Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh my word Ryan Reynolds is gorgeous!
He really is & we all know that the sexiest men are those with a sense of humour. Years ago a colleague heard me say that & asked me if I felt the same about Bernard Manning & Ken Dodd, the boss told us off for laughing too much šŸ¤£

Sheā€™s a very lucky woman T, if ever ther was someone to be isolated for twelve weeks with..............after the husband obviously. šŸ˜š
šŸ˜‰

Dear Sis, Please stop. I've known this girl for 19 years from when she started high school with my little girl & as I was hearing her story I could hear her talking. She's a born nurse & loves her job, she gets mad about the amount of money wasted on art work - 'to cheer people up', has no time for lazy colleagues - not every nurse is an angel & knows that many of the people they see aren't genuinely ill & I believe her summing up of the situation where she works. We're being bombarded with statistics at the moment, however, we don't get told the number who die in the UK from sepsis - 48,000 or 923 a week or how many succumb across the world because of air pollution - 4.6 million. We will come through, you WILL come through. I'm living in fantasy world at present a sort of WW2 drama with touches of the 80s, I loved the 80s, & at the moment I'm making soup while listening to Erasure. I have my dark moments, about cruelty to animals & children & the destruction of our planet & when these threaten to overwhelm me putting on my big girl pants is very difficult so I need you to keep me company & do the same. By the way I never look at photos of people on crowded trains#claustrophobiacity ā¤

Where is this post, please, Twilight? Iā€™m sort of skimming pages at the moment and Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m skipping the ones that look like they might be too negative for this sensitive soul, but Iā€™ve looked back a couple of pages and canā€™t see it. I take it it is ā€œencouragingā€ from what you say here.

An interesting one from The British Beauty Blogger which made me think of QVC.

Thereā€™s an absolute dilemma because on the one hand, I am very loathe to encourage on-line shopping for non essentials because of the burden it places on delivery drivers and postal workers who will have more pressing matters to attend to, not to mention the picking and packing that would need to happen,

Thereā€™s an absolute dilemma because on the one hand, I am very loathe to encourage on-line shopping for non essentials because of the burden it places on delivery drivers and postal workers who will have more pressing matters to attend to, not to mention the picking and packing that would need to happen,

I think Royal Mail have said that if the pressure on their services builds up, they will consider allowing essential deliveries only. Not sure how they would police it though. Also, what one person calls essential, another might say is not. I know if I was waiting for my Birkenstockā€™s from QVC, Iā€™d say that delivery was vital. (Please donā€™t upset me, anyone, and tell me that QVC donā€™t sell Birkies any more. Iā€™d better go on Facebook and ask when the next show is.)

Where is this post, please, Twilight? Iā€™m sort of skimming pages at the moment and Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m skipping the ones that look like they might be too negative for this sensitive soul, but Iā€™ve looked back a couple of pages and canā€™t see it. I take it it is ā€œencouragingā€ from what you say here.
Hello Andi it's on Social media thread page 272.

There is a real spat on arsebook at present - should Q be on at all - should they be selling non essential items - should they be putting delivery staff at risk just to deliver gloop - merits or otherwise of some other shopping channels selling loo rolls, is this better than selling a Sweaty Betty top. One actually said Q was selling food, yeah luxury priced items not basic items.

I think Royal Mail have said that if the pressure on their services builds up, they will consider allowing essential deliveries only. Not sure how they would police it though. Also, what one person calls essential, another might say is not. I know if I was waiting for my Birkenstockā€™s from QVC, Iā€™d say that delivery was vital. (Please donā€™t upset me, anyone, and tell me that QVC donā€™t sell Birkies any more. Iā€™d better go on Facebook and ask when the next show is.)
šŸ¤£

[G /QUOTE]
Every decision is now a dilemma & we just have to hope that those who have any kind of delivery job are being looked after & taking care of themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
The workers at a local chicken processing plant which AFAIK supplies virtually every supermarket with products have just walked out in protest at not being able to practice social distancing.

Iā€™m sure it must be difficult as these production lines would be set up for continuous throughput and may not work if only 1 in 6 production workers on the line at any one time.

Q did sell loo rolls once, didn't they? By Who Gives A Crap. It was pricey but they support a charity for loos in impoverished countries from their profits. Anyway, they are out of stock now!
My daughter's been buying them for some time, the quality isn't amazing but I support the commitment to others. She buys a box of 40, it always arrives when she's at work so I'm doing the childcare. I put them into the airing cupboard then push my granddaughter around the kitchen in the empty box, she thinks this is hilarious, I use it as a workout for my upper arms.

Well, I had to do Sainsbury this morning. Loads of toilet rolls all Andrex 16 pack! I got over-excited at being able to get my Sainsbury's own brand 48 pack of Weetabix! Hey, that is my breakfast cereal. Stocked up on 3 boxes of their own brand cat food 7+ you are only allowed 3 boxes of cat food its the only one Delilah will eat. The wine hall was nearly empty loads of wine at Ā£14+ a bottle, of course, I did manage to get a bottle of red and white at Ā£5+each though. All very civilized no pushing or grabbing people queuing standing well apart. Oh, I did buy fresh fruit.

Donna Iā€™ve had cats in the past and know they will virtual starve themselves until they get what they want - they have a great ability to stare you out to see who gives in first! Hope you can continue to get her sorted.

I've been housebound for quite some time, so, apart from worrying about running out of pot noodle (who said that?!) and caviar, life is much the same. That is, if you don't watch the news, or read the papers. Then I get on my soapbox, and have a good rant about the behaviour of the idiot masses.

Mr E has been cutting my hair for over a year, now, which is great, as I can't sit for long periods (nor stand, so I'm mostly propped up in bed, with a shed-load of pillows), so he does the back one day, and the top and sides, another. I keep it very short on the back, with a bit more length, top and sides. No longer have to blow-dry: hooray!

I've had a series of emails from Wool Warehouse, advising customers about shipping delays, as they have staff off, and a mountain of orders. People keeping busy, in their self-isolation. I already have a good stash, so plenty to keep me going.

Uncertain times ahead, but Twilight said, we will get through this.

I had a couple of items on order ages ago which surprisingly arrived today. The courier rang the bell I answered and stood well back (she didnā€™t) and asked her just to leave it down on the ground. She didnā€™t ask for a signature thank heavens.

i believe the post men have been told if an item needs a signature they are just to write Corona 19 on their pad. If this is the case what is the point of sending things as signed for as there is no proof.

I work in a mail centre and the amount of qvc returns we get is thousands. It is shocking that they and all the shopping channels are on selling rubbish. We are classified as key workers.

And do they read the reasons for return to learn from, I bet not. How, as a business, can they maintain such a quantity.

Latest posts

Back