Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love my Postie, too, and show him at Christmas. Gave him some gloves as his hands were freezing and cold drinks in summer when it's hot. He's not asked to use the loo yet!

Gutted for everyone who has lost out on holidays. Plus the hassle of dealing with all the fallout.

I could never take my Springer to a cafe even though he's better behaved than most of the kids I see in them. He's a chronic farter - disgustingly smelly at that. I might get away with blaming my OH but mad Springer cannot fart quietly and ALWAYS looks at his bum in a surprised manner when one squeaks out. At least it's an early warning for us to move. With hindsight, we should have bought those gas masks years ago. We could freak everyone out by going shopping in them.

I love my Postie, too, and show him at Christmas. Gave him some gloves as his hands were freezing and cold drinks in summer when it's hot. He's not asked to use the loo yet!

Gutted for everyone who has lost out on holidays. Plus the hassle of dealing with all the fallout.

I could never take my Springer to a cafe even though he's better behaved than most of the kids I see in them. He's a chronic farter - disgustingly smelly at that. I might get away with blaming my OH but mad Springer cannot fart quietly and ALWAYS looks at his bum in a surprised manner when one squeaks out. At least it's an early warning for us to move. With hindsight, we should have bought those gas masks years ago. We could freak everyone out by going shopping in them.
Thank you, that was hysterical. My Mr T's has been in a real grump all day because the football's been suspended & is cheering himself up binge watching The Windsors - wry smile on face & I'm choking with laughter.

If the Mirror/ITV is to be believed the government may soon announce that all over 70’s will have to self isolate. Fake news or not I’m not sure this will be doable unless they have some method of policing it. Italy and Spain may be different because everyone is involved not just an age group

If the Mirror/ITV is to be believed the government may soon announce that all over 70’s will have to self isolate. Fake news or not I’m not sure this will be doable unless they have some method of policing it. Italy and Spain may be different because everyone is involved not just an age group
I think that I need to go on that programm Ten Years Younger to fool people that I am under 70 and can still go out! I cancelled a two week cruise around the Med and Canaries this week. I have a credit with P&O to rebook before December next year, so let's hope they don't go bust before then!
I'm a bit relieved to be honest as my husband has a heart problem and I have low imunity due to medication I take. Hey ho, that's life!

Your farting dog reminds me of the time I went for an interview with Dame Barbara Cartland - remember her, the author of a thousand titles with the same story, and dressed in pink ? WELL, as we chatted, her little white fluffy dog laid itself at me feet throughout, and I was hard pressed to keep a straight faced as it snored through one end and farted out the other ! I've dined out on that story for years.

Good luck trying to do that. There are people 70+ with health issues but many, many more who are in better shape than younger ones who don't look after themselves. I can't imagine Joanna Lumley will stop living for that length of time. We don't have any elderly relatives, most of mine died in their 60s, the exception being my wonderful maternal grandmother who lived until she was 85 & the closest she came to anything medical/health related was wearing reading glasses. My grandparents' marriage hadn't been happy for many years & when she was 70 she was having an affair with the widower who lived next door & blissfully happy 💖

I get the idea the tabloids will not be happy until people are dropping in the streets with bodies laying piled up.

A friend was due to go on holiday yesterday to Lanzarote so I text her just after 12pm and said is your flight going? She replied we are at the airport and all well our bags are on the way to the plane now. About an hour later she text and flight were cancelled, their bags already on the plane and she had to wait for them to be unloaded. I asked if she and her husband going package? No, flight and villa booked separately so she knows she will get the flight refunded but doubts about the villa.

I actually got an email from Sainsbury's this morning telling me not to worry they were upping the supplies to their stores and the warehouses will be stocked as well. Okay.

Mr L and I often laugh at the cleanliness or otherwise of our childhoods. One in particular was a local corner shop which had a meat slicer where we are sure they sliced both raw and cooked ham in fact Mr L remembers that as young boys if they were lucky they could get the scraps for free! Very little was packaged it came from large containers into paper bags and was often uncovered. Of course there was people smoking all over everything.

On one hand there were many things like above but then my mother used carbolic soap like it was going out of fashion and often put some detol in our bath.
That carbolic soap was very versatile Sunlight was used to scrub my dirty knees and scrub the lino - quare stuff.😂

I get the idea the tabloids will not be happy until people are dropping in the streets with bodies laying piled up.

A friend was due to go on holiday yesterday to Lanzarote so I text her just after 12pm and said is your flight going? She replied we are at the airport and all well our bags are on the way to the plane now. About an hour later she text and flight were cancelled, their bags already on the plane and she had to wait for them to be unloaded. I asked if she and her husband going package? No, flight and villa booked separately so she knows she will get the flight refunded but doubts about the villa.

