Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a couple of items on order ages ago which surprisingly arrived today. The courier rang the bell I answered and stood well back (she didn’t) and asked her just to leave it down on the ground. She didn’t ask for a signature thank heavens.

i believe the post men have been told if an item needs a signature they are just to write Corona 19 on their pad. If this is the case what is the point of sending things as signed for as there is no proof.
Had delivery from DHL yesterday, usual chap. I stood at the top of the drive and told him to drop it at the bottom. He said they were taking photos instead of signing.

I see Dyson is rushing through a prototype ventilator and if passed will supply 10,000. I don’t suppose there is the remotest possibility of him doing this FOC considering he was originally intending to jump ship and is taking the p with those hairdryers and curler thing.
As you don’t do this in a day or two he has obviously been working on this for a while ready to cash in on some country’s crisis.
There are just some people who go down a sewer and come up smelling of roses.
I thought the same thing LATI. Like poor old Richard Branson bemoaning that the Government won't help his airline. They are both money grabbing s**ts

Just a word of warning, keep your pets in because we’ll be letting off fireworks in a mo, just done a decent shop in Aldi and yes people, that includes toilet rolls.........woohoo! 👏👏👏👏

Also, just to let my forum buddies know, apparently Aldi are only letting 80 people in at a time and only one trolley per family, that’s all my family or anyone I know was doing anyway but apparently there were families of three and four giving their kids a trolley to push round to fill, sounds like Coronavirus Version of Supermarket Sweep 😂😂😂

Toilet rolls? Toilet rolls? In a shop? My goodness.

I was unaware of people going round with a trolley per family member but then nothing surprises me these days, except for when things are available to buy! Waitrose in Stroud did have little tiny kiddy trolleys for youngsters which were really cute. We didn't get anything so charming in SW London. I do my weekly shop tomorrow, I am dreading it! I hope there isn't a massive queue just to get inside. It is a pretty small Waitrose in a shopping mall. Usually on a Friday morning it is quite an easy shop but now there are a lot more people, and a lot more babies in strollers.

We normally do main shop on Saturday morning and Mr L would pop in mid week for fresh fruit milk and bread.

Today went to usual Marks. Only letting a very few people (about 20 in a big store) in and then it was standing in line and a chap was letting one in as 1 left. He handed you a wet wipe to wipe your trolly and they had the in and out cordoned off so you didn’t pass. With so few people there was no problem keeping distances. The shelves were about 80% but I wouldn’t know what a Thursday was normally like, their T rolls normally only come in packs of 4 but today they had bigger packs .

On way home Mr L popped into Tesco who had no method at all, 2 teenagers standing together chatting and ignoring all customers. However he fell foul of a really snotty worker who publicly pulled him up because he bought 4 single bottles of water despite exactly the same item being sold in packs of 6 which we wouldn’t use. He was furious as they was no signs and she said he could have 3 x 6 packs but not 4 singles, When he came back to the car he announced that it was a good job I didn’t go in with him!

Don't be silly...they all have breadmaker machines.
I have one which I rarely use although I’ve always liked it when I did. However it’s much easier for me to get fresh bread than flour etc . You don’t get many loaves out of a bag of flour so the storage of it much take up half your kitchen. Houses will be made up of half flour and half T rolls!

Cartoon Trump 90783050_101579.jpg

Love it!

Pity they didn't tape over his nose as well. A mercy killing.:p:p
Yet I read that his popularity is higher than ever and they think he is doing a great job during the crisis. Thank goodness 60% of them don’t own a passport! Of course it has only just started over there and cities heavily populated so let’s wait and see if they are still singing the same tune in a few weeks.

Today went to usual Marks. Only letting a very few people (about 20 in a big store) in and then it was standing in line and a chap was letting one in as 1 left. He handed you a wet wipe to wipe your trolly and they had the in and out cordoned off so you didn’t pass. With so few people there was no problem keeping distances.

Aldi was the same. A short wait outside to be let in, wipes for the trolley ( no baskets allowed), hand sanitiser , reminded to keep 2 metres apart and then after paying, you had to pack everything back into the trolley and take it to the car. I managed to get everything I wanted. They had loo rolls. They also had idiots who didn't understand what 2 metres looks like.

Yet I read that his popularity is higher than ever and they think he is doing a great job during the crisis. Thank goodness 60% of them don’t own a passport! Of course it has only just started over there and cities heavily populated so let’s wait and see if they are still singing the same tune in a few weeks.

Interesting to read that Mr & Mrs Markle have hot foot it to LA as the border is about to close ! which for someone who hates Trump as much as Mrs Markle does, is surprising she wants to return to the States. But I wonder if she realises LA is also in lockdown 😂 Perhaps they'll keep flying in their private jet around the world, looking for a COVID 19 free zone.

Latest posts

Back