Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can hardly believe this advert, but it seems to be genuine - - - -

ADVERt Mimsy 240583774_31036657.jpg

I've just noticed a website address at the bottom right, so the advert is not genuine as they didn't have them in the era this advert is supposed to be from.

So admin please remove at your discretion.

I've just noticed a website address at the bottom right, so the advert is not genuine as they didn't have them in the era this advert is supposed to be from.

So admin please remove at your discretion.
Eh???? Where's the advert? The dead fish?

Re GPs. In the 18 months since COVID, I have tried and failed several times to arrange a review with my GP. I’m type 2 diabetic on meds plus take quite powerful antidepressants. No blood tests, just one cursory check of my feet by a practice nurse. Fat chance of blood tests now - local health authority has run out of test tubes and is reserving stock for urgent tests.

now managed to book a meds review with the pharmacist, who obviously can see what Im taking but doesn’t know me (GP has helped me through depression for years). So I don’t know how successful it will be.

This morning I went for my flu jab. The GP did it. Absolutely ridiculous. If there hadn’t been a (socially distanced and masked) queue, I would have started up my review !

My surgery has not even started booking flu jabs.

I had to go for the eye screening thing. The one, they take a photo of the back of your eye and check the blood vessels. I was expecting a queue but really quick in and out. I was lucky and did not need the drops to open up my pupils, seems mine are lovely and wide and clear.

The supermarkets are not doing food ordering for Xmas this year. Even the butchers aren't you turn up and hopefully get what you want and need. It will be interesting to see if QVC do their food orders this year?

Re GPs. In the 18 months since COVID, I have tried and failed several times to arrange a review with my GP. I’m type 2 diabetic on meds plus take quite powerful antidepressants. No blood tests, just one cursory check of my feet by a practice nurse. Fat chance of blood tests now - local health authority has run out of test tubes and is reserving stock for urgent tests.

now managed to book a meds review with the pharmacist, who obviously can see what Im taking but doesn’t know me (GP has helped me through depression for years). So I don’t know how successful it will be.

This morning I went for my flu jab. The GP did it. Absolutely ridiculous. If there hadn’t been a (socially distanced and masked) queue, I would have started up my review !
What the hell is the NHS paying them for?
GPs have become the invisible service, and patients have been paying for it with their lives... who knows how many more will also have shorter lives because too many GPs have been missing in action since the start of the pandemic.
I know the health service is facing tough choices, but in my view they need to stop hiding behind the C-19 excuses. We all have to learn to live with it… that’s become painfully clear. Neglecting patients until they require critical care is a dreadful waste of a life, and a gross waste of money.
SRory for getting on my soapbox, but I speak to a number of loved ones who are frustrated with their doctor (GP) at present.

I’ve lost all respect for GP’s. I have contact with them through finance and they (and dentists) are some of the greediest people you will ever meet.

This past 18 months they have realised they can sit on their arse, do a couple of phone calls, at their convenience, and rake the money in. There is no way they are going to change this way of working as they now know what little contact they can get away with, its money for old rope as far as they are concerned.

Hospital medics are a different ball game and I wouldn’t have been in their shoes for a million dollars in 2020.

I got a text yesterday to book my flu jab and so I rang the surgery and it’s booked for Saturday 9th October. However, when I then tried to book my three monthly blood test, I was told that it can’t be done at the moment because they have no phials. I guess that may be down to no HGV drivers rather than anything else.

I emailed the Fat Controller, aka Mr Johnson, last week asking him if he could give me a date when the NHS had been on its feet because all we ever hear is that it's in crisis, on the edge, short of staff etc. I'm still waiting for his reply. A cold winter has the health service in panic mode & even a hot spell causes issues. It's never had enough staff because British people don't like doing many care or manual jobs which is why so many were persuaded to leave the Caribbean in the 50s & 60s to work in the NHS as well as the postal service & transport systems. In almost two decades working in secondary education I met very few girls, & no boys, who wanted to follow a career in caring; girls have been told for years they can do the same jobs as the boys & that's what they're doing.

What the hell is the NHS paying them for?
GPs have become the invisible service, and patients have been paying for it with their lives... who knows how many more will also have shorter lives because too many GPs have been missing in action since the start of the pandemic.
I know the health service is facing tough choices, but in my view they need to stop hiding behind the C-19 excuses. We all have to learn to live with it… that’s become painfully clear. Neglecting patients until they require critical care is a dreadful waste of a life, and a gross waste of money.
SRory for getting on my soapbox, but I speak to a number of loved ones who are frustrated with their doctor (GP) at present.
I agree its becoming a nightmare now. The finest GP in our surgery has decided he wants to work with the computer side of things rather than being a GP. Something is seriously wrong.

I emailed the Fat Controller, aka Mr Johnson, last week asking him if he could give me a date when the NHS had been on its feet because all we ever hear is that it's in crisis, on the edge, short of staff etc. I'm still waiting for his reply. A cold winter has the health service in panic mode & even a hot spell causes issues. It's never had enough staff because British people don't like doing many care or manual jobs which is why so many were persuaded to leave the Caribbean in the 50s & 60s to work in the NHS as well as the postal service & transport systems. In almost two decades working in secondary education I met very few girls, & no boys, who wanted to follow a career in caring; girls have been told for years they can do the same jobs as the boys & that's what they're doing.
Care work is grossly underpaid and jolly hard work. People would rather work in retail where the wages and perks are better. Not going to get any better!

Latest posts

Back