Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cabbage.png

I've spent about 3 hours today trying to change a password, including an initial 30 minutes on hold on the phone, then my phone battery went dead. Then later on another 40 minutes on hold, before finally success to get a new password, after speaking to 3 different people. It had initially tried to send a TEXT message to my LANDLINE!!!

But on the phone, they had security questions which they said I HAD SET UP, but I couldn't have.

For example, my grandfather's first name on my mother's side, someone who I never met, and had no idea of his name, ever. But I had to make a guess anyway.

Then my father's MIDDLE name, BUT he never had one, but I had to guess even though I said he never had one, so I tried NONE, but that didn't work.

All in all, I've wasted about 4 hours today on this, including setting up a new savings account, having finally logged on.

Okay, I need to confess.

I am now reduced to watching paranormal series, yes people wandering around in the dark trying to contact the dead.
Most Haunted I refuse to watch as it is totally faked with screaming.

VAPI keep the lights on and really debunk,

Are You Haunted? very basic they don't seem to have the high tech equipment.

Another UK one where the main guy shouts at ghosts and I know if I were one I would ignore him on principle! Though they did get a really good photo no sheets but a human shape in Chester.

Ghosts of Old England is very boring a man in a hat wanders around explaining the history of an area it took over 30 minutes before I realized he is a medium. Ancient churchyard a woman in a hospital gown who smelt of TCP! Oh, I had the subtitles on as he mumbled a bit and got a cracker, he was talking about a sideboard and the subtitle said, cyborg! 😂 😂 I was waiting for Captain Picard to pop up.

In between, I did watch Ann with an E season 1 but back to ghost hunts for a while. I highly recommend Anne based on Anne of Green Gables.

Anne of Green Gables my childhood heroine, loved loved the books and Mr L bought me a special edition book as a present but it is too beautiful to use!

Donna do we need to talk you down? It’s not I do not believe in ghosts just not TV programmes about them.

Anyone interested in face masks Boots are offering (restricted to 1 per customer) 3 ply soft looped masks pack of 50 for £35 home delivery, ordered today for delivery 28th.
These were received yesterday comfortable to wear but I think they are definitely meant for one use only but are made to a regulation thickness. However on opening the box a slip of paper full of Chinese (or similar) was on top.!!!!
Today Lidl had boxes of 50 for £31.50 but I have no idea of size or quality.

The price of those paper masks are extortionate. Long before anyone had heard of the virus I had bought a box of 50 to put in my "what if there's an emergency" box (I know, I know). They cost me £4.99 for the box from Amazon. The cost to make them can't have gone up that much so someone somewhere is making a fortune.

CC

The price of those paper masks are extortionate. Long before anyone had heard of the virus I had bought a box of 50 to put in my "what if there's an emergency" box (I know, I know). They cost me £4.99 for the box from Amazon. The cost to make them can't have gone up that much so someone somewhere is making a fortune.

CC
Dis this box replace your Y2K box?😆

A friend who has asthma ventured out wearing a mask the paper sort and had a massive asthma attack. Her partner phoned the after-hours doctor who talked her down told her to increase her inhalers. Also do not wear a mask! I did tell her if she tried a mask again she would no doubt have a panic attack which will lead to another asthmas attack. She hasn't had one in years.

I see the MB handwash quad for £40 is now on advanced orders. I got (stockpiled) mine last week so it was available for a long time before it's debut on this Gotta Have It day. That is today isn't it? What with lockdown and the pre launch of the TSVs on Q I never know where I am!

I forgot to mention I stockpiled even more handwash yesterday. There is a set of 4 Molton Brown for £40 plus postage. Lemon and Mandarin, Blue Maquis, Amber Cocoon, Lily of the Valley. 241797. Just couldn't resist! I also couldn't resist the Radio Times offer of £15 off at Laithwaites with the code RADIOTIMESFREE and free delivery. It is a fairly pricey outfit and the order must be 12 bottles for at least £84 before discount I think. So I have a case heading my way! To get the code working I had to go via radiotimes.com/laithwaites15.

I have been eyeing that Molton Brown set of 4 handwashes ever since you mentioned it, Mazza (you naughty thing). I am not as familiar with all the fragrances as bigger aficionados on here but back in the heady days of being able to go in shops and try things (remember that, anyone??!), I kept a little list on my phone of ones I had sniffed and liked/disliked or comments. Next to Blue Maquis, I have noted “boring/generic”. Is it just a “fresh” smell like any cheaper supermarket handwash, in your or anyone else‘s opinion? I am so tempted to get the set, even though I don’t need it.

EDIT How funny, just seen you posted earlier about this. I was on the previous page. So, it’s on AO now. That might stop me...

We had a socially distanced drinks party in the communal garden at the flats on Monday. 🍷🍷🍷 I was so hungover yesterday I could barely move and spent the afternoon flat on the sofa watching Midsomer Murders. Now I have to begin to do a little light housework to get things shipshape for when the cleaners start on Tuesday next week. Such is life. And it is a struggle today......

Latest posts

Back