Unless the tax income per capita is 25% higher NI is being subsidised by other parts of the UK.
I have no idea, all I know is our food needs to be imported apart from potatoes, and some veg. Irish beef and lamb is very expensive hence people buy supermarkets. Food has always been more expensive here, even a basic loaf of bread. Some years back there was an ad for something for the Co.op normal everyday food thing. I went to my local Co.op, and they said the offer did not apply to N.I. it was still full price here. Yet the ad was a national one.

Why not write to your MP and ask as they would be the one who could supply the answer? The main employer in N.I is the public sector, this was started with Maggie Thatcher. In recent years more private companies came over usually banking and I.T. film industry as improved as well. Because of the Troubles many companies pulled out as who wants to run a business that gets blown up on a regular basis and then of course went on from 1969 until the early 00s.

Cartoon bird song 181495199_18203512.jpg

Seems Belfast is going to do tours for Line Of Duty fans. So the Game of Thrones tours out in the countryside and now bus tours the bottom of my park they filmed season 5 scenes there. Down Mount Merrion Ave and the flats were Tony Boyle was arrested Cregagh Flats season 6. I do admit doing spot where they are in Belfast whilst watching.

Seems Belfast is going to do tours for Line Of Duty fans. So the Game of Thrones tours out in the countryside and now bus tours the bottom of my park they filmed season 5 scenes there. Down Mount Merrion Ave and the flats were Tony Boyle was arrested Cregagh Flats season 6. I do admit doing spot where they are in Belfast whilst watching.
Donna, have you been through that graffiti covered underpass where they used to meet up in secret?
I'm assuming it's in Belfast :unsure:

My late husband`s sister lived in a huge high rise block many years ago. Her daughter was only a toddler at the time and still in a push chair. The lifts were always out of order and when in use they were often used as toilets or sprayed with paint and vandalised. Frequently she had to struggle up several flights of steps with a push chair, a toddler and her shopping. The landings between floors were covered in graffiti and the supposed childrens playground outside was ruined by feral teens. Thankfully she was only there a short time and was rehoused into a proper house with a garden and in a nicer part of Glasgow.

Latest posts

Back