Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IMG_5097.jpg

A pensioner drove his brand new BMW to 100 mph, looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a police car behind him. He floored it to 140 , then 150, ... then 155, ... Suddenly he thought,
"I'm too old for this nonsense !"

So he pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the police car to catch up with him.

The officer walked up to him, looked at his watch and said,
"Sir, my shift ends in ten minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off for the weekend with my family. If you can give me a good reason that I've never heard before, why you were speeding... I'll let you go."

The Man looked very seriously at the police man, and replied :-
"Years ago, my wife ran off with a policeman, I thought you were bringing her back." !!!

The Cop left saying,
" Have a good day, Sir "...

I don't follow fashion, but I watch the Grand Prix, and all the millionaire drivers and team owners (men) are walking around with trousers like this, or even tighter, so you can see the bends in their bones like above; this design seems to emphasise it more than bare legs.

So I assume this is the latest fashion, do they have them on QVC?

Thanks Lati that has brightened a very stressful day trying to speak to my doctor's surgery, two phone calls taking 25 minutes in a phone queue each time and getting a very unhelpful response both times. I can't order my medication till I have a review but can't have one(just a phone call from a doctor till 7th October!!!) Medication much needed as it runs out in 4 days, part of which is pain relief, stroppy husband will try tomorrow!
Sorry folks for the moan. As for Hamilton, words fail me!

Did you see the photograph of that knobhead Hamilton looking like a cross between Gok’s oversized plaid shirt and Stevie Wonder dressing in the dark yet I’m sure it cost zillions to look like the biggest dickhead.
Don't even mention his hairstyle ! It was all sticking out at the back like daggers. He was also dressed entirely in orange at one time.

It looks like he's wearing a dress.

Last edited:
Thanks Lati that has brightened a very stressful day trying to speak to my doctor's surgery, two phone calls taking 25 minutes in a phone queue each time and getting a very unhelpful response both times. I can't order my medication till I have a review but can't have one(just a phone call from a doctor till 7th October!!!) Medication much needed as it runs out in 4 days, part of which is pain relief, stroppy husband will try tomorrow!
Sorry folks for the moan. As for Hamilton, words fail me!
You really need to complain, officially & immediately. Contact the ombudsman, your MP & Mr Javid, who today has ordered 1000 surgeries to open their doors. Your taxes pay for every aspect of this so-called service & it's letting you down. When I was 16 I read The Millstone by Margaret Drabble, the protagonist had a baby daughter, who was in hospital & a nurse wouldn't let her visit so she closed her eyes, took a deep breath & started to scream. After several minutes of chaos she was taken to see her child, this made a big impression on me & while I don't suggest doing the same these uncooperative people need to use common sense & humanity.

Thanks for the kind words Twilight and I will be more determined tomorrow. I wasn't in the best place this morning, having had a really bad night's sleep. This assurance of face to face appointments with a doctor we read about is fiction as far as I can see! the receptionists at my surgery are like a battle front to deal with and brush real problems off , but they haven't dealt with my husband yet!!

Just read some reviews of the book you mentioned and now on my 'to read' list. I was in hospital for an operation as a child and remember not being visited by parents and crying to sleep. Mom years later told me that they weren't allowed to visit me. This was in the late fifties so around the time the book is set.
Sorry for going off on a tangent!

Same happened to me. I had appendicitis a week before my third birthday. There were complications, and for a time they thought I wouldn’t make it. I was in hospital for four weeks, and my parents weren’t allowed to see me, but stood behind a curtain at the end of the ward, to look at me.This was in 1952. As I was an only child, this was so cruel on all of us, but it was the way things were. Hospitals were run like a detention centre, everyone was terrified of matron , and the doctors, their word was law.

Thanks for the kind words Twilight and I will be more determined tomorrow. I wasn't in the best place this morning, having had a really bad night's sleep. This assurance of face to face appointments with a doctor we read about is fiction as far as I can see! the receptionists at my surgery are like a battle front to deal with and brush real problems off , but they haven't dealt with my husband yet!!
Just read some reviews of the book you mentioned and now on my 'to read' list. I was in hospital for an operation as a child and remember not being visited by parents and crying to sleep. Mom years later told me that they weren't allowed to visit me. This was in the late fifties so around the time the book is set.
Sorry for going off on a tangent!
It's very difficult to be determined when dealing with official intransigence at a time when you're also feeling less than 100%; I hope dealing with your husband makes them wish they'd chosen another job. Treating children, & their parents, in such a cruel way was unforgiveable, thank goodness we're now more flexible. Tangents are one of the best things about this forum & the ideas & information I've found when following one have been invaluable. The Millstone is interesting, one of those novels that gave me 'mind pictures', & I must have been quite mature to read Drabble when in my mid teens. Thinking of you Pandora 💐

Latest posts

Back