Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello all. I have come for a big fat moan as I am feeling very sorry for myself. After two weeks on trauma ward with my ankle I was released to a rehab unit yesterday. It is like a geriatric ward with added dementia. I am so depressed. I cannot do anything until assessed and that won't be before Monday but includes stuff I had been doing. So I have just gone backwards. I keep bursting into tears and the staFF think I'm mad! Hey ho.

Mazza, how I wish we could visit hospitals like in normal times. I’d be straight down there to cheer you up.

I didn’t realise you were still in hospital. I must have misread the whole situation as I thought you had been to hospital when you damaged your ankle and been sent home. So sorry to hear the actual story. As Twilight says, they need to put you somewhere that’s conducive to a swift recovery. If the staff don’t understand why you’re crying, they are insensitive. (I’m sure they’re trying to do their best though.)

Last edited:
Mazza, I too didn't realise you were still holed upon hospital. So sorry to hear it's such a struggle, I think it must be worse when your life and decisions are essentially out of your hands... Add to that being with wholly inappropriate fellow residents. So stressful for you!

You vent as much as you like here. Sending virtual hugs, sane(ish) conversation and virtual grapes to you.

Twilight! Welcome back, I hope you are feeling better within yourself.

🥳😘🎆🧸🎉

Hello all. I have come for a big fat moan as I am feeling very sorry for myself. After two weeks on trauma ward with my ankle I was released to a rehab unit yesterday. It is like a geriatric ward with added dementia. I am so depressed. I cannot do anything until assessed and that won't be before Monday but includes stuff I had been doing. So I have just gone backwards. I keep bursting into tears and the staFF think I'm mad! Hey ho.

Thats absolutely awful Mazza, my heart goes out to you and I sincerely hope you get better soon, we’re all here for you and sending you my love and virtual hugs ❤️ xx

Mazza, I too didn't realise you were still holed upon hospital. So sorry to hear it's such a struggle, I think it must be worse when your life and decisions are essentially out of your hands... Add to that being with wholly inappropriate fellow residents. So stressful for you!

You vent as much as you like here. Sending virtual hugs, sane(ish) conversation and virtual grapes to you.

Twilight! Welcome back, I hope you are feeling better within yourself.

🥳😘🎆🧸🎉
Thank you ❤

😘😘 hope you soon get home.

Yes I have to do rehab after breaking my ankle. Had surgery but cant walk yet . Had to go weight free for 2 weeks just completed. Now due to use boot and get used to crutches. Can't manage home alone with upstairs loo. Trouble is no physio staff to assess my current level and set schedule until Monday so until then I am confined to the bed or the chair. No wandering with the frame like I was free to do on trauma ward. Also fellow residents seriously geriatric and my neighbour talks non stop every waking moment.. Sometimes to an imaginary friend sometimes snide comments.But there is no conversation on the ward at all. It is deathly. I kept bursting into tears all morning.

Thanks for everyone's support. 💖

Ask if they can move you in to a Broom Cupboard? Re the Gerries...If you can't beat them join them, so just start muttering & chuntering...terretz (sp) stylee. Get it all out of your system....

Hi Mazza,

I've been lurking, rather than posting, recently, and must have missed your broken ankle (so to speak). It sounds awful for you, stuck with a bunch of nutcrackers. I hope you can get moved, once you've had your assessment. In the meantime, watch some crazy cats (or dogs) on youtube: that'll soon lift your spirits.

Keep well.

Thanks everyone for such lovely posts. The trouble is they only do rehab Mon-Fri so the weekends are like death lounges. We had a great nurse today to whom I vented and she said it was very clear in my notes from St George's that I was considered mobile with frame and boot. So it was just taking the easy option to avoid me exercising and needing supervision, I'm hoping, and just keeping me with the others. Lazy sods. I think I will be here a few weeks sadly but at least today vindicated my comments (even though my foot hurts now!!lol!!).

Hi Mazza,

I've been lurking, rather than posting, recently, and must have missed your broken ankle (so to speak). It sounds awful for you, stuck with a bunch of nutcrackers. I hope you can get moved, once you've had your assessment. In the meantime, watch some crazy cats (or dogs) on youtube: that'll soon lift your spirits.

Keep well.

Yes. Perhaps have a look at a cockortwo

Yes. Perhaps have a look at a cockortwo
Adds: for serious cute factor see baby otters on Tube. Would even turn a viper to mush.

Mazza are you on your own at home? Is that part of the problem getting discharged or do you need treatment on an inpatient basis.?

Girl, you have got through nearly 4 months of lockdown you can do this. Keep us posted.
Yes on my own and with an upstairs loo. I didn't mind lockdown too much as I watched theatre on the TV and had block parties. So really I just need to be able to manage the stairs. But at last today I saw a physio who realised I was not half senile and could do what I said I could do. Tomorrow I have an outpatients back at St George's for which I need transport. Do we know the time of this appointment? Do we f***!?!

Mazza just a suggestion but you can hire stair lifts for short term use. I hired one when my late hubby was ill and couldn`t reach the upstairs loo. If there`s someone you can trust to arrange this for you at home then you could out of prison quicker.
Brilliant idea.

Awww I hope you are feeling better ! 😉

Latest posts

Back