Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my thoughts exactly. What are all the arsebook groupies going to do if they can’t get their smelly wax, L Geller etc.

in so saying if they got a load of hand sanitizer I might be tempted!

None available here for last 2 weeks. Rumour was a local hardware shop may get supplies and as I was looking for a new plug I thought it was worth popping in. The owner is a true Del Boy (whilst quoting the scriptures) and whilst I was looking at the plug he approached me and offered me hand gel. It turned out to be the tiniest bottle (10ml) for £3. Stupidly I bought one for my handbag all the time listening to how he was making no profit (pull the other one). On my way back to work I popped into a chemist for shampoo and joked about my £3 bottle probably produced in someone’s back bedroom, he examined it and said that it didnt have any alcohol therefore was useless.
Back at work we goggled it and it was the free stuff in hotel bathrooms!

Well he got 3 quid of me but he will never get another penny so I hope he enjoys it now.

my thoughts exactly. What are all the arsebook groupies going to do if they can’t get their smelly wax, L Geller etc.

in so saying if they got a load of hand sanitizer I might be tempted!

None available here for last 2 weeks. Rumour was a local hardware shop may get supplies and as I was looking for a new plug I thought it was worth popping in. The owner is a true Del Boy (whilst quoting the scriptures) and whilst I was looking at the plug he approached me and offered me hand gel. It turned out to be the tiniest bottle (10ml) for £3. Stupidly I bought one for my handbag all the time listening to how he was making no profit (pull the other one). On my way back to work I popped into a chemist for shampoo and joked about my £3 bottle probably produced in someone’s back bedroom, he examined it and said that it didnt have any alcohol therefore was useless.
Back at work we goggled it and it was the free stuff in hotel bathrooms!

Well he got 3 quid of me but he will never get another penny so I hope he enjoys it now.
Well I have contingency plans in place.
1. Using the anti bacterial wipes like Dettol or supermarket brands.
2. Cleansing wipes, as some have alcohol.
3. If all else fails I can always keep drinking gin.

A doctor on the radio said to use alcohol and another said fairy liquid was as good.

Dont watch Q much now but surely Del Boy will have managed to sneak it in even if it is only to buy some Eek or crystals to protect us, if shape wear is good for floods and angel wings for French bombings surely they have something in the warehouse for a virus?

Hand cream will be the next item to be in short supply because people are making their own hand sanitiser & it's making their skin so dry it's spliting. I worked in a school for years & always carried a pack of baby wipes with me, obviously they didn't contain alcohol but kept my hands clean in between hand washing sessions which I did several times a day.

A doctor on the radio said to use alcohol and another said fairy liquid was as good.

Dont watch Q much now but surely Del Boy will have managed to sneak it in even if it is only to buy some Eek or crystals to protect us, if shape wear is good for floods and angel wings for French bombings surely they have something in the warehouse for a virus?
Apparently this virus has a fatty coating & washing up liquid can be used instead of soap because it's made to get rid of grease.

Trying to make sensible contingency plans as Mr L are totally on our own so making sure I have recipes for store cupboard goods in case of self isolation Problem is its okay if I’m doing the cooking but it will be down to beans if Mr L is in charge.

SLS is an industrial degreaser. Just what you need to break down fats.
Thank you. I posted on here about my concerns for animals & the planet so our soaps don't contain palm oil or many other substances, including SLS. We're both 61, in rude health & don't have any elderly relatives; this current situation doesn't seem to be affecting younger people, if that changes I'll be concerned for my daughters & their families. I'm not in the least bit bothered for myself, have always been glass half full & live totally for today - must be all those years of my lovely dad playing Doris Day 'Que Sara Sara'.

Up until last week I was quite laid back about it but having seen how things galloped in a Italy I am a lot more worried now. In Italy the army are making sure that only 1 person per family is allowed to leave the home to shop and only chemists and food shops are open and only 10 people at a time are allowed in the big supermarket. If more than 2 are in a car the army stop them and if 2 one must be in the back at the opposite side and when they return home they have to clean themselves and their clothes.

There was a lady on TV yesterday who explained things very clearly in plain English and I was surprised that she said DO NOT use a mask as these keep the coughs, sneezes and breath trapped and you are breathing it in again. In Italy they are all wearing masks so perhaps if this is correct then you would wonder why.

Exactly a year ago I developed a cough and despite x rays and tests we haven’t got to the bottom of it so if I cough people look at me and I have to say something, pretty embarrassing as I think people think you are telling porkies.

I was reading an article yesterday which talked about hand sanitizers and hand washing. Hand gels need to be at least 60% alcohol and applied regularly but for handwashing it said anything which cleans will do ie bar soaps, liquid soaps . washing up liquids and so on and that using an antibacterial liquid soap as opposed to a regular soap made little to no difference. It`s the action of washing coupled with the water plus any product which cleans which is most important.

Hubby has COPD and coughs quite a bit but he still is very active. People look at him in horror at the moment.
I had a stem cell transplant 15 months ago but I’m not panicking just taking steps to avoid crowds and public transport. I haven’t stockpiled anything. There is no hand sanitiser locally.

Apparently it’s doesn’t matter what the temperature of the water is either.
Luckily I don’t have to travel with public transport but I feel really sorry for those stuck on the tube and packed trains.

Latest posts

Back