Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cartoon lego 90016262_10159500.jpg

Thank you & you & all your family too. I'm quite robust, even if I now look too scraggy thanks to my commitment to Slimming World, so even if I succumb to this lurgy I'll survive. I care for our 22 month old granddaughter two days a week, looked at her today & can't imagine anything happening to her or any other young people so want this dealt with, not that older people aren't worthy but I've had a wonderful time & younger people deserve to enjoy the same. I still can't help feeling that we're all at a crossroads with this virus, the Australian bushfires, locust devastating parts of Africa & the recent floods. We have messed with Nature & she's fighting back. As you know our first baby died, we both knew that his life wouldn't have been what we wanted for him & he would never have been able to tell us how bad it was. However, the doctors still suggested measures to prolong his time indefinitely, it was obvious that he wasn't meant to be & even though it shredded us, still does to be honest, I knew that Nature had to be respected ❤ Right back at you.

Aw I’m so sorry for your loss T it absolutely breaks my heart. I said to the husband it looks like animals, the world and nature are fighting back, they’ve had enough, we’re ruining their planet. I read some that we’re only lodgers on this planet for such a small time, but nature was here a long time before us and will be here a long time after we’re gone. My son said this morning that dolphins have came back to (I think he said) Venice for the first time in a long time, and the ozone has gotten a bit better with us all not using cars/busses/planes/trains so it looks like we’re the virus as far a this planet is concerned. I hope everyone that uses this planet as their own personal supply will learn from all this, I doubt it though. Big hug, hope your family and loved ones are stay safe ❤️ xxx

QVC could do this, and show some goodwill...........

Navabi, a fashion company based in Germany have sent out the usual CVirus letter to their customers, however, this bit caught my eye....

"
Almost all packages are now being sent out as paper, or cardboard boxes, rather than plastic.

· Most of our couriers now have measures in place to provide ‘no contact’ deliveries, to keep you (our customers) safe and reassured.

· We are awaiting an order of masks from a supplier – once those arrive we will place one or two for free in packages. "

I called into Asda yesterday and they had yogurts on offer, 8 for £3.00 IIRC, so I put 8 in my basket. When I got to the till, they refused to serve me because I had 4 of each flavour and they're not allowed to sell more than 3 of an item, but I was allowed to put one of each flavour back and pick another variety for the remaining two. (I hope I've explained that correctly)? Absolutely barmy if you ask me.
I know we have to curb the panic buying, but I also think a bit of common sense is needed. I was buying 8 yogurts anyway, so I genuinely couldn't see the issue. I ended up not bothering and went to Tesco instead.

I was given a pack of toilet rolls from the stock room at B&M by a lovely lady who said anyone over 60 is a priority. As I was waiting to pay I could see people looking in my basket and muttering why couldnt they find any. The assistant said if they put them out on the shelves they get cleared within minutes. If people were sensible they could have a pack each. Much selfishness around.

I think all supermarkets and shops should put limits on how many of each product people can have and they should make sure everyone adheres to it. If you saw the nurse/ health worker that was on this morning crying because she was working so hard to care for people but couldn’t get any fresh food supplies you would understand the problem. I worked in a supermarket for many years and there were a few times when there were shortages of things like sugar and potatoes and I have seen how greedy people can be. Just THINk of others.

I think all supermarkets and shops should put limits on how many of each product people can have and they should make sure everyone adheres to it. If you saw the nurse/ health worker that was on this morning crying because she was working so hard to care for people but couldn’t get any fresh food supplies you would understand the problem. I worked in a supermarket for many years and there were a few times when there were shortages of things like sugar and potatoes and I have seen how greedy people can be. Just THINk of others.
The tills at Sainsburys have been adapted to only accept the designated amount of certain items & I assume that other supermarkets have done the same. I know that at the moment fresh produce doesn't come under this restriction. I eat a fair amount of fat free yogurt & three pots isn't enough for me as it's replaced mayo & butter in most things, I was thinking about this last night & remembered that many moons ago I bought a Cookworks yogurt maker from the Q. It was still there at the back of a cupboard, complete with instructions booklet so I'll see if it works. Not eating as much yogurt as normal is diddly squat compared with that girl's situation - a 48 hour shift & then not able to find anything fresh or even basic to buy is heartbreaking.

Strato thank you, these have really made me laugh. xx :love:
Big thanks from me too. My Mr T was really despondent last weekend about the situation, not just the virus but the effect all the disruption will have on our lives for some time to come - we've said life can be divided into BC & PC, before & post corona. However, he's worked his way through Monty Python & is now onto Jethro, he cried/laughed so much last night over some daft joke & one of his contacts fell out, at least he's no longer in a grump.

Big thanks from me too. My Mr T was really despondent last weekend about the situation, not just the virus but the effect all the disruption will have on our lives for some time to come - we've said life can be divided into BC & PC, before & post corona. However, he's worked his way through Monty Python & is now onto Jethro, he cried/laughed so much last night over some daft joke & one of his contacts fell out, at least he's no longer in a grump.

I agree wholeheartedly. Humour is part of my staple diet and I can do without most things as long as humour is in good supply. Nobody can ration that either - you can always find it somewhere.

Up until now we have all been thinking of this in terms of UK, Europe and US and have had it in our minds that after a few months we just might get back to some sort of normality if we are careful.

However just watching world news and seeing how it is spreading in other countries who do not have basic hygiene systems how are we ever going to keep it in check unless we stop any form of travel to and from any countriy outside of our own border.

It`s the first day of Spring and even though this dreadful virus is swamping the World, it is still a beautiful World out there. Far enough at this moment in time we may not be seeing much of it and self isolating but the one positive outcome of this dreadful pandemic is that it may be giving our World a chance to slightly recover from the damage we do to it.
Here`s a clip to remind us of that and to look forward to seeing the outside World once again and appreciate it all the more. If an ad comes up at the beginning of the clip then just click on the skip ad tab then sit back and enjoy the music and the photos.

Latest posts

Back