Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a packet of Angel Delight, strawberry flavour, in the cupboard. It's one of the few childhood faces that doesn't disappoint... although I prefer the raspberry flavour of banana.

We used to get very excited for the Vesta meals, especially with the crispy noodles.

We also used to get the Fray Bentos pies. If the pastry wasn't properly cooked though, it was vile. It'd be too salty for my taste nowadays.

As I decided to defrost the freezer earlier, I've got a lot of salmon to cook (and refreeze), after I switched off the wrong appliance!! At least this freezer survived the experience. My last one exploded and took the fuse box with it.

I'm expecting to be doing a fair amount of cooking, rather than relying on ready meals etc. I might not do lots of cooking, but I know how to and now have the time. Corned beef hash coming up soon.

I had a M & S plant food meal last night, mushroom stroganoff, that had been part of their meal deal. It was the only main meal left available in the offer, so thought I would try it. Yeah, gods. It was horrid. My husband sat there and said, 'what do you think?'. I said 'it's b****y horrible'. He said, 'thank God, I thought it was just me'. Anyway into the bin it went.

I am not that desperate yet either!

Apologies to all you veggies and vegans out there, but its refreshing to hear someone who is honest about what plant food tastes like . I've always wondered if its a case of the Emperors New Clothes, - although mushroom stroganoff actually sounds quite nice, but hey ho.

Apologies to all you veggies and vegans out there, but its refreshing to hear someone who is honest about what plant food tastes like . I've always wondered if its a case of the Emperors New Clothes, - although mushroom stroganoff actually sounds quite nice, but hey ho.
I think Strogonoff is normally made with butter and cream in it. If it was vegan it will have had neither.

When I was a child we had our dinner put in front of us whatever was available and we had to eat the lot beacause if their was rice pudding or semolina it was put on the same plate. This was not everyday pudding was a once or twice a week treat. Dad used to make bread and jam fritters, we loved them.

I had hoped it would be nice too. It had such a horrid taste.

Cartoon wine 90568202_160239.jpg

Well I have been down the DHS which was a lot quieter today but Putney remains a loo roll free zone. There was a bit more fruit and veg though so some deliveries must be getting through. My cleaners have shut up shop for the duration and they bring their own supplies so I had to top up my stock. I must confess to a minor stockpiling scenario though. Waterstones is closing today so I bought a load of books, and also went to Rymans for a ream of printer paper as I reckon that will be the next shortage with all those people working from home etc. So if I reckon that, be sure there will be no such shortage!

I`ve now got Mr V at home indefinitely because the taxi firm he works part time for has gone into lockdown and taken all their cars off road. He will either be buried under the patio or locked in the shed if he thinks he can sit around all day watching telly and eating me out of house and home. There are lots of things online telling you how to keep your kids occupied now the schools have shut but we also need similar on how to keep bored husbands occupied and safe from being clubbed by annoyed/frustrated/angry wives !

I`ve now got Mr V at home indefinitely because the taxi firm he works part time for has gone into lockdown and taken all their cars off road. He will either be buried under the patio or locked in the shed if he thinks he can sit around all day watching telly and eating me out of house and home. There are lots of things online telling you how to keep your kids occupied now the schools have shut but we also need similar on how to keep bored husbands occupied and safe from being clubbed by annoyed/frustrated/angry wives !
My Mr T said "lots of afternoon delight" but after last night he'll be lucky 😞

I work in The Works and in more that 45 years of retailing I have never known customers to be so flippin rude.
I was asked for some education books for a six year old, I pointed the woman to the correct section, the books are colour coded for age so I told her she needed the pink cover books, she said 'I've got a boy so I don't want f***ing pink you stupid cow'
I told her to leave.
Anyway from today The Works is closed!

I work in The Works and in more that 45 years of retailing I have never known customers to be so flippin rude.
I was asked for some education books for a six year old, I pointed the woman to the correct section, the books are colour coded for age so I told her she needed the pink cover books, she said 'I've got a boy so I don't want f***ing pink you stupid cow'
I told her to leave.
Totally unnecessary & totally vile.

I told her to leave.

So sorry you were treated like this by that woman. It seems a crisis will either bring out the best or worst in people. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of this kind out there and unfortunately, you're not alone.

My OH has done the shopping lately as I'm on the "endangered" list. He's come across the lowest forms of "humanity" in the local supermarkets in the last fortnight. He's been shocked at the way women mostly are elbowing and barging elderly or disabled people out of the way and pushing into the queues. If someone calls them out they behave worse than rabid animals. Their language towards others has shocked my OH and he's used to me driving when I had PMT! They're also the types that flout the sensible rules of keeping distance.

And don't get me started on those disgusting little shits that deliberately coughed into an older person's face (I only caught a bit of the story but that was enough). It's a shame they can't lock them up and throw away the key.

Our government has tried to be sensible and even reasonable (and I'm no politician's fan) but none of them have taken into account the mentality of some of our citizens.

Latest posts

Back