I actually got an email from Sainsbury's this morning telling me not to worry they were upping the supplies to their stores and the warehouses will be stocked as well. Okay.
My husband went to our local Sainsbury's yesterday for them opening at 7 and he was surprised there were over a hundred people waiting for the doors to open when he got there.

We did too & I received one from Holland & Barrett last night that told me about the extra cleaning they were doing, how they had suspended sampling of products & were encouraging contactless payments. Obviously it's good marketing & these larger companies will be fine, sadly many independents won't survive.

We had the red bar of Lifebouy, used to wash my face and all plus collars and cuffs of clothes. My aunt had Cameo soap and we thought her dead posh as it was advertised on TV.:)

what was it soap which was a golden brown translucent and a fairly nice smell? The name Knights Castil comes to mine but I don’t think that is it,

Do you think this might the the saving of the likes of Q with people not able to shop on DHS but stuck at home bored to death going online? Not able to get out with returns they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Marks have had their sale on the past few weeks with tops reduced to between £5 and £15 - why on earth would you pay £40 minimum on Q.

A couple of months ago we were on Bury market and Mr V saw packs of carbolic soap and insisted on buying some. He was a miner for many years and at the end of their shifts they scrubbed down in the pit head baths and being lots of hairy arsed miners they refused to use any old soap, it had to be either carbolic or the large blocks of green household soap. No miner wanted to be seen to smell of flowers, perfume or baby soap lol
Anyway he`s still using his carbolic soap and says it brings back memories of a shift down the pit. He refuses to use anything but bar soap and says shower gel is for the modern man which he says he refuses to be lol
My Mum used nothing but Pears soap and Nivea cream on her face and had a lovely complexion until she died in 1987. She kept her Pears soap away from the rest of us and we had to be content with the large block of Fairy household which was used to wash everything from shirt cuffs to the dog and every bit of us from our hair to our feet.
My oldest son also uses nothing but bar soap but he`s been in the Army for 27 years and has done many stints in war zones and says bar soap is portable, doesn`t leak, weighs little in their back packs and can be used for everything from shaving to rubbing on chafed feet when out in the field. He`s even brushed his teeth with soap when the need arose.

A couple of months ago we were on Bury market and Mr V saw packs of carbolic soap and insisted on buying some. He was a miner for many years and at the end of their shifts they scrubbed down in the pit head baths and being lots of hairy arsed miners they refused to use any old soap, it had to be either carbolic or the large blocks of green household soap. No miner wanted to be seen to smell of flowers, perfume or baby soap lol
Anyway he`s still using his carbolic soap and says it brings back memories of a shift down the pit. He refuses to use anything but bar soap and says shower gel is for the modern man which he says he refuses to be lol
My Mum used nothing but Pears soap and Nivea cream on her face and had a lovely complexion until she died in 1987. She kept her Pears soap away from the rest of us and we had to be content with the large block of Fairy household which was used to wash everything from shirt cuffs to the dog and every bit of us from our hair to our feet.
My oldest son also uses nothing but bar soap but he`s been in the Army for 27 years and has done many stints in war zones and says bar soap is portable, doesn`t leak, weighs little in their back packs and can be used for everything from shaving to rubbing on chafed feet when out in the field. He`s even brushed his teeth with soap when the need arose.
I love your posts, wonderful images 💐

With regards to 'stockpiling', I am annoyed as on the 'digital river' I have on auto-subscription hand sanitiser and my hand wash, now of course you can't get for 'love nor money'. If Q were to source some hand sanitiser from somewhere at a reasonable price, then this would be one of the biggest sellers for years.

Also, here is a dilemma that I may soon be facing, I live at home with my parents (both over 70), if they have to self-isolate, does that mean I do too?

Love
Do you think this might the the saving of the likes of Q with people not able to shop on DHS but stuck at home bored to death going online? Not able to get out with returns they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Marks have had their sale on the past few weeks with tops reduced to between £5 and £15 - why on earth would you pay £40 minimum on Q.

To be honest after watching the news and hopping on to QVC yesterday it’s turned me right off and made me more determined not to hop as much. I think it’ll be the opposite I think it will actually have the reverse effect and put shopping on QVC in to perspective and hammer home just how much of what they do or sell is irrelevant, as more and more people will be off work the chance of getting your parcel is remote, after all, it was slim to middle before with Hermes.

Latest posts

Back