Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Went shopping today and although I understand the 1 in 1 out system but it can now be up to an hour waiting to just get into the shop.
Not sure what the heck people are doing in store as it is ages before anyone comes s back out. I’m in and out as quick as possible. Didn’t think the stocks were as good as in the earlier weeks maybe they aren't pulling out all the stops as they did at the start.

Unfortunately it makes you buy more so you don’t have to do it again!

Again don’t understand the signs which tell you that you can buy 4 tins of soup but no more than 2 of same flavour ie 2 tomato and 2 chicken but not 3 chicken and 1 other. I suppose there is some method in their madness.

Still as long as we remain healthy it’s a very small price to pay and there are loads of people who aren't able to get out at all.

Speaking to a lady yesterday who is in a wheelchair who can’t get out to shop and the difficulty of one person portions and mentioned to her that a local farm shop was now offering home delivery which would probably suit her. She knew this but refused to pay the delivery charge. I knew her late husband and knew he was a very senior NHS manager so she would have a very comfortable pension plus her own income but was expecting carers and neighbours to do it for her rather than paying an extra few pounds.
A lot of people like that. We are struggling to get a delivery slot and so are forced to go shopping although both if us are 70 and I have asthma, have had pneumonia 4 times and a cold usually ends up on my chest. Our local nursery has started selling fruit ,veg,and salad boxes. Delivery charge is £10,but they are also delivering 3 bags of compos otherwise I wouldn't pay that much. We have no children and our neighbours are in the same boat or we do not know them.

Okay, I will admit stockpiling cat food. I buy two boxes for one cat and I have now got 6 boxes. Dinah fleabag is much younger than Delilah so has to get a bag of dried food and boxes of wet food, she has one unopened bag and about 4 boxes of wet. There is a notice saying no more than 3 boxes of food so I just buy every week anyway.
You love your cats, shame that the country I see as responsible for this crisis doesn't rate the lives of innocent animals.

Our older daughter's pregnant & has set up a local support group for other mums to be. A number of them have faced abuse from older shoppers during the designated shopping hours for those at risk. One girl even had someone press her tummy after accusing her of using padding!

I can understand delivery slots being well into the future as one man and a van can only do so much in a day but our Tesco has no click and collect slots for over 2 months. You would think they would expand this facility which would take the pressure of stores.

Asides eating bats, they also allow them to roost in livestock sheds or in market rafters. That appears to be the biggest problem.

They have cages of live mixed animal species stacked on top of each other (like dog on top of cat on top of fox etc.) so the droppings from roosting bats are dropping through the cages of the other animals and this allows viruses that have lived on one species harmlessly to mix with viruses of another species which ultimately has caused this outbreak (and others in the past). It's apparently 96% bat DNA, though some researchers are claiming something else.

If you can get hold of a copy of last week's China Week (I think that's the title) there's an article in it that explains it a lot better than I just did.

The market traders don't keep to the same animal so you can buy dogs/cats/pigs from the same trader which is a huge problem. If traders kept the same animals this risk would be reduced but they don't as "Mrs Lee" can buy all her meat from her favourite trader much like we buy all our shopping from our favourite supermarket. It doesn't help that dead meat is kept alongside the live animals. Ugh.

It is apparently illegal to sell many of those species but they're sold due to demand. Even after this crisis, it will be extremely hard for the inspectors to stamp out this illegal trade as it's ingrained in some customs. Even wealthy educated men succumb to the lure of the promise of sexual prowess that a rhino horn can give them. Men!

It isn`t just for food why the Chinese buy so many different species. They believe in traditional Chinese cures which rely on many species being slaughtered for their blood,, bones or other bodily fluids. Considering the Chinese are so red hot with new inventions or technology, many of them are hundreds of years behind the times in their beliefs.

Yes the clips I have seen on TV or tried not to see of these markets in China is beyond disgusting in fact there are no words.Cultural difference are one thing but this is way beyond that. I would boycott anything ‘made in China’ if I could but what would that leave me with?World Governments need to take action.

Despite queuing for an hour I had to abandon my shopping trip yesterday as I had to get to the chemist for a time slot collection so Mr L ventured out this morning.

He left home before 8.30 Tesco is less than 10 minute drive there and back and is just back most of that spent standing in the car park. He said Tesco have now introduced a route system which you have to follow even if you don’t want anything on that route so he spent ages walking around the store in areas he would have just skipped. This meant he was there far longer than necessary which in turn meant one more person couldn’t get in until he left. Normally he can shop like an Olympic athlete, no messing, no reading labels, just put what’s on the list in the trolly and self scan and out in minutes.

on the plus side plenty of T rolls and even some small hand gel.

A route system through a supermarket? What a nightmare! I always have to retrace my steps because I forgot something on my list so I would probably have to start again.
Exactly, no turning around or veering off, its back to the start again.That Fitbit will come in handy.

Lord, our Tesco is the size of an aircraft hangar ! and who the hell wants to be taken past kids clothing, tv sets, the opticians, when all you want are crumpets, mushrooms and some chicken ????

When I went last Friday, it was one in one out, but had free roam of the store, however on many of the aisles it was impossible to navigate for all the staff making up home delivery orders - lucky them to get a ****** slot !!!

Asda has a route system too, follow the arrows, it was weird walking round past the sanitary towels and Tampons things we normally wouldn’t have bothered going past, we went after 7pm and it was quite quiet but following the arrows past things we didn’t want, made us forget the things we did and ended up coming out with hardly anything we needed. Jeez those panic buyers have got a lot to answer for. 😡

Big fear that because it is going to be good weather at the weekend loads of people will treat it as bank holiday and completely ignore the lockdown. Not 100% sure where they are going to go as everywhere is shut and I appreciate it’s difficult if you don’t have even a small garden but really can’t folk just sit tight for another while at least until it peaks.

Big fear that because it is going to be good weather at the weekend loads of people will treat it as bank holiday and completely ignore the lockdown. Not 100% sure where they are going to go as everywhere is shut and I appreciate it’s difficult if you don’t have even a small garden but really can’t folk just sit tight for another while at least until it peaks.

Agreed Lati.

My daily routine, whether I shower or not is to get fully dressed before I go to the office in my living room.
I think it's important to get in the right mindset to face the day, otherwise sleeptime morphs into daytime... and that's depressing and unproductive.
I'm not really one for full slap (or even partial slap) but perfume is a must. I've got loads of little samples which I'm going through at present. Some last more than others, but just because something lasts doesn't mean I'm going to love it.

My hair is more or less purple thanks to my last-ditch hairdresser visit (my hairdresser literally shut up shop at the end of the day I visited).
When I was undergoing treatment (for breast cancer, for what it's worth), I went short, and grey. I got loads of compliments, especially from men (who never notice anything). I went magenta to celebrate the end of a challenging project.

If it's several months before the hairdressers are open again, I will happily re-embrace the grey (snow white in most places) until my lovely hairdresser reopens for business.

The purple /magenta sounds nice, May. If you have cool colouring, I expect that nice vivid blue would work well too. Schwarkprof Brand (!) or something. Maybe just the ends if chin length/longer/or a few baylage bits if shorter.

Latest posts

Back