Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The richer people are, and the more they have already, then the more free stuff they get! Illogical.
Lobbying rules are part of the problem. Rather than trying to rewrite the remit of the parliamentary standards committee, they would be better making lobbying rules more robust. And why the heck are sitting MPs able to take paid employment with a third party? Is the parliamentary business plus their constituency not enough to keep them busy?
It is akin to how I feel about Q presenters shamelessly promoting their side hustles when Q are paying them to do one job.

If I have to claim on insurance the premium will shoot up next year. And if I try another company, they always ask if I've had a claim in the last 5 years.

If it ends up just needing repainting, it may be cheaper to pay for it myself. Can't do it myself these days :(

I will post a picture if I ever get the time to get it off my ipad.

We claimed on our legal insurance about 10 years ago. Our premiums shot up the following few years and we got refused a quote from several firms, too.

Document absolutely EVERYTHING! Photograph everything, keep all emails and even screenshot your calls and how long they've taken. If things go belly-up and they won't pay out it'll be easier to take them to the small claims court.

Don't let them walk all over you. You've put up with enough already.

We photographed everything. When speaking on the phone regarding the water damage to a laptop and expensive camera we organised to upload photos. The operated asked how we were going to take photos on a damaged camera! Luckily we said we had iPads and phones which were nowhere near the flooding.

We photographed everything. When speaking on the phone regarding the water damage to a laptop and expensive camera we organised to upload photos. The operated asked how we were going to take photos on a damaged camera! Luckily we said we had iPads and phones which were nowhere near the flooding.
They must have thought they had a “gotcha” for insurance fraud!

Insurance companies make me so mad. They take your money and the minute you try and claim they try and get out of paying. I've never been able to make a claim that paid out on house insurance - always an "oh but read the tinier than tiny small print". Critical illness insurance - insured for everything except the illness that you get. Travel insurance that you find out you have to pay up front when you're ill abroad and claim it back later (thankfully that was in NZ where they treat people like humans and with kindness and I then thankfully found out treatment was free and not thousands of pounds). Don't get me started on pet insurance.

I worked in insurance as well for years and just can't stomach how they treat people who are having serious disasters. Strato I hope you get all this sorted with the least amount of stress.

CC

Insurance companies make me so mad. They take your money and the minute you try and claim they try and get out of paying. I've never been able to make a claim that paid out on house insurance - always an "oh but read the tinier than tiny small print". Critical illness insurance - insured for everything except the illness that you get. Travel insurance that you find out you have to pay up front when you're ill abroad and claim it back later (thankfully that was in NZ where they treat people like humans and with kindness and I then thankfully found out treatment was free and not thousands of pounds). Don't get me started on pet insurance.

I worked in insurance as well for years and just can't stomach how they treat people who are having serious disasters. Strato I hope you get all this sorted with the least amount of stress.

CC
Ah yes, pet insurance. The only time I’ve close to being rude to the poor beggar on the end of the phone “who are only doing their job”.
When Dottie’s insurance renewal came through after the first year it was 25% higher. And that was without claiming for anything, she hadn’t even had cause to go to the vet for anything other than booster jab.
So it was off to a different insurer and then change every year until last year.
We’d had a good deal and although it shot up again it was still reasonable. Although now that she’s turned 6 it appears the excess will go up every year.
And she’s still not seen the vet for anything other than boosters and some dental stuff which isn’t covered anyway.

I am at OH's this week, and spent most of yesterday disconnecting her very old PC, which takes about an hour to boot up and shut down, and then connecting up a brand-new PC from Aldi, a real bargain as it had been reduced by £80 (with free PP, of course).

I will take the old one home and try to copy all her old data onto a memory stick, then re-install it onto the new PC.

Microsoft want to know all about you to install Windows 10 (name, email, DOB, names of schools etc) and then you need a password just to boot up your own private PC!

Lots of downloads had to be done, such as anti-virus, Spotify, word-processor etc.

Unfortunately she has forgotten the password for her email account, and all attempts to recover it have failed.

I have a formula for creating my passwords. Don’t suppose it’s 100% foolproof but if I forget one, I can remember how to construct it.

She has some written down with details of what site they are for, but also a long list of passwords, with no idea what they were for. She took it literally that you HAD to have a completely different passwords for every site.

Hers were also written as a code so she could reconstruct them, but other people couldn't (as do I).

I remember reading that you should pick a random phrase and then every site should have a number which you can write in a book (in code form if you wish). Never write the phrase.

Then all you have to do is attach the number to the phrase in each case.

Possibly I've posted this one before.

Cartoon Hermes knock and run 255946957_102.jpg

Went for my flu jab this morning and was offered the booster at the same time - I nearly took their hand off,

Straight in - 2 nursers one each arm- counted to 3 and both jabbed at same time. Waited 15 mins and out

Went for my flu jab this morning and was offered the booster at the same time - I nearly took their hand off,

Straight in - 2 nursers one each arm- counted to 3 and both jabbed at same time. Waited 15 mins and out
We had our flu jabs a couple of weeks ago and our Covid boosters this week. Nurse who did our flu jabs wouldn`t give us the covid jab at the same time, she said to wait a week or so. Must admit I`ve had no side effects from the covid jab but last year the flu jab knocked me off colour for a few days yet this year it hasn`t affected me at all.

Latest posts

Back